• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: SongInserter Advance - A new era in GBA music inserting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
Come on guys i am desperate here! This project of mine will NEVER BE COMPLETED unless i can get some code in Visual basic 6.0.

And, i want a replacement for sappy as much as u guys do so please, just PLEASE can u help me get some VB6 code somehow???

Thanks, GSH

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Come on guys i am desperate here! This project of mine will NEVER BE COMPLETED unless i can get some code in Visual basic 6.0.

And, i want a replacement for sappy as much as u guys do so please, just PLEASE can u help me get some VB6 code somehow???

Thanks, GSH

Try this code:
Code:
Public Function ReadStuff(ByVal offset As Long, ByVal count As Long) As String
    Dim sFileName As String
    Dim bReadData() As Byte
    Dim iFreeFile As Integer

iFreeFile = FreeFile()
    sFileName = "myfile.file"
    Open sFileName For Binary As #iFreeFile
        Seek #iFreeFile, offset + 1
        ReDim bReadData(0 To count - 1) As Byte
        Get #iFreeFile, , bReadData()
    Close #iFreeFile
    ReadStuff = StrConv(bReadData, vbUnicode)
End Function
I've tested it under Visual Basic 6.0

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2019
hey this looks nice men :)
I will test it later times

how it is progressing with the looper?
~ Smash

Torchic's Comeback

Pokémon Player
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2018
Wow, was it really that long since I was confused? Wow, I was so pathetic back then! Anyway, I've inserted A song. I want to see how well it works. Hmmm... Well, how do you use the songs? I've inserted them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2020
This will help me a lot, since sappy doesn't run on wine (linux), and this tool does :D
Will you make it open source?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Will this have a MIDI edition? I only have MIDI's & no file that the tool needs. That ELF thing, izit?

Maxie_da_man

Pokemon Hacker, Musician
Years
I have not been on PokeCommunity for such the longest while, like, 3-4 years lol.

I'm actually a music producer myself, and I used to hack pokemon ruby back in like, 2008 (not for music hacking, but advance mapping). I have fiddled with Sappy once but never really had the feel to really use it for anything. After seeing what you have created. I may give this one a shot. Will be looking forward to the full version of the app. Any chance there is a tutorial located here based on SongInserter Advance?

I want to get back into pokemon hacking again and teach myself some more things that I haven't learned throughout the years. It's definitely exciting, and challenging but I believe its all worth it. For the love of pokemon lol.

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
:/

To all,

Ahh, i love you guys thanks for the positive feedback.
Unfortunately, because of the roadblock i've hit this project therefore (read on)

Ok guys lemme tell you about my Visual Basic skills. I learnt Visual Basic when i had NO INTERNET (:O shocking isnt it). No guides. No people to assist me. I looked at all the lines of code for Hackmew's apps, and that taught me how to program a little. It's been a hard road for me trying to finish this app. With little to nothing, VB6 experience i looked into .Net, and found that it looked more difficult then Vb6 so i kinda avoided it.
I honestly wish i could've finished finished this app and released it, but sorry guys, thats a no go.

So without further ado, i release the source code for SongInserter Advance.

The source is a bit unorganized as it contains all the shrapnel of ideas and possible future addons that i left behind.
I really dont want to see this project go to hell, so can someone please bring project into working form and keep it as close as possible to the original thing.

Thanks guys, and peace!

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2021
how do i find out what song i replaced. because i dont know the offsets for each song. BTW can this work with other GBA games

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
kkxd, please don't bump threads in the Toolbox that are over two months old.

gamesharkhacker, if you would like this thread to be reopened just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back