• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman X: The Maverick War

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hello, Pokecommunity!

This is Fraot and I fially post a thread about my game. If you already know me, you'll get disappointed because this is not my Pokémon game; and it's canceled right now until I find reasons to restart it.

This is a fan-made Megaman X I've been developing since a little before I started with my Pokémon project (late 2008). Then I lost inspiration in mid 2009 due to my low programming skills and then, on early 2010 restarted from where I left it but I was working slowly on it.

Now, moving onto the topic... the story takes place after Megaman X5 ignoring X7 and X8, since they're alternate stories.

Story

In the year 21XX, Dr. Cain, a leading scientist of the 22nd century is on an expedition dig to examine Mesozoic fossil records when he comes upon the ancient ruins of Dr. Thomas Light's lab. There he finds the doctor's final creation, "X", encapsulated. He examines X and copies his design, creating the Reploid race: robots that can think, feel, and make their own decisions. But disaster strikes when some of the robots begin to rebel, or go "maverick". Soon, even the leader of the Maverick Rebels rebels, and instigates a full-scale war. X joins the war to stop Sigma and restore peace. However, that struggle would last for decades and would not stop easily.

After Zero died in the events on Megaman X5, X became the "leader" of the Maverick Hunters along with Signas. However, Zero was secretely reconstructed but he refused to continue his duty on fighting Mavericks knowing that he was the source of the Sigma Virus, so he decided to go into an eternal slumber.

After decades of effort, the world Human Council finally founded Neo Arcadia, a gigantic utopia, where humans could live in peace.

Maverick Hunters forged a pact with human goverment to authorize the creation of perfect copies of X in order to make the ultimate guardians and keep the pace of Neo Arcadia. These guardians were given different attributes of X's skills.

The Wind Wise guardian was given the mission to keep vigilance of the sky.
The Fire Fighter guardian was given the mission to watch over the ground perimeter.
The Water Fairy guardian was given the mission to ensure no enemies would reach by the sea. And the Shadow Hidden guardian along with his army, were special forces to counter enemies by ambushing.

A new anti-virus was made in order to counter Sigma virus, this program was code named Mother Elf. After X used the Mother Elf to delete the Sigma Virus, the number of Mavericks decreased significantly. It was at this point that the human scientist Dr. Weil proposed Project Elpizo: a plan to control all Reploids by combining the Mother Elf's rewriting abilities with a Reploid created to be a perfect rule.

Although X opposed this operation and Dr. Weil's "philosophy of rule" with his own "philosophy of coexistence", a fear of a long-lasting war resulted in increasing support for Project Elpizo.

To further his own secret agenda of a new world order with him as ruler, Dr. Weil instigated the Elf Wars by stealing the Mother Elf herself and corrupting her turning her into the Dark Elf. Dr. Weil then created the code named "Baby Elves", copies of the Dark Elf which he used to make Reploids turn Maverick and fight each other on a grand scale, plunging the world in chaos.

With full support from the human government, Dr. Weil continued Project Elpizo and attempted to exert total control over all Reploids in the world by combining the Dark Elf with the Reploid Omega. Omega was constructed from a secret copy of the body of Zero because Dr. Weil believed that a body immune to infection would be the perfect weapon to end the Maverick Wars, or so he said...

Features

Spoiler:

Screenshots
The most exciting part!

screenshot100_zpsf5647558.png

An old screenshot

screenshot101_zps81b27a52.png

Splash screen

screenshot103_zpsa9295cdf.png

My logo

screenshot104_zpsba6f1600.png

Title screen

screenshot105_zpsc9ec1bf7.png

A new objective!

screenshot106_zpsd3632ef6.png

Objective accomplished!

screenshot107_zps04378647.png

Killing a missile guy!

screenshot108_zpsb611a09a.png

Showing the nice visual effects wen shooting charged blasts.

screenshot110_zpse35ba444.png

Putting on the armor

screenshot112_zpsd1848446.png

Using the V-Dust, a missile packed with corrosive acid.

screenshot113_zps228be005.png

Climbing a ladder

screenshot114_zpsc04b090f.png

The Main page of the menu

screenshot115_zpsf5bbc448.png

The right papge: Mission

screenshot102_zpsf3eccbaa.png

The left page: Armor

screenshot116_zpsb9c83e7e.png

An old armor page.

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ixdjF4P8A&feature=share&list=PLNkyYxGnuYK29lV9EKMPrSqOqo9JL-eTj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJNxceN5YU&feature=share&list=PLNkyYxGnuYK29lV9EKMPrSqOqo9JL-eTj

Credits
Graphics

1. Fraot: Most graphics in the interface. Most of the work here.
  2. People at sprite-inc.co.uk: Web page is http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/. These guys are amazing and ripped many sprites. So, credits for the sprites go to them.
Music

1. Fraot: Some custom musics not played in the videos. But the game is supposed to have the entire soundtrack composed by me.
  2. People at Capcom like Yuki Iwai. Who inspired me to compose some of my musics arranging the awesome Soundtrack of Megaman X2.
Miscellaneous

1. Nintendo for creating Metroid and inspiring me to make an awesome graphic style.
Programming

1. Fraot: The whole game was made by me.
  2. A random guy in the Game Maker community that relased an open source engine of Megaman X and encouraged me to do my own one.

Last edited:
Years
Well, I REALLY LIKE IT =) I love megaman games and I think this will be really good! Don´t give up, you just posted it yesterday.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Megaman is probably my favorite game series ever, more so than Pokemon. I'm really excited to see that you're making this. :D

Fraot

Years
Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you saw my thread.

To anyone who reads this, please, give me feedback. Point things you think are not right: tell me if you don't like x graphic on an x interface, too many fonts, fonts according to the general theme of the game, suggestions of anything.

Thank you!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well, due to the lack of interest. I asked a mod to delete this thread.

See you layer.

So lets get this straight, you're going to quit making your game just because not many people are interested in this game? Dude, there's developers on here who've posted threads more than once, had no interest but still continued to do their game and their thread. This type of game is just not as preferred to everyone, not to mention the fact there's not exactly that many members left in this section.

Fraot

Years
So lets get this straight, you're going to quit making your game just because not many people are interested in this game? Dude, there's developers on here who've posted threads more than once, had no interest but still continued to do their game and their thread. This type of game is just not as preferred to everyone, not to mention the fact there's not exactly that many members left in this section.

I never said quit my project. I said lock the thread. But Cilerba won't do it until it has passed a while.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Due to lack of interest

Dude, Game dev is a really under looked section of PC.
People rarely come here because it's not got many releases and Rom hacking outshines it.

But anyway, I love Megaman!! So, I WILL try this when released..

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I love megaman! You can count on me to play this game when it comes out, that is assuming that I can find it if you get a mod to delete/lock this thread. Game dev is probably the most ignored section at pc, and I'd say that four or five posts a week is really the most you can expect, esspecially for something that is a megaman game on a pokemon forum. I think it looks great, and it will be great to have a good megaman game that is not console based! Also do you realise that for each person that has posted here about a hundred have clicked this? That means that quite a few people are infact intrested in a thread about a megaman game, even if they don't post.

Fraot

Years
I love megaman! You can count on me to play this game when it comes out, that is assuming that I can find it if you get a mod to delete/lock this thread. Game dev is probably the most ignored section at pc, and I'd say that four or five posts a week is really the most you can expect, esspecially for something that is a megaman game on a pokemon forum. I think it looks great, and it will be great to have a good megaman game that is not console based! Also do you realise that for each person that has posted here about a hundred have clicked this? That means that quite a few people are infact intrested in a thread about a megaman game, even if they don't post.

Why isn't a way to like comments?! I like yours.

I did notice the views, but wonder why don't comment at all to give feedback.

I saw many non-Pokémo games here and they received good attention, so that's why I posted it here.

Anyway, any comments about the design? Something not quite right over there? Be harsh, I don't mind at all, all I want is to enhance my skills.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Why isn't a way to like comments?! I like yours.

I did notice the views, but wonder why don't comment at all to give feedback.

I saw many non-Pokémo games here and they received good attention, so that's why I posted it here.

Anyway, any comments about the design? Something not quite right over there? Be harsh, I don't mind at all, all I want is to enhance my skills.
The gameplay and graphics look fine in the videos and screens, butIi'd have to play the game to really be able to tell how tight the physics engine is. For the kind of "blocky" level thing, if it's supposed to be a computer simulation, you might want to look at how the .hack\\G.U. games did that sort of thing with their outer dungeons. I really don't have any suggestions aside from that though since everything else looks great!

Fraot

Years
Just for testing

The gameplay and graphics look fine in the videos and screens, butIi'd have to play the game to really be able to tell how tight the physics engine is. For the kind of "blocky" level thing, if it's supposed to be a computer simulation, you might want to look at how the .hack\\G.U. games did that sort of thing with their outer dungeons. I really don't have any suggestions aside from that though since everything else looks great!

Ah, yeah. The level.

Well, this level is supposed to be for testing, in story I've written, the game has no cyber-ish levels.

Yuzuki

C++ Programmer
Years
X is back :D
Gratulation looks very good, keep up the good work!

kind regards
Yuzuki

Back