• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I still would have liked to see Hugh. Like we've been saying Episode N was terribly paced and too short and Plasma didn't get enough focus... why couldn't we have had Plasma Arc? Get Hugh in there with his general plot and have N there as well and you know. Could've been great.

Years
I still would have liked to see Hugh. Like we've been saying Episode N was terribly paced and too short and Plasma didn't get enough focus... why couldn't we have had Plasma Arc? Get Hugh in there with his general plot and have N there as well and you know. Could've been great.

Yeah I would have love to seen Hugh, imagine how awesome he would have been! I have still yet to watch the Episode N arc but yeah I felt disappointed at how short it was and that Team Plasma rarely got any focus. I felt like they were dedicating too much time to N during that arc imo.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, they did title it Episode N for a reason. And they did a fairly good job with him, I thought. But they could have done so much better. I feel like the writers need to be reminded that children's show does not mean lack of depth is okay.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It was because the destruction caused by the earthquakes in Japan was still to fresh in everyone's minds. I think they repurposed some of the plotlines and scenes into the upcoming Genesect/Mewtwo movie though. The only thing I was sad about not seeing was the costume ball thing that was going on in the first part of that arc. ;;

Years
It was because the destruction caused by the earthquakes in Japan was still to fresh in everyone's minds. I think they repurposed some of the plotlines and scenes into the upcoming Genesect/Mewtwo movie though. The only thing I was sad about not seeing was the costume ball thing that was going on in the first part of that arc. ;;
You mean those Plasma grunts wearing it??? Yes because the anime never showed old plasma grunts and their episode. The current Plasma team we saw in N's arc must be from the B2W2 games.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
No I mean the kids were supposed to be at a masquerade when Plasma attacks and I really would have loved to see more of the costumes than the glimpse we saw in the previews. I kind of wonder as well where they would have gone with Plasma had those episodes been aired- how would N's story be affected? What would they choose to feature?

Years
No I mean the kids were supposed to be at a masquerade when Plasma attacks and I really would have loved to see more of the costumes than the glimpse we saw in the previews. I kind of wonder as well where they would have gone with Plasma had those episodes been aired- how would N's story be affected? What would they choose to feature?
Probably because if the anime featured the story behind B2W2 and showed it then we could have more interesting N's saga. One team supporting N while other side supporting Ghetsis

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That could have been interesting. But more what I'm thinking is like... would they even have done a specific N arc? Or would it have just tied into the journey story?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Mhm. As we've said many times before.

So Professor Oak showed up in the latest episode! And then went home immediately afterward. I still would have been interested in seeing him travel with the kids for an episode or two just for the hell of it. It's always fun to add a fourth party member for a while.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Not in the style of the anime? Who cares? Take a chance, yo. Having a new companion for a new region wasn't the style until Hoenn and now it's expected. Contests being a major part of the anime wasn't the norm. Why not change up the format a bit? Play with the characters you have.

Years
Not in the style of the anime? Who cares? Take a chance, yo. Having a new companion for a new region wasn't the style until Hoenn and now it's expected. Contests being a major part of the anime wasn't the norm. Why not change up the format a bit? Play with the characters you have.
That is our hope for Kalos. Way different anime style so that grown ups like us enjoy it also. I hope that they hear us....

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not calling for a major revamp, I'm just hoping they expand upon what they have been doing. It could be so much better just using the format that they are; I don't understand why they don't. It's not even about appealing to the adults that grew up with the show; it's about making a good show even for their target demographic. It's all been dumbed down, and Pokémon wasn't super complicated to begin with.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh that would be fun! I doubt she'll return for that one, though. I mean, it'd more likely be Max considering his role with Jirachi in the movie. BUT I don't see that happening either since they're pretty much making the movies non-canon and irrelevant. :( I'd like to have both May and Max back for a bit though. Just for a visit!

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
ok so without spoiling anything for me, are the main characters for the x/y anime already confirmed? because if not id like to speculate. obviously ash and pikachu will be there but i mean the other two. if they are confirmed, just say that they are, not their names or anything.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
No, nothing about XY is confirmed besides that it'll start airing in October. Go ahead and speculate! Should probably do that in the XY thread though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Oh that would be fun! I doubt she'll return for that one, though. I mean, it'd more likely be Max considering his role with Jirachi in the movie. BUT I don't see that happening either since they're pretty much making the movies non-canon and irrelevant. :( I'd like to have both May and Max back for a bit though. Just for a visit!

In the shipping thread didn't you say you stopped watching when Advance was airing? How did you know anything about May then? Or did you watch the seasons later?

Back