• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: Rumble Dungeon!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024

To tell the truth, it's more like "run from the bad guys" right now >__>
Currently: In Toddler Form V2
More Dungeon Nonsense:

DOWNLOAD -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2k43oyxw7bqd82/RumbleDungeonv0.09.3.exe
PRESS BACKSPACE AFTER YOU SELECT YOU CHARACTER(S)!!!!!!!

So, after jumping into the 2013 Get-Together and competing in a "Design-a-Game" competition, I felt like the idea I had was pretty plausible, and feels downright easy for me to do myself. And after some quick looking at GameMaker: Studio, I've decided to finally put my idea to the test.

Will Feature:

• Mystery Dungeon-esque dungeons, completely generated on-the-fly!(done)
  • All Pokemon have different stats and attacks(stats done, needs more moves)
  • 4 player co-op, with a future minigame involving fighting each other(done)
Currently Features:

• Randomized dungeons!
  • 4-Player Co-op!
  • ALL POKEMON NOW HAVE STATS!
  • Moves galore! 21 Moves are now in the game, ready to beat down the enemies!
Planning to have:

• Story, right now I have a few ideas
So welcome to the World of Pokemon!
In this little game, you don't have to take a random test to be a random Pokemon! Just pop in the national dex of the one you want to be, and viola, you will get moves and stats that will pertain to your little guy.

So far, all I managed to get in was a sort of survival game, where you have to climb floors and just overall try to survive as far as you can! This is recomended to be played with at least 3 people, due to the fact you can support each other with buffs and watch each other's backs. I will eventually add scaling for the amount of people though.

Also, before you wonder why you may not be able to attack at random floors, is because all the Pokemon run off a type of randomized move list. This is how it goes down:

1. Your first type will determine your Primary Attack. The first attack WILL ALWAYS be either a physical move, or a ranged move. This bit is randomly chosen at the beginning of every floor.
  2. Your second type determines your Secondary Attack. This attack will either be a ranged move, if your first move wasn't a ranged move, or a support move. If your Pokemon doesn't have a 2nd type, then your Secondary Attack will be the type of your first type.
  3. If for some reason you can't attack at all, that's because I haven't done either the Physical, Ranged, or the Support move of the type yet. When this is done, ALL Pokemon will ALWAYS have 2 moves to use!
  4. Let's put this in an example. "Butterfree" is a Bug/Flying type. So, his first attack will either be a Physical Bug Move(X-Scissor), or a Ranged Bug Move(Attack Order). Then, his second attack will either be a Ranged Bug Move if his first attack WASN'T it already, otherwise, it will be a Supportive Bug Move(String Shot).
Current Move List:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Instructions to play:
Spoiler:

Controls:
Spoiler:

Current Bugs:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Updated the game, finally...

EVERY POKEMON NOW HAS STATS
21 Moves made! That means that every Pokemon has a viable attack or buff they can perform!

Also, right now the highest floor I went to was around 30, with a 4 person party. The best Pokemon to be are Primary Dark Types or Primary Bug, then have your friends be Secondary Flying, since they can cast Tail Wind to speed up your party.
See if you can beat my record :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Why has no one commented on this yet? This looks like a cool idea but is there any plot or anything?

So far, the only thing I have up is a little demo to test out a randomized-floor dungeon. The point of the demo is to basically reach the highest number of floors you can, but overall is just to show how the game will end up being played.
As with the story, so far I have a little idea as to what it can be:

The theme of "teams" will continue on as with previous Mystery Dungeon games. This is as follows:

Rescue Teams -> Explorers -> Authority Force

Rescue Teams have always been about rescuing people, while Explorers was always about just exploring the vast land. Now, the next team I have decided to make was the Authority Force, which watch over the citizens and arrest the criminals. Kind of like police.

Story-wise, the first town will start in a place called Celeste Pier, which is a merchanting hub famous for its vastness. It will be based in Italy.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I finally added in enough moves to compensate every type.
Every Pokemon should now be able to attack/buff when in dungeons. However, it may go on and off, so just go to a new floor and see if you can at least attack or something!

There is now an indicator on the top screen that indicates what buffs you and your team currently has. Red means Attack, Blue means Defense, and Yellow means Speed.

You can now zoom in and out by pressing the 0 or 9 key, just in case the following dungeon has trees blocking the hallways.

Emerald Forest is now the best dungeon I created. It has trees and flowers and everything! To get there, go talk to Breloom, who should be West of the starting location.

At Floor 50, A large Pokemon will appear and act as a Boss! It has 10X the regular HP, 1/2 of its attack, and 1 Speed lower than the Pokemon it was! You can't advance to floor 51 until this monstrosity is defeated! Also, this guy WILL destroy the walls just to get to you, so spam as far away as you can!
(I've never gotten this high, but through testing I can say this part was pretty grueling)

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
This sounds like an amazing idea! I'll test this when its updated a little more (which is just an excuse for my laziness). But I have been looking for a 4-player co-op game that is Pokemon themed for ages now. Is it wireless co-op or local co-op? Wireless co-op would be amazing, but if not, I understand.

Back