• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Movies

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I've only watched the first three movies and the one with Deoxys as a kid.

I recently started watching all movies from the beginning on Japanese, and currently watched only the first two. Can't say I liked them. The only thing I liked were Team Rocket in the second movie and Kasumi's tsundere side in the same movie.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
My favourite is The Power of One followed by Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I just love Lugia, and the legendary birds of Kanto. And I found the story in LATMOM just so emotional (seriously, I bawled like a baby when Lucario... you know - I don't want to spoil anything). So yeah.

Least favourites would be... Spell of the Unown 'cause I used to like Entei but that one annoyed me, Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea 'cause as much as I like Pokémon Rangers I just didn't get into the story on that one, andd.... Arceus and the Jewel of Life 'cause Arceus was just a douche for most of the film.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
Years
Okay, I think these movies are hit/miss. They have okay to typical storylines, but I think the animation is a teeny bit better than the TV series.

I remember the first one, and I wanted to see it immediatly. I saw it on the day after it opened in theaters and I liked it. I went to see it again. I think it was decent. And let me tell you that the whole "Fighting is wrong" bit near the end had little impact on me.

I still like it. As for the others, well, it's a hit/miss in my opinion. The second movie was decent and fun to watch. But the whole saving the world part near the end kinda dissapointed me.

The third one was okay, but there were some parts, especially with Molly's wishes was kind of weak and childish. But at least the whole crystalization effects was kind of creative.

The fourth one was okay. And it was the second pokemon movie I went to see in theaters (I missed out on the previous 2). The Iron Masked Marauder was a really cool villian.

The Fifth one was okay. Of course, I saw no ads for it on TV and though It wasn't released.

The rest, especially the Advanced movies and the Diamond and Pearl Movies they were okay, not great, but okay. (But I haven't seen the Zoroark: Master of Illusions movie yet)

And almost a year ago I went to see Pokemon Victini and Zekrom in theaters, and it wasn't atriocious.

The pokemon movies, they're not horrendous, but they're not perfect either. I still like them nonetheless.

Back