• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysteries of Dungeons // PMD Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I got a question, how the heck do you guys get through monster houses? Or are you like me and just get your tail kicked right away and cry in your room for a few minute, I swear those things are unbeatable man without earthquake or something like that or a bulky legendary pokemon on your team.
For me, it's just luck. Hopefully I have a Totter Orb to confuse them so they attack eachother and miss me, or a Foe-Hold Orb so I can take them on one at a time. Those things make MHes ultra easy. If not... yeah, maybe that crying thing is true. Because no, I don't have Earthquake/Discharge/etc. on any of my team members.

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I got a question, how the heck do you guys get through monster houses? Or are you like me and just get your tail kicked right away and cry in your room for a few minute, I swear those things are unbeatable man without earthquake or something like that or a bulky legendary pokemon on your team.

Heh, before i got moves like earthquake and overheat i had a pretty hard time with em. I do have two prominent tactics for them though.

1) let the other team member do the work. Easier said than done, but if you had a couple team members on that mission with you it really helped

2) i used the orb thing that stunned the pokemon in the room and ran into a hallway. Then it was only one at a time, and MUCH easier.

There is always the say and one place method, but i prefer not to do that. It rarely worked for me.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Yeah... I just remembered this other strategy. Have your strongest team member go into the room and have the rest stand in the hallway. On the first turn, use a Totter/Sleep/etc. Orb. Have the non-hallway member fight and you'll heal him/her every turn. Should take them out eventually... it's worked for me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 18, 2014
I would love to join this club. I'm a huge PMD fan. c:

Username: Azenia
Nickname (optional): Az
Answer a topic: What PMD games have you played so far?
-I have played Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity. And I have loved them all!

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
I don't do it often, but one of my favorite ways for dealing with Monster Houses... is to eat a Vanish Seed. They won't have any idea where you've gone and will all start leaving the room to go search the rest of the floor for you. As they do that, you're free to make a break for it, if you don't feel like fighting them- they won't bother you.

Or you can attack them while invisible, but that's kind of time-consuming since they're moving away from you, which makes them rather hard to target.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would love to join this club. I'm a huge PMD fan. c:

Username: Azenia
Nickname (optional): Az
Answer a topic: What PMD games have you played so far?
-I have played Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity. And I have loved them all!

Hiya, Az; welcome to our club!

Going to throw in a new topic, guys; make sure to answer. Would you like it if there was a movie based off PMD? How would you expect the storyline to turn out? Which Pokémon would you like to see make appearance in it?

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Would you like it if there was a movie based off PMD? How would you expect the storyline to turn out? Which Pokémon would you like to see make appearance in it? Heck yeah I would! It'll be your normal story, some random human turns into a pokemon the world is about to end the human saves the world The End. Pikachu, pikachu has to appear in it cause this is pokemon we're talking about. And I want to see swirlix cause it's my favorite pokemon

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
If they were to make a movie for mystery dungeon i would go crazy, i have always wanted more than a teaser episode like what they put on tv after the release of explorers.

You know what whould be awesome? They make a thing like they did with origins to the original red/blue rescue team. That whould Litiraly blow my mind. I think i want to play through red rescue again now ^.^

Shhmew

Years
Two words: SPURN ORB. I always bought them or picked them up when I saw them and had a stash of them in my bank. Usually brought like 5 with me into a dungeon at a time. They were incredibly helpful.

If not, I relied on these strategies:
-Keep a move on you or your partner's moveset that hits all foes in the room (such as Discharge or Heat Wave) and use it as soon as you enter a Monster House. (or, if it's on your partner, uncheck every move except that one and let them replace you in the room so they attack everyone) Then just cross your fingers and hope it's enough to take out most of them.
-Eat a Warp seed to warp away, and change your partner's tactic to "Get Away" so the house will disperse and you can attack them one by one as they reach you individually.
-Pure Seed. Rare, but if you have it, *thumbs up* Just warp to the stairs and move on. (doesn't always work... sometimes the monster house is in the room with stairs, or you need to complete the mission on that floor)
-If none of these are options, using most orbs will definitely give you the upper hand. So you just gotta use what you have and hope for the best.

Would you like it if there was a movie based off PMD?
Hell yeeaaah! I've been really wanting something like this. I feel like the anime (wasn't it only, like, one or two episodes? I dunno) didn't quite do the games justice. An entire movie, if done just right, would make me cry with joy. ;w;

How would you expect the storyline to turn out?
I wouldn't even mind if it was simply based off of Explorers of Sky and had that exact storyline to it. It'd be about the feels and the beauty for me. I'm not very good at coming up with new plots anyway. o.o

Which Pokémon would you like to see make appearance in it?
Based on the options in Explorers of Sky, I'd like the partner to be an Eevee, <3 And maybe the main character could be a a Vulpix. just 'cause those are the cutest ehehhe
And they could just run into the other characters in the game of course :3 If the movie wasn't based off of a game and had its own story, I'd still like for there to be an Eevee partner (it'd just be really cute okay) and I wouldn't really mind who the main was, though it'd be cool if it wasn't Pikachu, since Pikachu is pretty boring and cliché, showing up as the main in a lot of the anime already ;3

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
YESSS of course. I would like to see pokemon discover things instead of Ash doing it. It would look so diffrent cause some pokemon are little and so you can see the world from a whole other perspective.
I would like to see a pokemon discover things. Get through lots of dungeons and see how the look like if you are not looking up from the top.
Which Pokémon would you like to see make appearance in it?
hmm I would love to see scuirtle in it. since I just liked playing with scuirtle in the games.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
//Would you like it if there was a movie based off PMD?
Omg~ Yes! Absolutely fantastic if they did! I would just cry in a corner and I would be so happy about it, I guess I just really like pokemon mystery dungeon more than the actual game of pokemon, to be honest xD I guess I really liked the pokemon than the actual people.

//How would you expect the storyline to turn out?
I would like it to be fairly predictable, but more on the actual story than dungeon grinding for at least twenty minutes, it needs to have some love or romance of some kind (almost ANY KIND), some kind of double confusing plot-twist, real-time amazing action that would be amazing, and lastly lots of comedy xD

//Which Pokémon would you like to see make appearance in it?
As much as I would like to mention some names, almost all mains or partners need to at least be shown once, even as a background person it would be fine.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Quick question: Why is it that no one likes Gates To Infinity? Is it because "it's Gen 5 and it must be $#!7 if it's Gen 5?"

No, it wasn't the fact that it was Gen 5. I personally loved Gen 5.

Infinity was just a major setback from what Sky had set up. Sky was packed with content, Pokemon, plot, interesting characters, had good graphics for DS standards, and was just overall a wonderful game. The only thing Gates improved on was the graphics, making it 3D.

How do I beat Monster Houses?

Foe-Hold Orb and Petrify orb. They're basically the same thing except the Foe-Hold Orb stuns all enemies on the floor, apart from those who spawn after the orb has been used. The Petrify Orb just stuns all enemies in the room. If you want free Exp., just kill off the enemies one by one when they're stunned.

Just make sure that you or your team members DON'T have a move that'll hit all nearby enemies (ex. Discharge, Earthquake). It'll unfreeze all of the enemies and then they'll all attack you.

Would I like to see a PMD movie?

OMG yes! If the anime episodes were good, then a movie would be amazing!

How would I expect the storyline to turn out?

If it had to be based off a game, I would hope it would be Sky. I wouldn't mind Blue/Red Rescue Team either, I still love those games no matter how difficult they are (god damn Moltres!). I would give a Gates to Infinity movie the benefit of the doubt.

Which Pokemon would I like to see in it?

Well, I would love to see an Eevee in it (best Pokemon). I swear if they had Shinx as the partner, I would faint. In fact, I'll accept any Pokemon except a f*cking Pikachu! I understand that it's the mascot and everything but does every single piece of Pokemon merchandise have to have it on?

I was happy they changed up the anime episodes by having Squirtle, Charmander and Chikorita be the main characters of the first MD episode (even though Pikachu was in the episode with a really out of place voice). And in the Time/Darkness and Sky episodes they had Piplup and Chimchar. No Pikachu AT ALL in those episodes. Of course, the Gates to Infinity trailers had to have Pikachu in them. And guess what, that Pikachu was female, which was big 'ole slap to the face!

Speaking of the GtI trailers, the Pokemon Paradise doesn't seem like a safe place to live:

Spoiler:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
while searching for one of my ds games yesterday i came across one of my old red rescue game carts. i have had upwards of three copies over the years but this one happened to be my first, which i had not seen for at least 7 years. i checked how far i was and i was surprised to find out it wasn't done (i usually beat sky tower before giving up). which comes to the question i want to ask, how far have you guys gotten in your mystery dungeon games? have you fully completed any of them?

i myself have yet to fully get to every dungeon in red rescue, but i have in explorers and gates. i am going to go complete that old save on red rescue now :)

Last edited:

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
how far have you guys gotten in you mystery dungeon games? have you fully completed any them?
In red and blue rescue team after beating the main story I pretty much just quit cause the game gets pretty slow after that in my opinion
but in explorers of sky, I play way past the end of the main story there's not exactly a specific place where I stop but I always get to at least the part where I get shaymin
in gates to infinity, I pretty much just stopped after beating the main story cause that game was pretty boring to me

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
how far have you guys gotten in you mystery dungeon games? have you fully completed any them?

Not fully, no, since I rarely if ever have the patience to figure out some really airtight strategy for clearing the level 1 dungeons. But I do usually run through all of the dungeons aside from those, and obviously I complete the main and post-game storylines. I've done so in Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Sky, but I don't remember how far I got in Time...

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
@current Topic: I only have completed blue rescue team and in that game only the game not what is post game... I am still playing PMD time for which I am in the hidden land and I have been playing darkness a long time ago but I don't know how far I came in the game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Starting a new topic, you all! If you haven't answered the previous one, then feel free to do so. Are you disappointed that there aren't many PMD manga out there? If you were to create your own, how would it be? What would you call it? How would the storyline go? Where would it take place? Who would be the main characters?

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Are you disappointed that there aren't many PMD manga out there? Not really, i'm not that big of a fan of magna myself. How many PMD magnas are there anyways? I only heard of 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back