• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Dark Rising 2 Beta will be released Christmas Eve.

The beta's length is 5 badges, and will end after the climatic showdown at the Omega Utopia. At the conclusion of this beta, the player would have;

*Gained New Allies at the lost of a very important one.
*Battled an all-out war against Team Omega(Team Rocket, Team Magma/Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and their leaders).
*Discovered the origins of the Fairy-Type.
*Gained a new, darker, more mentally unstable enemy.
*Finally learned the location of the sealed chamber that contains the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus.

Early Screenshots will be posted December 1st.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to reach out to me for any reason and I did not respond back. I've only read very few messages and posts since I've been gone from the community. Keep in mind that although I do not participate in the thread any longer, I'm still 100% committed into finishing the Dark Rising series.

Question: Will everyone still be into Rom Hacks after the release of X & Y?

YES!YES!!YES!!! Christmas Release!(Since i live in the philippines its 12 hours ahead of U.S time)And i'm Fired Up^^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
It'd be fun but i dont think so cuz u have been chosen by arceus which is darugis' enemy so i don't see that coming

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I asked my previous question(Will anyone still be into Rom Hacking after the release of Pokemon X & Y?) because, although rom hacking has continued after 4th and 5th gen, this new 6th gen brings much more changes to the mechanics of Pokemon games than the previous. The only noteworthy change from 3rd to 4th gen was the physical/special spilt, which hackers have learned to program into hacks. Now, there's a new type added and various new changes to battling. Of course hackers will eventually learn to make those changes into their own personal rom hack, but not everyone will be able to make those big changes. We're all going to get used to how Pokemon Battles have changed after X & Y releases next Saturday, and I feel new hackers are going to want those changes programed into their hacks right away. Gen 3 mechanics just won't feel right anymore.
I think the best programmers in the rom hacking community should come together and program these new changes into clean gba roms(Since it's the most common to use) and have these roms available for everyone to download. If anyone agrees with this idea, spread the word wherever something like this should be posted.

SCREENSHOTS (Please Note, the screenshots below were taken with the intention not to show much. I'm keeping plenty of the new areas under wraps until the hack is released on Christmas Eve.)

28qulc8.jpg
263kew4.png

245j7yu.jpg
10fbz9k.png

2nvxxms.png
30u7f2h.png

28c3kb8.png
30wmr9k.png

24l7nmc.png
10qe0hy.png

314zfhw.png
2vcets2.png

105w0o2.png
2rrmatv.png

There's a possibility the beta will be released before Christmas Eve due to leaks of the 6th gen Pokemon coming very early. I've already inserted Pancham's height/weight/pokedex information. (Thanks to the lucky guy, kosthedin, who got the game tonight & has been revealing a ton of information along with pictures. If you haven't checked it out yet, here's a link to his instagram. BE WARNED AS IT CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!!! http://instagram.com/kosthedin# )

I'm positive I won't sign back on to the community until Christmas Eve when I release the beta (Or earlier, as I mentioned above). But I'll continue to work on the hack & make progression day by day. I'll make a promise to myself Not to let GTA5 consume my free time more than it has already, and devote more time to completing the hack.
Also, even though I haven't responded personally to a lot of you, I would like to say Thank You All for your support. I really appreciate it & it's what keeps me coming back to my laptop every day to complete not only this hack, but the entire series. You won't be disappointed. Til Then!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I asked my previous question(Will anyone still be into Rom Hacking after the release of Pokemon X & Y?) because, although rom hacking has continued after 4th and 5th gen, this new 6th gen brings much more changes to the mechanics of Pokemon games than the previous. The only noteworthy change from 3rd to 4th gen was the physical/special spilt, which hackers have learned to program into hacks. Now, there's a new type added and various new changes to battling. Of course hackers will eventually learn to make those changes into their own personal rom hack, but not everyone will be able to make those big changes. We're all going to get used to how Pokemon Battles have changed after X & Y releases next Saturday, and I feel new hackers are going to want those changes programed into their hacks right away. Gen 3 mechanics just won't feel right anymore.
I think the best programmers in the rom hacking community should come together and program these new changes into clean gba roms(Since it's the most common to use) and have these roms available for everyone to download. If anyone agrees with this idea, spread the word wherever something like this should be posted.
Fairy type has been successfully put into some hacks, P/S split is also pretty much done...
There were also tries of implementing follow Pokemon routine and wild double battles.
Group battles will surely be impossible considering how wild double battle routine is not completed yet and I don't think X&Y will bring anything so drastically new that everyone will want it implemented.

Years
Getting more and more excited for this hack! Can't wait!! Rom hacks are better than the original IMO, and I think people will continue playing it..

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I know this is just little ole me, with too few posts, but I wanted to say this.

Rom hacking will never be gone forever. Yeah we are all hyped for X&Y(Quite a few almost as hyped up as my friend who will be waiting outside the game store for it.), but remember. Some of us don't own 3ds (I feel like crying now. I never got to play Black and White.) and will be patiently waiting for your hack, which we have fallen in love with. (I truly is a great hack.)

Now for a question. In those screenshots I noticed something peculiar. Does my little eye spy some integration between gba buildings and ds buildings? That house in the last looks like it is from Platinum(I shall not name the other two. My one true 4th gen love is Platinum.) but if I am not mistaken you have the building that team rocket crashed through as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Is Team Omega the thing that super-overpowered-too-early-in-the-game Giovanni talking about in the hidden bunker? If so, that'll be pretty cool :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
34pko60.png

sb6nft.png

95q4ch.png

Hey Everyone. I'm back for a moment to showcase a few of the new 6th Gen Pokemon that will be available in the hack. I'm pretty sure at least 90% of the new 6th gen Pokemon from X & Y have been revealed already so I'm set to choose which of them I'll be adding to the hack (No fairies). The 3 above (And their evolutions/pre evolutions obviously) will be the only ones I'll reveal on the thread. The rest you'll have to find for yourself when you play.
Also, No Mega-Evolutions will be in the hack except the Mega Evolutions of your starter Dragon. Only Mega Garchomp has been revealed thus far. If Mega Dragonite or Mega Salamence are revealed, they'll be included. However, if it turns out Dragonite or Salamence do not have a mega, I won't include any of the 3 megas because that would be unfair.
As for progress, I'm currently working on the place where the final battle of the beta will happen (It's a lot of work). After that, all that's needed are the official stats and movepool of the new 6th gen Pokemon I've added and we're set for a release after I personally playthrough the beta.

Things You Need To Know:
When you're playing this hack, I strongly encourage you to explore everything. I'm trying to create a deep world around the Dark Rising series. Talk to any Npc that you may see in towns, houses, and on routes because some of them may tell you information that connects to the main plot and possibly give you hints and clues on events that will come in the future. There's much more going on in this hack than the main characters & their struggle against Darugis. But it's up to the person playing to seek out the other events taking place in this world.

Fishing in this hack is very important early on. You get your rod near the beginning of the hack, however it's not instantly giving to you unless you find the person that will give you the rod. This goes hand-and-hand with what I mentioned above. Talk To Everybody! Fishing is important because around the first half of the hack, Water-Pokemon are rare and will not be obtainable unless you fish in various ponds that are set around routes and a cave.

I know this is just little ole me, with too few posts, but I wanted to say this.

Rom hacking will never be gone forever. Yeah we are all hyped for X&Y(Quite a few almost as hyped up as my friend who will be waiting outside the game store for it.), but remember. Some of us don't own 3ds (I feel like crying now. I never got to play Black and White.) and will be patiently waiting for your hack, which we have fallen in love with. (I truly is a great hack.)

Now for a question. In those screenshots I noticed something peculiar. Does my little eye spy some integration between gba buildings and ds buildings? That house in the last looks like it is from Platinum(I shall not name the other two. My one true 4th gen love is Platinum.) but if I am not mistaken you have the building that team rocket crashed through as well.
Yep, it is.

Is Team Omega the thing that super-overpowered-too-early-in-the-game Giovanni talking about in the hidden bunker? If so, that'll be pretty cool :P
Yes, it sure is.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I hope it has a new region unlike DR1 (which was basically Kanto) but so far looking good.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
i've been waiting for this. Is it available to download? Is it already complete version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back