• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Top Secret[The Return]

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I just have a few things to suggest on this hack

1. Graphics

This is my MAIN issue with the hack. I personally as a spriter think these sprites were executed very poorly. The outlines are not very smooth. The shading is very strange, the trainers need a lot more work O__O
What especialy bothers me though is the backsprite. The colors you used are just hideous. It doesnt blend at all ._.'
It also looks like some of the outline is taken out. I either recommend hiring a better spriter or reading some of chesu's spriting tutorials yourself.
Now the tiles, all I have problems with is the tree's. They look really... well flat. I recommend replacing them with fr tiles with a hint of the ruby minitree's. You can keep the pallete's though they look nice~

2. Mapping

Now it seems as if your doing natural mapping as what I can tell from the screenshots. I don't recommend this, natural mapping isn't good for games you want to have a nice game freak style but still add some beauty to the map. Goon is great at doing this, I recommend checking out some of his maps or hiring him to help with this hack.

3. Other

Well the hero I recommend redesigning him he doesnt seem to much in the pokemon game style. And on the titlescreen there is a... DIGIMON? This is a pokemon hack so I wouldnt put a digimon on the front cover, You also need to work on the text.

That would be a few nice features to include in your upcoming beta's.
The story seems fine nothing wrong with it. I hope you make these improvments.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I just have a few things to suggest on this hack

1. Graphics

This is my MAIN issue with the hack. I personally as a spriter think these sprites were executed very poorly. The outlines are not very smooth. The shading is very strange, the trainers need a lot more work O__O
What especialy bothers me though is the backsprite. The colors you used are just hideous. It doesnt blend at all ._.'
It also looks like some of the outline is taken out. I either recommend hiring a better spriter or reading some of chesu's spriting tutorials yourself.
Now the tiles, all I have problems with is the tree's. They look really... well flat. I recommend replacing them with fr tiles with a hint of the ruby minitree's. You can keep the pallete's though they look nice~

2. Mapping

Now it seems as if your doing natural mapping as what I can tell from the screenshots. I don't recommend this, natural mapping isn't good for games you want to have a nice game freak style but still add some beauty to the map. Goon is great at doing this, I recommend checking out some of his maps or hiring him to help with this hack.

3. Other

Well the hero I recommend redesigning him he doesnt seem to much in the pokemon game style. And on the titlescreen there is a... DIGIMON? This is a pokemon hack so I wouldnt put a digimon on the front cover, You also need to work on the text.

That would be a few nice features to include in your upcoming beta's.
The story seems fine nothing wrong with it. I hope you make these improvments.
HAHAHAHAHAHA PALETTES ARE MINE SILLY WALRUS.
also the titlescreen poke is a custam. Zeikku maded it.

k Adam, looks sexy. Good to see you are still working on it, however slow it may be. xD
Major luck on this shizzzz

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
You can say that you need Gamefreak style maps, but that doesn't prove anything until you've actually played through the maps I have. Sure, some of them may need a little more space. That can be done with some simple adjustments. Now, if I wanted to be conventional, I would redesign the hero... but this isn't being made by Gamefreak. A hack is about creativity and after all the time I've waited for that titlescreen sprite and the work Zeikku put into it, I don't care that it's like a gosh darn Digimon.

Fix.
Titletextwin.png

Last edited:

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
Major Glitches

I get 200 Rare Candies from this weird guy in my room and a Bicycle too.
I keep acquiring Level 98 Larvitars randomly out of thin air.
One of the starters is a Tentacool on it's info page.
And the text overlapped a lot when i was talking to the Professor.

Really fun otherwise! :D

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
I liked top secret for the first couple of minutes of play, but the palettes turned me off to a point where I wont touch it. please change your palettes mediggo!

Megiddo-san

Years
I get 200 Rare Candies from this weird guy in my room and a Bicycle too.
I keep acquiring Level 98 Larvitars randomly out of thin air.
One of the starters is a Tentacool on it's info page.
And the text overlapped a lot when i was talking to the Professor.
Really fun otherwise! :D
I knew of that already. If you're playing bet
a 1.5, that should not be there. And Aljam, are you playing the latest beta? People have told me that the newest palettes, which I didn't make, are great. I don't see how the new palettes are ugly.

KopaKura

Soul searcher
Years
I'm sorry, but the title screen's blatant rip-off of Driger is very off-putting for this hack. It's not original at all.

Proof:
Spoiler:

I'm sure the hack is good, but I just can't get past that title screen, it takes the originality out of the hack. I'm sorry.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I'm sorry, but the title screen's blatant rip-off of Driger is very off-putting for this hack. It's not original at all.

Proof:
Spoiler:

I'm sure the hack is good, but I just can't get past that title screen, it takes the originality out of the hack. I'm sorry.
Calm your ass down. His spriter made it alright? Also, it looks good, who cares if it's a rip-off? It's all good man, just try the hack. Some people have a slightly changed titlescreen, why don't you go tell them off(myself incuded)?

Megiddo-san

Years
You don't read much, do you? I've already stated it wasn't my intent to make a "Driger". I was aiming for a legendary tiger pokemon of its own, bearing its own qualities. Let it be known that this great beast hath been named Atramagtia. I'll see if I can get my spriter to make a new one.

EXCUSE ME FOR NOT WATCHING BEYBLADE YOU TEMPERAMENTAL PEOPLE.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
It's not the fact that you meant or meant not to use Driger.
I hate Beyblade myself, but the sprite itself is EXACTLY a pixelated clone of the Pixel Art of Driger, bar the colouring scheme.

Either way, the hack seems good in its own right.
And the plot seems very interesting. Keep it up. =D

Puppier

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Beta testing

I heard you need Beta Testers...
I would be happy to help out.
I can also do basic mapping (you know the sprites) so if you need any maps

Back