• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Pokemon Music

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm sure most of you can think of a bunch of themes from the different Pokemon games that were really awesome and catchy, but I was wondering if any you found any music to be kind of sad.

When I was a kid I used to sit with my Gameboy Colour to my ear every time I was in National Park in Pokemon Gold. I was like 11 at the time and I would cry sometimes without even knowing why. I think this song (and the remake) is beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM

Can't seem to embed the video for whatever reason. If you could share the exact track(s) that would be great.

Ugh my chest is heavy now :(

Last edited:

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I think that, while just hearing a song may not bring tears to your eyes, they definitely make sad moments seem sadder. Emotional moments would be a lot less emotional if the Benny Hill song was playing in the background. But yeah, the songs in sad moments of the mystery dungeon games may have made me feel sadder.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I cryed so hard at temporal tower in mystery dungeon. When grovyle left and when the "you" left i couldn't hold back tears. I don't know if i would have cryed if the music wasn't there, but it definitely helped.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

doesn't have to be one from the games, right? then i call for Pikachu's goodbye :'(

edit: k, wasn't reading lol. hmmm...then that one mentioned from MD is the one i could think of as well...

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
:..( i remember that watching that episode. my sister has the episode on a VHS tape. i think i'l go watch it now and see if i cry.

i'm referring to the butterfree episode btw

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Probably on Pokemon Mystery dungeon explorer of Sky.
When you, the main hero says farewell to your partner and it's the ending actually.
The title is "I don't want to say goodbye" Yep, couldn't hold back a single tear to fall.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Behold the saddest music ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMApAZsbZwY
If you didn't cry at this part of the game, you have no soul.
(And if you didn't even PLAY this game, you had no childhood/teenhood/whatever you were when it came out.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxPOSrrWjJY
This didn't make me sad but it's still sad music. Sounds beautiful though.

ahh hearing that brings back some memories. i can't believe that game was released 5 years ago already

here is one from red rescue. its when your mission is complete and you have to go :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zOeL0ldBY
red rescue was my first Pokemon game. actually its the whole reason i got into Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Pokemon mystery dungeon's music towards the ends usually make me sad. Its the scene and the music combined, but the music is most of it.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Wow, now I really need to play Mystery Dungeon. I've usually completely ignored all of the Pokemon spin-offs up until now, they seemed gimmicky to me and didn't get such hot reviews.

Def. gonna check it out.

I know this one might not strike you as sad, but it gets to me too. The music playing with the ashes falling to the ground...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfARFF9S5Jg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I find Verdanturf Town's theme from R/S/E to be quite saddening. Every time I listen to it, I always get reminded of some of the worst moments of my life. One of them would have to be when our dog (who, unfortunately, is no longer with us) got accidentally struck by a car, and couldn't make any movements at all for two to three days. Thankfully, though, he eventually got better—we didn't need to take him to the pet doctor or anything. (: This song reminds me of a few sad moments from couple of my favorite childhood movies as well, such as when Beast passes out in Beauty & The Beast, Alice gets herself lost in Alice in Wonderland, and Simba falls off a huge cliff in The Lion King. Aside from Verdanturf, Lavender Town's music is pretty depressing, too, and also the theme of N's room from Pokémon Black and White. d:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
One of them would have to be when our dog (who, unfortunately, is no longer with us) got accidentally struck by a car, and couldn't make any movements at all for two to three days. Thankfully, though, he eventually got better—we didn't need to take him to the pet doctor or anything. (:

Liked it just for the happy ending haha.

N's room was straight out of a depressing revelation in a horror movie. You really feel for him at that moment...

Back