• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon with fire on its body would you most want to ride for transportation?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
basing off of an episode of the first Pokémon series where it was said you can ride a Pokémon with fire on its body without being burnt if your friendship with the Pokémon is high enough (they were riding a Ponyta).
with that being said, what Pokémon with fire on its body would you most want to ride for transportation (giving you had a high enough friendship with the Pokémon)

mine is quite obvious, Moltres!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would never, ever ride Moltres. It has too much fire surrounding its body, so if it didn't consider me as a good friend, then my clothes would be turned to ashes as soon as I even got near it. I would ride a Charizard, most likely. It's got flames only on its tail, so the chances of me getting into contact with them and burning myself are pretty low. Plus, it's one of my most favorite Pokémon from the Kanto region!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I almost picked Entei, but realized it doesn't actually have any flames. Hmm probably Chandelure. I'm sure I could levitate with it somehow.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Probably Charizard, it has the least amount of fire, which is good if we get into an argument mid-flight. It could also fly over any obstacle in its path and overall it's a pretty cool pokemon.

Years
I think I'd really enjoy riding a Rapidash, because we could just plow through everything in our way, and also it'd be really nice to know that we had a good, strong Pokemon/Trainer bond. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Yeah, Rapidash. It's beautiful and it's a horse and I think I remember how to ride a horse still. Been quite a few years since I tried it though :x Anyways, it's said to be very fast and in a manga it was a pretty cool battler. So I'd want to have a Rapidash to ride.

If I ever had to choose a pokémon with flames on its body ride, which wouldn't exactly be my first choice if it wasn't for the factor that Rapidash happens to be a horse ^^

Years
I think I'd like to fly on a Charizard if I had the opportunity, since I wouldn't have to worry quite as much about it's flame compared to something like Moltres or Rapidash (even if the flames wouldn't burn me, I'd still rather not take the chance). Plus, flying beats running on the ground anyway!

Years
Depending on how I am feeling and where I'm going... Magcargo, because I prefer to take it slow if I'm in no rush. Also, Magcargo is one of my favortie Pokemon! Now, If I were in a more rushed, daring mood I would pick Rapidash. This Pokemon would be rapidly dashing. ;3 Also, anyone who gets in my way would be burned to a crisp! Muahaahahaha!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Lampent / Chandelure. Not only is the fire conveniently stashed in a non-contact area, it can even absorb fire should it ever come to face us.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I've wanted to ride on a Rapidash ever since I raised one in Diamond version.

I have this vague memory, as a child, that I had a rocking horse which I pretended was a Ponyta, because of that episode...

Back