• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Of Vices and Virtues[M](OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Of Vices and Virtues [M]

GMs: The warden & TornZero
Reboot of Seven Deadly Sins

For months the atmosphere in your house has been tense, to say the least, after all you have applied for one of the most prestigious schools in the UK (and the world in general). Your parents are likely acting something like this, an over excited dad, "Oh. I'm so proud of you," and a worried sick mum, "How will you cope without us?" or "What if you haven't been accepted?" Somewhere in the middle is where you are, a balance of stress and excitement as you look forward to a life without your neurotic parents.

But in the last few weeks you have begun to feel like a different person entirely. It isn't the stress of what's been happening, it's something much stranger. Firstly you seem to be having weird dreams, dreams where you are either an angel, or an evil creature, you may even shapeshift back and forth between the two. Second, you have felt your personality change, like bipolarity between destruction and the desire to do good. All of this however has gone unmentioned to your parents -- or anyone else for that matter, as you have much bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Then it arrived, the day that would change everything.

It probably started like any other day, but on that day a very important letter arrived, addressed to you. It was the day that you (or at least your parents) had waited for for so long, and if it wasn't you who had then it was definitely your parents (who were pushing you to open the letter). The letter seemed like a regular one, it was a brown envelope with a first class stamp on the front and on the back was stamped a seal, the school logo of St. Jude's. You had worked long and hard to prove that you were good enough to get into St. Jude's, weeks of revision followed by a gruelling three hour entrance exam and an interview with a member of the staff. It's common knowledge that an education at St. Jude's could be life-changing, but at the time you opened the envelope you didn't realize how much it would change yours.

Spoiler:

Accepted Characters

Rules and Guidelines

Spoiler:

The Seven Deadly Sins

Spoiler:

The Seven Heavenly Virtues

Spoiler:

Sign-Up Sheet

Sins/Virtues

Spoiler:

Sign-Up Sheet

"Normal" Students

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Sadly, no. You'll have to choose one of each.

Anyways, here's the sheet for Akira.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hmm... Sins and Virtues, eh? Sounds fun.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
I remember seeing you from the original thread, Godzil. (Your avatar's somewhat unmistakable.) Nice to see you jumping in the reboot.

That said, I like the expansion from your previous SU. Some things stayed; some things were worked on to make it much more fleshy. Overall it has my seal of approval.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
If anything needs changing, I'll do my best to adjust. Most of my abilities, the Warden approved of ahead of time, but I am aware they may need to be adjusted for fairness sake. (I don't want to be too overpowered....wait, yes I do).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
@juniebug910: Can't wait to see what you come up with. ^_^

@Raikiri: Talk about meeting the super-awesome powers expectation. Leon certainly fits the concepts of Pride and Patience alike, too, even in just the combined efforts toward his appearance.

I didn't think anyone would go so far as gravity manipulation for this, but I'm glad it was you. That said, the gravity manipulation tells me, "BOW FREAKIN' DOWN," to whatever's in the vicinity (appropriate, knowing you |D), while his foremost holy ability shows an arguably natural skill grown from years upon years of experience and observation while retaining the balance of humanity. I like it. (With the gravity manipulation, is it safe to assume that with training Leon will be able to create possibly even multiple fields separate himself? If so, even more awesome, but that's gonna take some major training. xD)

You never cease to amaze, Raikiri, so, in the words of Peanut (also known as Jeff Dunham on Crack), "It's good it's good it's goo~d!"

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I want to sign up but I'm not sure whether I should get a Sin/Virtue or a "Normal" student.

Do you guys have preferences? Or are there any differences (other than the obvious) that I should consider?

I'm thinking about making a "Normal" student, but I'm not sure if that will give me equal or less RP opportunities.

TornZero

Years
We actually had to work out a balance for the "normal" students so they could still have some practical applications, instead of being totally-neglected side characters.

That said, the "normal" students will be able to take a Sin/Virtue combination as well, which influences them to a lesser degree. Their personality is altered all the same, and they'll gain a couple superpowers, so they'll be able to participate with the Sins & Virtues even if they don't transform into anything. This can even go into a "normal" student investigating strange occurrences surrounding the school and what's happening to them, culminating into their own sub-story for something they can tell their grandkids in 50 years.

The biggest actual difference, not regarding the major, major events of the plot, is that the "normal" students will still be able to live fairly average lives, while the "Sins & Virtues" students will be much more affected by everything around and within them. Depending on how players play the students and their interactions, they'll also be able to heavily influence how the S&V characters develop; this gives the normal students arguably just as much effect on the game as the "main" characters.

Overall, you can just chalk it up to preference on how "central" to the storyline you want to be and what combination you want (though, like I said, you'll have just as many opportunities, if not more, to develop as the S&V students if you choose a Normie); if a Sin/Virtue you want was already taken for the S&V Students, it may still be available for Normal Students.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I know I can't make a reservation: I'm just mentioning I'm interested. :D It's just... 10:15 at night and I have to be up at 6 A.M.

Kikpanther

Years
Okay, I think I'll make a normie, in that case.

E: Just noticed the little scroll help stuff. X) I think I might change what I want to be then.

And spoilerfied!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
No problem I shall do that. I have a question though: is there a particular age limit? I mean is there an age someone has to be around?

TornZero

Years
Instead of putting the help/tips in parentheses (since some people tend to ignore removing them, making for annoyances trying to read that crap), you're able to mouse-over all the SU sections for everything you need, including age requirements.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Oh lol. MY FAIL. Sorry about that. XD Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I'm so welcome. :)

Kikpanther

Years
I didn't realize it either, Fuyu. X)

And I've made necessary edits to beautify that post.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Please keep an eye on this post. If this is too extreme, please tell me.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back