• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
This looks very original. I'm really looking forward for the next beta!

Honestly, I think that this is very well thought out and it's really a fun game to play. I wanna see what happens next! ^^

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I wasn't originally going to add new battle backgrounds but I thought it would be a nice touch. So after a couple of hours of trial and error I managed to insert new BGs.

grassbattle.png

Very tedious but worth it I guess. Look forward to these in Beta 2. :)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You never cease to amaze me, Frostbite. I think I admire you most for your well-roundedness; you excel in all major areas of hacking. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing Beta 1 and how much I'm looking forward to the release of the second beta. You should know that this hack provides a lot of inspiration for me. Keep up the excellent work!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I wasn't originally going to add new battle backgrounds but I thought it would be a nice touch. So after a couple of hours of trial and error I managed to insert new BGs.

grassbattle.png

Very tedious but worth it I guess. Look forward to these in Beta 2. :)
Very nice! Yes, it does add a nice touch. I love how you're mixing D/P/Pt stuff with the game, it makes every smoother. Good luck, Frostbite! :)

No, I don't think it's tedious. It's just plain awesome!
I think he means it was tedious work to insert it, not the outcome. :P

I really enjoy the fact that the hack creator calls fire rex an engine :P
Well, it is the engine. :P

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
New update: Here are some screens of some events in Beta 2, enjoy.

Spoiler:

Also I got bored again and touched up the Leader's portraits a little :X
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Nice new updates Frostbite, one problem. In the first screen, you've misspelled 'tough' as 'though'. Good luck on beta 2! :D

EDIT: Lol you fixed it now. (:

Last edited:

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
unfortunatley i didnt read th "readme" file but i found a movement permssion error.
ifyou carry straight on out of greenwood town and get to the first ledge, you can ust walk straight over one tile of the ledge...from the wrong side...
just incase you didn't know.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
New update: Here are some screens of a completely redesigned of Dordoran City (city w/ 3rd gym) complete with new tileset and all.
I really wasn't too happy with the original layout since it wasn't too much like a city but now I am. Enjoy.

Spoiler:

Back