• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] PokéLINK [IC]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
[CSS-DIV="width: 800px; background-color: #cae2e1; padding: 20px;border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; color: #000000;"]INTRO: Imprisoned.

→ OOC Thread

→ Most Recent Event

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: solid; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]PLAYERS:

Your name will appear green after completing the main task. This ensures you will receive a reward in the next IC post.
[/div]

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: dashed; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]

Lights flicker on above your head.

A foreign, yet familiar room.

The walls, the floor, the ceiling are all concrete. Where is the door? There isn't one.

Sparse decorations around the room, you recognise them as your things.

One item sticks out. A large TV embedded into the wall, no buttons, no remote - just a screen.

It flickers on by itself. An animated girl on the display.

- - - - -​

"Yippee, you're awake!" The young girl shouts, her short pink hair bobbing as she jumps up and down with excitement, "I have been waiting so long, sleepyhead." Animation has come a long way, she looks almost human - if it wasn't for the impeccably smooth skin and constantly sparkling eyes.

"I heard that you're the best," she says between fits of giggles, "so I wanted to treat you!" Her voice is high pitched, chirpy, bordering on annoying. Behind her a swirling blue pattern adds to the mystery, you have no idea why you are here or who this girl is.

She sticks her tongue out, "You can call me Oakley! We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?" The girl is flawlessly animated, even her toothy grin is impressively detailed.

"You're intrigued, right?" She teases, not addressing the kidnap, or any reason for your being here, "You see that headset?" Her finger points down; below the television screen is a strange, helmet like headset.

"Go on, put it on."

You put on the headset, there's no clear on off button, words flash across the visor. "Play?" It asks you. A voice command is all that is needed to accept - with that, your physical body collapses.​

SEQUENCE LOADING: K A N T O LOADED
SETTING SPAWN POINT: P A L L E T SET
ALLOCATING COLOURS; RESETTING FLAGS; RESETTING VARIABLES COMPLETE
FINISHING TOUCHES: |||||||||| 99%

COMPLETE. LOAD WORLD.

You awake in the new world, not dissimilar in appearance to your own, on soft, green grass. Your clothes may be slightly changed, all you have with you is an empty bag and an odd, wrist watch which doesn't appear to be working.​
[/CSS-DIV]

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: solid; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]
LOGBOOK:
  • MAIN OBJECTIVE: Roleplay your day leading up to being coersed, abducted or otherwise taken by MEGAFaker. ||||||||
  • OPTIONAL OBJECTIVE: Explore Pallet town as your virtual self. All doors locked, you can imagine up some NPCs though - remember, they rarely make sense and have a habit of repeating themselves. An invisible wall stops you exiting the town before getting a pokémon.||||||||

300px-Pallet_Town_HGSS.png
[/div][/CSS-DIV]​

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Richie Copeland // On Campus

"You just gotta keep your hands tucked, and then when the ball is right there throw your hands at it." Richie slowly swung his arms in the motion of a baseball swing. He glanced over at the beautiful blonde girl sitting opposite of him. "Starting to get a hang of it?" Taking a sip of her caramel frappachino, she gave him a slight nod. "Yeah, it makes much more sense when you explain it. I won't be a Babe Ruth, but this is probably enough to get me through for now." She gave him a look full of gratitude and a pearly white smile. "Thanks so much for dealing with me. I could never really do much other than pitch." He returned it with a soft smile of his own before gathering his things and excusing himself up from the table. "It's been fun, but I gotta get going." A brief look of disappointment showed in her face, but she got up herself. "Okay! I got practice later today so you should come by and see if my swing has improved at all. See you later!" He waved and then the two went their separate ways

It wasn't unusual for him to be called out to the local Starbucks to give advice. Topics ranged from boy trouble all the way to athletics. It happened on a day to day basis, but Richie didn't really mind. He enjoyed assisting his friends and sometimes strangers, on anything they needed. The girl that had asked for his guidance today, was a freshman on the softball team. Maria Marsh, a highly recruited pitcher out of high school, and quite attractive to boot. The one problem with her game though was her complete ineptitude for hitting. So it was only natural that she call upon the university's best hitter, who just so happened to be the local help guru.

As he walked back to his dorm, Richie looked through a little notebook, in it contained his schedule, and it seemed that for the next four days he was going to be completely booked with class, workouts, and even more coffee sessions. He let out a deep sigh before cutting himself off, a happy expression spread across his face when he saw that the rest of his afternoon was free. She was a pleasant girl... and she was pretty cute. I guess I could use some time to go to the softball practice. He took out a pen and jotted down Maria's name next to a P. Now then... Valenwood awaits. He gave an amused look before picking up his pace.

Unbeknownst to him, an individual that had been sitting a couple tables down from him and Maria had gotten up at the same time they had. This same man was now about twenty yards behind him, following and watching every step he took. Richie hadn't noticed him until it was too late. A cloth came from around his head and was mashed up against his nose and mouth. "Mmmmph!" A muffled yell managed to escape the stranger's grasp. Even as strong as he was, he couldn't escape the grip of whoever was behind him. The sweet smell of the chloroform stained cloth overpowered him in the matter of seconds, and then he was out cold.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lights flickered on above his head. It almost came as a surprise, Richie had accepted the fate of dying alone in the dark hours ago. As his eyes adjusted from what seemed like an eternal darkness he looked around at his surroundings. A foreign, yet familiar room. The walls, the floor, the ceiling were all concrete. One thought raced across his mind. Where is the door?! There wasn't one. There were sparse decorations around the room, he recognized them as his things. One item sticks out. A large TV embedded into the wall, no buttons, no remote - just a screen. It flickered on by itself. An animated girl on the display.

"Yippee, you're awake!" The young girl shouted, her short pink hair bobbing as she jumped up and down with excitement, "I have been waiting so long, sleepyhead." Animation has come a long way, she looked almost human - if it wasn't for the impeccably smooth skin and constantly sparkling eyes. "I heard that you're the best," she said between fits of giggles, "so I wanted to treat you!" Her voice was high pitched, chirpy, bordering on annoying. Behind her a swirling blue pattern adds to the mystery, he had no idea why he was there or who that girl was. She stuck her tongue out, "You can call me Oakley! We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?" The girl was flawlessly animated, even her toothy grin is impressively detailed. "You're intrigued, right?" She teases, not addressing the kidnap, or any reason for your being here, "You see that headset?" Her finger pointed down; below the television screen was a strange, helmet like headset. "Go on, put it on."

Richie hesitated for a moment. He was the type of person to stay calm and composed no matter the situation, but this was quite the extraordinary one. Breathing deeply to himself he stood up and walked over the the helmet. This might just be my only way out of here. A grim look was on his face as even more feelings of apprehension shook him. Exhaling once more he put on the headset, there was no clear on or off button, words flashed across the visor. "Play?" It asked him. "Play" with that single word, his physical body collapsed.

SEQUENCE LOADING: K A N T O LOADED
SETTING SPAWN POINT: P A L L E T SET
ALLOCATING COLOURS; RESETTING FLAGS; RESETTING VARIABLES COMPLETE

COMPLETE. LOAD WORLD.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Saya Kobayashi // ???

The skies were a dark, crimson color, surrounded by black, deep clouds. From a distance, one could hear the squawks of crows, flying in formation towards the horizion. A definite sign of death... The Miko-ribbon young adult, Saya thought to herself, as she walked along the streets of the empty town. She wasn't sure where she was going, nor does she knew where she was - she just kept walking forward. She turned away for a brief second as she walked, until she bumped into something soft. She had a close look at it, and saw it was some kind of octopus-like green creature that only had one eye, dead center of it's whole body. It was literally the stuff from nightmares, but Saya recognized it.

"...Shuma-Gorath?"

"Zauwarfhphaqoooah!" the figure shrieked. Perhaps it wanted to communicate?

"My hands?" Saya replied, checking each of her palms. It was obvious that she can understand it, somehow. "But.. they're clean. Are you saying that I didn't wash my hands before breakfast? But I'm very hygienic!"

"Zommeuwiahpgawaga!"

"You're saying that I don't respect the most important meal of the day? Preposterous!" cried Saya, as the monster leered her down.

"Queeeborgh!!"

"You.. who do you think you are?!" demanded Saya. "Answer me!"

"Twahgaiy!!"

"No... That can't be... that's impossible!" muttered Saya, brought down to her knees. "You're supposed to be.. no... no... no..." it was then she heard a faint cry, as she felt her whole body was experiencing an earthquake.

"...make... up..."

"Come on Saya, wake up! How long do you intend to droll all over that desk?" it was one of her classmates, shouting to her as she roughly shook the sleeping girl from her slumber. Saya then finally rose her head as she tried to adjust her eyes to the penetrating lights. She let loose a yawn, and she experienced faint recollections of her dream. "Well finally! Do you know that we had tried to wake you up NINE TIMES today? Are you trying to set a new record?!"

"Sonia? Oh, I'm sorry, I was having a dream... is it time for class yet?" Saya muttered.

"Saya, it's 1:30!" replied Sonia, before she waltzed out of the class room. "It's after class! We have to get going now!"

Oh gods, not again, Saya thought after a moan. She stood up from the chair of her school desk, and checked her bag. Yup, everything was still there. After that, she flung her bad over her shoulder, and ran out the door, catching up with her friend soon after.

"Bloody hell Saya, you snore like a motor boat having a baby," huffed Sonia.

"Sorry, Sorry," Saya once again apologized. "But I keep having the same dream over and over again - there were these buildings, and these crows, and Shuma-Gorath at the end telling me that I don't wash my hands and I hate breakfast, and he keeps telling me that he's my - Ow!" she cried, after the sudden slap from Sonia's purse.

"Hopefully that will loosen your head," said Sonia. Not that she had much in there to begin with...

"I... appreciate it," said Saya, rubbing the backside of her hand to soothe the throbbing pain. "It's kind of a pain to deal with, though. By the way, are you free for League of Legends later?"

"Oh sure!" Sonia replied with an uncharacteristic smile of hers. "Except for one little thing."

"And that is?"

"Oh nothing much... Just that 5 page essay that was first announced 2 weeks ago, and our mid-term exam that is worth 30% of our grade that's coming tomorrow."

"WHAT?!"

Sonia chuckled. "Oh that's right, you didn't get the memo due to sleep habits!" said Sonia. "Enjoy!" Saya can only reply with a groan.

Outside, Saya and Sonia waved to each other their goodbyes for the day, as Sonia walked off her own path back home. Saya became distraught.

Five page essay AND an exam, she recalled. Great. I miss full days of school, had no sleep, no time for League of Legends, the yokai aren't coming until tomorrow... she slapped her hand against the nearby wall in frustration, and held her hand as it throbbed. And nooow my hand feels broken. Great. Shuma-Gorath? You will pay for this.

Spiteful vengeance aside, Saya is generally a responsible person. She loves to play computer games occasionally, which probably has to do with her recent sleeping troubles, but, even if that was the case, it was well worth the price to pay for her. She loved playing games almost as much as she loved spiritualism. She was walking back home as she could see that there was no one in sight. Odd, she thought, perhaps telemarketer season has arisen once again? Either way, she continued on.

That was until she thought she had heard something. She crept over her shoulder. Well, it was nothing, as per usual, so, she continued on. Soon after, it was the same sound, except it was louder, and felt closer. Was she... being followed? She didn't look back this time, but walked faster. Soon, yes, she definitely heard footsteps. She quickly looked back - and saw a lone individual.

"Oh... uh... hi!" the person said. "Nice day for a walk, right! Haha... Nothing suspicious at all!"

Saya shrugged, and walked on. Strange one, she thought. Well, at least I can walk home safely as soon as I finish this sente-

It was soon that Saya because covered in darkness. It was bag over her head that covered her eyes. She probably should of seen that one coming.

A few moments later, all she could see was flashing lights. Was this another dream? She thought. But then again, how can she know it's a dream, if she was dreaming? She decided to pinch herself. After squealing a small 'ow', she concluded, this was no dream. She had a look around the setting she was in - a strangely familiar room that was all made out of concrete, with no door. She was definitely kidnapped. But why...

It was then that she saw a television embedded into the wall. It had no buttons, no remote - just one small screen. She soon heard the most terrifying voice she had ever heard as the TV turned on. "Yippee, you're awake!" A young girl on display shouted. She jumps up and down with excitement, "I have been waiting so long, sleepyhead."

"W-Who are you?" asked Saya, inching closer to the television. And why is her voice so HIGH?

"You can call me Oakley!" the girl, Oakley replied, sticking her tounge out. "We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?"

Saya blinked. "Considering that one of your fellow goons kidnapped me, I would say that's a low possibility," she stated. "What do you want from me?"

"You're intrigued, right?" She teases, not addressing the kidnap, or any reason for Saya being here. At this point, Saya wanted earplugs. "You see that headset?" Her finger points down; below the television screen is a strange, helmet like headset. Saya inched closer to observe it herself. It seemed... one of a kind, alright. She definitely never saw anything like that before.

"Go on, put it on."

Admittedly, Saya wanted answers, and she supposed that the helmet was the first piece of this puzzle. But what kind of puzzle? She hope it was anything but a jigsaw. In any case, she got out the helmet, and slowly put it on her head. She didn't see much, until something came on. Play? it showed.

She felt no buttons on the helmet, so.. how was she supposed to answer. She can only do one thing - nod. All of a sudden, her body felt heavy. She then collapsed, straight on the ground.

What happened next, was even beyond her imagination...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
♦ London

Eyes open. Heart fluttering. Breath panting. No light.

Where was she?

Lights flickered on, all of a sudden. A bright room, concrete walls and floor and ceiling, hardly any furniture or decorations at all. One, big screen against the wall on one side of the room. That was it.

"Where... What am I doing here?" Amy mumbled, standing up and holding a hand to her read head. "I don't remember anything."

No, wait. There was something. What was the last thing she had done? She had been on her way home from college, on her way to the room that had been her home for almost a year now.

Her head hurt somewhat, trying to remember. She closed her eyes hard and focused, tried to not think about the odd, somewhat discomforting room she was standing in.

Her day had been good, overall. Interesting lectures, she'd aced a speech and had been looking forward to a quiet night with online gaming, while most other people were heading to a big party at a uni club. She didn't go to those. Even though she was an outgoing girl in some ways, big events with lots of people weren't her thing. She preferred big areas with no one in them. Just her and the world.

Games held big worlds inside them. Even though Amy's real body felt sore after a while, she had learned that while she was at college and had to attend classes and do lots of study every day, gaming was the best way for her to escape and feel free. Digital worlds had begun to take over her need for exploration and feeling alive. That was the best she could do in her current state of life.

And it made her content. Just, content.

Head hurt again. She clasped it with both hands. There... She was starting to remember. She had stopped to look at a poster someone had put up recently on a brick wall lining a street going off campus.

'beta-testers needed!' 'we need the best!'

"Sounds like fun," she had uttered. Then everything had gone dark. It wasn't that her memories ended there - she remembered everything going dark.

And now she was here, in this bright, strange room. Without windows... And without a door? How could the room not even have a door? It must be hidden somewhere. Perhaps behind that screen.

Amy walked up to it and was just about to try and grab its edges and pull it away from the wall, when it turned on with a blip.

"Yippee, you're awake!"

Amy pulled back, startled by the young girl's voice. On the screen, a person with short, pink, bobbing hair was jumping up and down with excitement.

"I have been waiting so long, sleepyhead."

Animation has come a long way, Amy couldn't help randomly thinking; the girl looked almost human - if it wasn't for the impeccably smooth skin and constantly sparkling eyes.

"I heard that you're the best," the pink haired person said between fits of giggles, "so I wanted to treat you!"

Her voice was high pitched, chirpy, bordering on annoying. In the background, a swirling blue pattern added to the mystery.

When Amy just kept staring, she eventually stuck her tongue out. "You can call me Oakley! We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?"

"Me?" Amy finally replied.

"Yes you! You're intrigued, right?" She teased, not addressing the kidnap, or any reason for Amy's being here. "You see that headset?" Her finger pointed down; below the television screen lay a strange, helmet like headset.

Amy didn't move. Why did she recognize this scenario? It was like an anime show. The protagonist gets kidnapped and forced to... Play a game?

"Go on, put it on."

Maybe there was no point in resisting. She couldn't get out of this room any other way, it seemed. Plus, she had always liked gaming. What harm could come from doing what her kidnapper said for a while? Okay, just thinking that sentence made her shudder. But still. She felt a bit shocked and wasn't sure of what else to do. So. She grabbed the helmet and put it on.

There was no clear on or off button, but a word immediately flashed across the visor.

"Play?" it asked.

Amy breathed, the only thing audible in her prison cell. She glanced at the cheerful girl, Oakley, on the screen again. The girl nodded eagerly.

"Play," Amy said.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Richie Copeland // Pallet Town

A sudden light flashed in his eyes, blinding him, as he awoke from what felt like an eternal slumber. "What in the world..." As his eyes adjusted he found himself lying in the middle of a beaten dirt road. Richie scrambled up to his feet, bewildered. How the hell did I get here?! The thought raced through his mind as his eyes darted around his surroundings. As animated as he was, it was quite a serene scene. A beautiful little town, there was only three small buildings, a flower bed that bloomed by a small body of water, and a couple of fences, nothing to be suspicious of. But what was bizarre about it wasn't the town itself. There was something about the town's residents that seemed off. They walked around stiff, in the same pattern, making the exact same movements. And although he was out of reach to hear the exact words, it sounded to Richie as if they were saying the same exact phrase over and over.

Wait a second... He quickly looked over his own body only to find himself wearing an unfamiliar black and orange baseball tee. On his wrist was a strange orange, watch-looking contraption. On the ground next to him was a tan bag which was empty. Richie patted his face, trying to make sense of everything. "Is this the headset..?" He once again looked at his surroundings, attempting to put the pieces together. His draw dropped as he came to what seemed like the only reasonable conclusion to all this. It was all a virtual reality.

He dropped to his knees in amazement. This was the stuff of nerd dreams, a reality away from reality. A place where one could do anything they pleased. But how would one get out? The thought crossed his mind. That's not important right now! Richie gave the widest grin he ever could. This was the reason he had played games, and now he was in the pinnacle of that experience. Falling back onto a flower patch he rolled around, laughing uncontrollably. The softness of the flowers felt so unbelievably real. He inhaled a deep breath, that was unmistakably the scent of fresh hydrangeas in the air. Springing to his feet he went to explore the rest of the town.

There was sign straight ahead from where he stood. Quickly jogging over to it, he read aloud. "Oak's Pokemon Research Lab." He stood there for a moment contemplating the name which sounded so familiar. Bingo. Richie had heard of the old retro games of Pokemon. While he had never played them himself many of the gamers that he talked to online had enjoyed them thoroughly. Apparently back in the day many kids and adults alike loved the games. The name had sounded even more familiar though, something much more recent. "Poke-Link!" That's where he had last seen the words "Poke." Finally putting two and two together, his eyebrows raised. "They sure go out of their ways to find themselves beta testers."

Hopping the fence standing by the sign, he walked towards a peculiar looking building which he assumed was the Research Lab that the sign was referring to. Reaching forwards to open the door he grabbed the knob and pulled. Locked. Maybe it's a bug? Walking away from "Oak's Lab" He approached one of the strange people walking around. A rather large boy, he walked around in a square like the rest of the strangers. "Hello?" Richie waved towards him, getting in his path. The boy spoke in a voice that almost sounded robotic. "Pokemon are my friends!" The two stared at each other in silence, the boy's eyes failing to blink once. "Pokemon are my friends!" Another pause. "Pokemon are my friends!"

Richie gave a hearty laugh before patting the boy on the head. "Yeah, I get it buddy." He then proceeded to check around the rest of the town, finding the other buildings locked and the other NPCs just as strange. There was only one more place to explore now. "Now time for the exit." He stood right at the head of the path which lay between two lines of trees. Without another word he took a step forward only to be greeted by an invisible wall. His leg slammed into it and then a voice spoke in his head. "The outside world is dangerous, please do not proceed unless accompanied by a Pokemon." Crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow Richie wasn't pleased to have his exploration cut short. He had already checked everywhere in the town, so he found it pointless to try again. "Maybe I need to wait for something." He wondered aloud to himself, his statement drenched with his signature southern drawl. He sat down resting his back on a tree, waiting to see if anything would happen.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Carefully measured breaths matched the rhythmic 'slap' of running shoes against the sidewalk. Every evening at 6:00 PM, like clockwork, Rosalie went out for a run. Weather was no deterrent to her and it was no different tonight. There was a nip in the air that told of a cold front rolling in but even so she wore short, breezy shorts and a tank. The chill raised the hairs on her arms but it kept her cool as she pushed the limits of her body and steadily increased in speed as she neared the cafe where she always stopped for a drink. This area of the city was teeming with life at this time, but pedestrians moved aside to let her by.

She was sweating lightly despite the cold by the time she reached the cafe. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail to keep it out of her face, but she still had to sweep a few strands aside that had loosed themselves. The line was short and when she reached the counter she gave the cute male barista a bright smile.

"One iced caramel mocha, extra whipped cream. Please and thank you, sweetheart."

He gave her a faint smile in return as he gave her the total and accepted her money. His coworker made the drink quickly and handed it to her. Rosalie flashed him a similar smile and sipped it daintily through a straw. Most evenings she would sit down for a minute, catch her breath, then jog back to the dorms, but this time she had a paper she needed to write. Why she cared what Aldous Huxley's purpose in writing 'Brave New World' was, she hadn't the slightest idea. Luckily she was fairly adept at pulling B+ material out of nowhere at the last second.

So she dropped a few singles in the tip jar and headed back out. The sky was quickly darkening and the crowd was thinning. It seemed that most others were more bothered by the cold than she was. Unperturbed, she sipped her mocha and started for home at a leisurely pace. Clouds had slithered their way over the sky and strangled any starlight she might have had to see by as the sun descended completely. She wasn't concerned, however; the street lights would flicker on in a few minutes.

As she turned onto a deserted street a van slowly pulled up next to her. She watched it out of the corner of her eye but made no move to flee just yet. Maybe they just needed directions.

The tinted window slowly rolled down. Before she could get a good look at the individual in the passenger seat they raised a maliciously glinting black gun. She felt a brief jolt of panic before there was a faint 'pop' sound and a dart containing a small dose of a mild tranquilizer buried itself in her neck. The side door of the van opened quickly and a man in all black caught her already unconscious body before it hit the cement. Her small stature made it easy to drag her into the vehicle and speed away before anyone could witness the abduction.

*****​

Through the membrane of her eyelids Rosalie sensed flickering lights as she began to regain lucidity. Her brain began working again slowly, trying to make sense of its forced shutdown. It took all of the strength she had to force her eyes open, and then some not to snap them shut again as the light hurt them. She took shallow, groggy breaths and swept her eyes over the room at a careful pace, afraid of making her brain fuzzier. There was something glaringly wrong with it, something she couldn't put her finger on. It took her several painful moments to realize that the problem, the thing that made her skin crawl, was that the decorations of the room were hers. They were either belongings taken from her dorm, or exact replicas of them. She wasn't sure which was more disturbing.

Her eyes fell upon a television screen embedded in the wall. There didn't seem to be any way to operate it. A final scan of the room showed that there were no windows and there was no door. No way out, no obvious way in. She suddenly felt much like a hamster. Trapped in a box with frivolous fittings for her entertainment, depending on an outside source for everything. Unsure how she got there, unsure that she'd ever leave.

The weight of her situation sped her return to full consciousness, which was just as well. Just then a high pitched female voice filled the small space and made her ears ache. It came from the television, powered on by an unseen party.

"Yippee, you're awake!" the young girl shouted, her short pink hair bobbing as she jumped up and down with excitement. "I have been waiting so long, sleepyhead."

Distantly Rosalie sniped that she wouldn't have been asleep in the first place had she not been assaulted, but she didn't trust herself to speak and she wasn't sure that anyone would hear her if she did.

"I heard that you're the best," she said between fits of giggles, "so I wanted to treat you!"

The animated girl's shrill voice was making her head ache. She gritted her teeth and pressed her fingertips to her temples.

The girl stuck her tongue out. "You can call me Oakley! We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?" She was flawlessly animated, even her toothy grin impressively detailed.

"You're intrigued, right?" she teased, not addressing the kidnap. "You see that headset?" Her finger pointed down; below the television screen was a strange, helmet like headset.

"Go on, put it on."

Rosalie stared at the headset from the bed and considered ignoring the girl. She was just an animation; what was she going to do if she refused? But even as she thought this she feared that the girl would keep talking. That alone was enough of a deterrent from her disobedience. Slowly, cautiously, she stood and shuffled her way to the headset. Her arms felt leaden as she put the headset on.

There was no power button, but words flashed across the visor. "Play?"

She furrowed her brow and tried glancing around, checking if it was controlled by eye motion. When that didn't work she shuffled back to the bed and sat down. She tried raising an arm and controlling it that way, but nothing happened. She gave a soft sigh of irritation and grumbled "Just freaking play."

Before she knew what had happened she collapsed as her mind was enveloped by the program. When she awoke again she found herself lying on a bed of lush green grass that was almost too soft to be real. With a groan she sat up, propping herself up on one arm. She frowned faintly as she looked down and saw a powder blue watch on her wrist. That hadn't been there a second ago. She pressed the buttons, attempting to discern its purpose. The watch face remained dark and unresponsive. With an irritable grunt she clambered to her feet. Passing out and waking up somewhere different was bad enough the first time, but again in one night?

As she brushed the grass off her pants she glanced down and found that her legs were covered by well fitted bootcut jeans. They were nice, and certainly what she would have chosen, but last she remembered she'd been in shorts. Her shoes were different, as well. Instead of her running shoes she wore white sneakers with powder blue accents. Again, they appealed to her sense of style, but she didn't remember putting them on. The shirt could have been plucked from her own closet as well. It hugged her slight frame just enough to be comfortable but not so much as to be obscene. The soft green hue of the fabric was patterned by beautiful and intricate ivy tendrils, each sporting tiny baby blue flowers. This was not a top she owned at home, but it was one she would have purchased in an instant if she found it at any store. Her hair blew lazily around her shoulders in the gentle breeze. Overall she was comfortable, at least physically. Appearances being as important to her as they were, being able to dress in her own style helped. But mentally she was in turmoil. Where was she? Why was she here?

Her eyes swept over her surroundings, absorbing every little detail. Tall, thick trees surrounded the town she stood in. At one end of the town was a path leading into the forest and at the other was a body of water stretching as far as she could see. Exploring in the latter direction was out of the question. For some unfathomable reason a fence had been erected from the treeline to the water's edge. That was fine, she supposed. There was still the path leading into the forest, and she could go to the houses and see if their inhabitants knew what was happening to her.

Tentatively Rosalie approached the house nearest to her, on the eastern side of the clearing. It was exactly identical to the one next to it, with a red roof and grey siding, two stories, and a red door. That was odd. The first word that came to mind was 'cult', and maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea to walk right into a house that probably belonged to some crazy guy that would chant 'one of us' as he confined her to his basement for initiation.

That might be a little dramatic. She sighed softly and steeled herself as she knocked on the door. There was no answer, and the wood made a strangely full sound as her fist made contact with it. It didn't sound hollow, like one would expect a door to. With a frown she peered around the side of the house and was relieved to see a sign of life. A middle-aged woman with dark hair knelt at a small garden, staring down with a vacuous expression. Tentatively Rosalie closer to her.

"Excuse me, ma'am? May I ask your help?"

The woman turned to look at her slowly, her features rearranging into a bright but mindless smile.

"All children must leave home someday, it said so on tv. Professor Oak was looking for you."

Rosalie frowned hard. "Excuse me? Who was looking for me?"

The woman smiled blankly at her for a few seconds, then in the same flat tone repeated "All children must leave home someday, it said so on tv. Professor Oak was looking for you."

She backed away slowly. "O-okay… that's great then. Thanks."

Panic threatened to rise in her chest but she did what she could to quell it. That had been creepy, and she wasn't sure how much worse this was going to get. All she could do was try another house. Steeling herself for the same result, Rosalie went to the one next door. Again when she knocked the door never moved and there was no response. She almost didn't want to, but her curiosity got the better of her. She peeked around the side of the house and saw no one this time. So she came close to the window and tried to see in, but the glass wasn't nearly as transparent as it should have been.

Now what? Rosalie turned and wandered toward the center of the town. It seemed to her that going to the other houses would be a waste of time. All she really had to go on was the creepy woman's assurance that someone named Professor Oak was looking for her. So where should she go from here?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Layla Riese

-Enter the PokéWorld!
qkf0.png

"Would you like another drink, Miss?" a most polite voice of the bartender snapped Layla out of her daydreaming state.

"Just another glass of raspberry juice, thank you." she answered with a smile, before looking away. Her blue-grey eyes quickly scouted her surroundings. She spotted her friends having a good time on the dance floor and a few of the other students that were part of the project cheering them on from the side. She couldn't help but smile.

The group had just returned from their trip across the country. Their project had been successful and they found out they were getting extra credit, as well as some awards for their hard work and dedication so everyone went out celebrating the great news in a newly opened club that was said to also be the new gathering place for important people such as singers, actors and even game developers. Layla wasn't a huge fan of such places, but she agreed to go, despite her wanting to relax at the dorm, with a good book. Not liking crowds much, the young woman spent most of her night sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of raspberry juice every now and again, watching everyone from afar.

"Excuse me, Miss…" the bartender tried getting her attention again. "The gentleman over there heard of your group's great success and he insisted on offering you and your friends a bottle of our finest champagne." He went on, extending a glass of the golden, bubbly liquid to her while pointing out at a middle-aged gentleman wearing a fancy suit to which he added a red tie, that stood out quite a bit. "I heard he was a really important man in the world of sports. He also said he would like a word with you, if you do not mind." The bartender chimed again in his polite tone.

"Thank you." Layla said as she gracefully picked up the glass and hopped off the bar stool. She had no interest in the generous man at first, but, upon hearing that he had some sort of say in the world of sports, she couldn't help but want to meet him, hoping that it would benefit her on the long run.

"Ah! Miss Riese!" the man said as he saw her approaching. "My name is Edward Beckett and I have heard so much about you and your group of friends. I just HAD to meet the brilliant person in charge of this successful project. " he wouldn't stop praising Layla and the group of students she was part of.

Edward Beckett was a known recruiter for various sports teams across the country. He had even recruited some of the outstanding players for some of the national teams and even for the Olympics. Layla felt honored to be standing in front of such a respected man in the world of sports. She gracefully sat down at the man's table and smiled politely, as she took a sip of the bubbly liquid in her glass.

"There was something I wanted to discuss with you, Miss Riese" the man said as he slowly pointed towards a door that had a huge "Employees Only" sign attached to it. "so how about we go in the office upstairs? The owner of this place is a good friend of mine and he gave me permission to use his office, so, shall we?" he spoke with a smile as he lead the girl through the door and up some stairs.

Layla was so nervous that she kept taking small sips of her drink every few seconds. By the end of the flight of stairs, her glass was almost empty and she felt her body getting heavier and heavier, her eyes slowly closing, the girl having a hard time standing up. By the time she realized that her drink had been spiked, it was already too late. Unable to maintain her composure, the girl collapsed, the last thing she saw being a rather sadistic grin of the man that recommended himself as the famous Edward Beckett.

The girl opened her eyes to be blinded by a pair of white lights flickering above her head. Rubbing her temples, she looked around in confusion. The room was square and entirely made of concrete. She could see no door. What was even weirder was that the room seemed to be an exact replica of her dorm room. Layla started picking up things and checking every single one of them. Every single item belonged to her. "But how?" she wondered as her mesmerizing eyes scouted the room once more, stopping on a strange, large TV embedded into the wall. It had no buttons, no remote, it was just one huge screen. As she kept staring at it, it flickered on by itself and an animated girl showed up on the display. She looked so real, despite being animated. She had short, pink hair that bobbed, as she jumped up and down with excitement. A most annoying high pitched voice came out as the animated girl introduced herself as Oakley and pointed Layla towards a strange helmet-like headset.

"Go on, put it on." The annoying voice chirped once more.

A reluctant Layla grabbed the helmet. She shrugged as she looked around the room once more, the helmet held tight in her hands. "Well, there seems to be no way out and I'm all alone… this seems like a game so…why not?" she thought and sighed softly. "It's just another Saturday evening at the dorm I guess…" she said as she places the headset onto her head and was amazed to find out that it had no switches and no buttons. The question "Play?" flashed across the visor. "Play!" Layla said, more determined than ever. With that, her body collapsed.

Shortly after, the young woman opened her eyes to see the blue sky above her. "Where am I?" she thought as she placed her hands on the ground, pushing herself up. She was standing on a patch of soft, green grass that looked and felt so real. "Is this…real?" she wondered as she looked around once more. She was in a small town that had no more than three buildings, two houses that looked almost identical and a large, weird-looking building. Close-by, there was a pretty flower bed with a small, white fence on the side. In front of her was what looked like a small pond with crystal clear, blue water. She soon saw a bunch of people that kept moving around aimlessly, yet following a pattern. She walked up to a little girl that was standing still in front of a wooden sign.

"Hello?" she said, interacting with the girl.

"Hm… is that right? Oh! Look! Look!" the girl said as she stepped out of the way. "Read it! Read it!" Layla approached her once more. "Read it! Read it!" the little girl said once again.

Layla turned towards the sign and started reading. "Trainer tips" but the rest was illegible. The young woman looked around once more and noticed a large, beige purse that seemed to be made out of leather. She picked it up, only to find out it was empty so she threw it casually across her shoulder. It was then that she noticed a weird sea-green watch around her wrist and that she was wearing a plaid teal, dark blue and white pleated skirt. "Cute skirt!" she thought but then remembered she just had to figure out where she was so she tried entering one of the houses that was closest to her. But the door was locked. She quickly rushed to check the other buildings as well, but they were locked too. She could see a couple more of those weird people, but she didn't feel like approaching them anymore.

"What's with this town?" Layla thought and sighed. "Maybe there's a way out of here?" she figured as she walked around the town. The whole place was surrounded by a thick forrest that looked much like a wall, making passage through it impossible. With the eastern and western sides covered in forests and the south side blocked by the pond, the woman figured the only way out would be up north so she quickly headed there. But she soon figured out that there was no way out, when she noticed a tall, black-haired male trying to get out and being stopped by an invisible wall. "Maybe I need to wait for something." he said to himself.

"Maybe…" Layla repeated as she approached him.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
63b84415-6e95-4ef2-b3af-620d920b7ff4_zpsdab62982.jpg

Laura Poffman - A Not So Typical Day

"Damn it, that one's no good either..."

Laura Poffman sighed in disgust as she ripped a piece of paper from her notebook, quickly crumbling it up before she tossed it into the nearby trashcan. Taking a sip of orange soda, the girl stared down at her notebook, eyeballing the only page of writing that she had done so far that had not met with a fate of destruction and then trash. Leaning back in her chair, Laura glanced up at the clock on her dorm wall. Her bad mood only deepened when she realized just how late it was getting.

"Great... And it's almost time to go to Classic Lit too... Damn, what a let down," she said to herself quietly.

It was not that the girl particularly hated the class. Rather, it was because she could feel that she was on the literal edge of a breakthrough with what she had been working on. Once she had finished this song, it was going to be her sure ticket to fame and total awesomeness! All she had to do was just finish everything else around the chorus... and have a band. But both of those were just small steps, really. Besides, Laura was sure that once she had one, the other would be sure to follow.

"Guess there's only one thing to do..." Laura sighed, rising up from her seat. "I'll just have to play sick for today and stay in until I finish this."

She glanced down at her now empty can of orange soda and nodded. Before she could get hard to work on creating her lyrical masterpiece, Laura realized that she would need to be properly fueled on the goodness that was known as orange soda. Rising from her seat, the girl slipped on her sneakers and grabbed her purse before slipping outside of her dorm quietly to make for the nearest vending machine.

Unbeknownst to Laura, she was being carefully observed the whole way. The figure carefully and quietly followed her every step towards the vending machine, staying hidden by hanging back behind a corner or crouching down behind one of the side tables or tall trashcans that decorated the halls of the dormitory. The figure smiled as Laura stopped by a vending machine. He could not ask for a better chance than this. The vending machine the girl stopped by was on the first floor of the dormitory and it was close by the back door of the building to boot. With great stealth, the man snuck from behind the corner and quickly grabbed hold of Laura.

The girl opened her mouth to scream. However before she could, Laura felt a sharp, piercing pain jab into the back of her neck. Her eyes widened as everything began to feel fuzzy. The room began to spin around, before everything went black...

Laura was not sure just how long she was out for. When the girl gradually regained consciousness, she found herself in a strange room. It was a small, square room. The floor and walls were all made of solid concrete, and no door was anywhere to be seen. The girl slowly climbed to her feet, taking a look around as she did so. She had definitely never been to this room before. However, what annoyed the girl the most was the fact that several of her own things were in there, including her guitar or amp... something that she never let anyone touch, as well as some of her CDs and the notebook she had been writing her new song in.

"What... What the hell is going on?" Laura questioned. "What is this?!"

"Yippee, you're awake!" an annoying loud, piercing voice called out.

Laura glanced around, looking for where the voice she had unfortunately heard was coming from. The girl quickly noticed a large television hanging on the wall that suddenly turned on. On the screen there was a quite energetic girl with short, pink hair. She was practically bouncing around on the television, as if she had decided to eat an entire bowl of sugar for breakfast and wash it down with five cups of espresso.

"What... Who the hell are you?" Laura questioned.

"I heard that you were the best, so I wanted to treat you!" the girl on the screen answered, giggling like a maniac.

"That... didn't come anywhere close to answering my question..." Laura sighed.

"You can call me Oakley! We're gonna become good friends, so let's try and get along, m'kay?" the girl on the television said with a wide grin.

Laura took a step closer to the television. Her eyes widened as she took note that the girl on the screen was not actually real. Rather, it appeared as if she were some animated character of sorts. Needless to say, this caused the university student to start feeling a bit anxious.

"Either I'm on one hell of a drug trip or having a nightmare..." Laura said quietly.

"You're intrigued, right?" Oakley continued, ignoring pretty much anything that Laura had to say. Her finger pointed downward towards the floor. "You see that headset? Go on, put it on."

Laura followed the girl's pointing finger locating a helmet like device laying on the floor. It seemed somewhat familiar to the girl, as if it was ripped from the pages of one of those old science fiction movies she had seen at one point or another. They were generally corny or strange, much like this whole scenario had been thus far. Laura took the headset into her hands, wondering if she should actually bother to put it on. With a bit of hesitation, the headset gradually made its way onto the girl.

Suddenly the word, "Play?" flashed across the visor to the helmet. Laura fished around the helmet without taking it off, as if she was searching for a button or a nob of some sort. After coming up empty-handed, she bit her lip before slowly replying.

"...Play."

Laura's body suddenly began to feel quite woozy again. Much like before, the girl quickly passed out as everything was slowly enveloped in black. Again, she had no idea just how long she had been out for. However, when she had awaken the scenery looked vastly different than it had before. No longer was Laura trapped in that room. Rather she was in a rather grassy and quaint looking village of sorts. There were only three buildings there, along with random people who seemed to be walking back and forth constantly. Laura scratched head as she slowly pulled herself off the ground.

"Now what...?" she groaned, taking a look around at her surroundings. She had never seen anything quite like this before. To say this whole situation was starting to weird her out would be an understatement. Laura spotted a rather heavyset looking man nearby. Slowly, she made her way over to the man. "Um... 'Scuse me, sir? Where in the world am I?"

The man turned to face her. A bright smile gracing his rather portly face. "Isn't technology wonderful? You can now use PCs to store items and Pokémon!"

"...What?" Laura questioned.

"Isn't technology wonderful? You can now use PCs to store items and Pokémon!" the man repeated, before walking back in circles in front of her.

"What the hell is going on...?" Laura sighed.

Strikit

Years
Rosalie was at a total loss. No matter which way she looked at it, none of this made sense. She knew that the visor she'd put on was the cause of this. It seemed likely, then, that none of this was real. But why would someone go through the trouble of abducting her, making themselves guilty of kidnapping, just to make her explore a virtual reality? It was a realistic one, at that. She could feel the grass beneath her sneakers and the warmth of the sun on her skin. The breeze tickled the fine hairs on her arms, and she could smell fresh flowers. Whoever was responsible for this had a vast amount of financial and technological resources at hand. It was probably not an individual, then. It must be a group of people or even a corporation responsible for this.

The thought troubled her but it didn't help her at the present moment. She wanted out of this. So in her most commanding voice she said "Stop playing."

When that didn't work, she huffed. "Stop. Off. Log off. Power down."

None of these things worked. Her temper grew hot and she took in deep breaths to calm down. Getting angry would do nothing for her here. Instead she looked around, surveying her surroundings with a critical eye. There must be something she was supposed to do. Obviously she wasn't going to get into any of the houses and she wasn't going to bother trying to jump the fence at the south end. Her other option was to try and leave through the gap in the trees to the north.

Her mind made up, she turned that way and took off in long, purposeful strides. Of course, long strides weren't quite as impressive for her as they were for people with longer legs. She hadn't gotten far when she stopped suddenly, staring at a person that seemed to stand out. From this distance she couldn't determine their gender. They appeared to be tall, at least taller than her, and dressed in a most androgynous manner. That was not what caught her eye, however. They seemed to be just as lost as she was. The woman she'd already encountered had been repetitive and robotic, never seeming confused or unsure about her purpose. For this reason she wondered if maybe the individual in front of her was in the same predicament as she.

With caution Rosalie approached them. She moved slowly and tried to look as unthreatening as possible. For her, that was quite simple.

"...hi?"

The greeting came out sounding like an inquisition. As she grew closer she recognized that this was a girl and that she was in fact tall. Rosalie affixed a shy smile to her face and halted, still several feet away from her. All she could do was pray that the girl wasn't another mindless drone.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Laura Poffman - Another Human?

No matter how many times Laura attempted to talk to the man close by to her, he always replied with the same comment over and over. It was becoming clear to the girl that she was apparently on her own. Glancing around, she noticed a nearby lake. While Laura did not exactly find a thrill in the prospect of getting wet, it was at least a chance of getting away from here. She quickly made her way towards the water, attempting to hop into it in order to swim away. However, such an attempt was not to be successful. The only result of her escape attempt was the sound of a dull thud and the feeling as if there was some invisible wall blocking her path.

"What the hell kinda place is this? I'm really starting to get pissed here!" Laura exclaimed.

Laura was so involved in what she was doing, she failed to notice another girl slowly approaching her.

"...hi?"

That one simple greeting was enough to cause Laura to jump suddenly. She quickly spun around coming face to face with a girl a bit shorter than her. There was something different about her compared to that of say, the fat man who had been going on and on about the wonders of technology by stating the same thing over and over.

Trying to fight back down the small blush that had managed to work its way up to her cheeks from her surprised reaction, Laura eventually answered back. "O-Oh... Um, hey."

A moment of hesitation kicked in. Exactly where was Laura to go from there? The fact that this person actually approached her and greeted her of her own will proved that at least she was not part of this game... or at least, a better programmed part of it. There was only way to find out for sure, even if that way probably made her come off as seeming slightly insane.

"Are you human?" Laura inquired, hoping that she was not already losing her mind in this thing.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan "Nate" Harris | How troublesome!

The day had started perfectly well for him. Even better than the usual to be quite honest. After waking up and doing his usual washing up and stretching exercises, he was slacking off in his bed. That is, until he received a call from Matthew Mackermann, one of his few close friends. He didn't care for a lot of people this world and Matthew was a part of the close circle of people that he trusted. He usually didn't receive many calls though, so much that sometimes he'd wonder why he had a phone. At first, he didn't want to answer. This was his little time to be a lazy bum after all and he didn't want to get up. But Matthew insisted again and again. Swearing internally, he got up and grumpily answered the phone. "I hope you have a good reason to disturb me at this hour." Matthew totally ignored his angry tone and started rambling happily. Nathan sighed, he should have known better, Matt loved to talk a lot and wouldn't stop until he's done. He decided that he would leave his friend be and return to his usual occupations until he heard the words "festival" and "game companies". It didn't take more for his interest to be sparked. He stopped his friend. "Did I just hear you talk about a game festival?" If his friend said the truth, this could be a perfect opportunity for him. "Uh, yeah. They're organizing this to search for new talents or so I hear. Big names are going to be there. Each contestant should present a game or something." Nathan was delighted, he wouldn't miss this chance of getting his work known. Matt had talked about some place to sign up and be added to the lineup of the festival and he noted it down. He wasn't feeling like listening to his friend anymore so he hung up. He happily put on some clothes. His appointment at the gym was in an hour so he could afford to go look around where the festival would take place while signing up for it. He quickly ate a light breakfast and went out. As he walking in the empty streets, he was excited and could hardly wait. Thus he didn't really pay attention to his surroundings. So when two masked guys attacked him from behind, he was late to react and fell unconscious after one of them injected something in him via a syringe.

*****​

Lights were flickering above his head. What had happened? He felt a slight headache and remembered everything, he was just walking around when two guys kidnapped him. But why would they do that? He was nowhere near rich or anything like that. He looked around the room. There weren't much things in there. Just a few posters of some bands here and there and some slight decoration. Then it hit him, this room looked like his!

"Yippee, you're awake!"

The voice had startled him. It was loud, high-pitched and annoying. A girl appeared on a TV that he just noticed. At first, he thought she was real but that was just some animation. He didn't really care, he just wanted the girl to shut up. After skipping most of her speech, he saw her pointing at some kind of helmet thing. He put it on. "Play?" What harm could that possibly do? That could be the only way to get out of this place. "Play." His voice was firm and determined. He felt his surroundings blur and closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was on a soft green field. "What in the hell is that?"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jerrod Parker -WTF?

Jerrod woke up in a small room, lights flickering overhead. He slowly awoke and tried to collect his thoughts. "Last thing I remember..." he said to himself, "...was looking at that poster for beta testers. Then someone jumped me from behind and placed a rag over my mouth." He could still smell the faint odor of ether on his lips. He looked around at his new surroundings: a room with no door, no windows. Just a bed, couple of posters, TV with a girl on-screen...wait, what? As he stood up, the girl started speaking.

"Yippee, you're awake! I've been waiting so long, sleepyhead."

Jerrod cocked his head as he got a good look at the girl. She seemed cute enough, but her voice was kinda grating to his ears. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and cleared his throat. "Waiting for what?", he asked.

After another giggle-fit, she replied, "I heard that you were the best, so I decided to treat you."

"The best?" he replied, starting to get confused, "Who the hell are you?"

"You can call me Oakley. We're gonna become good friends so let's try to get along, ok?"

Jerrod decided to play along, just for the sake of it. "OK, Oakley...What's going on and what am I doing here?"

"You're intrigued, right? You see that headset?" She pointed towards a small VR visor near the TV, looking like something from a sci-fi movie. "Go ahead, put it on," Oakley prompted.

It seemed apparent that Oakley wasn't going to give out any information about where he was or what he was doing there. She only seemed intent on him putting on the visor. After some hesitation, he decided to place the device on his head. As he did so, he saw only one word: PLAY? "Play?", he said to himself. Suddenly, he started feeling funny and immediately he felt himself falling...

(In-game)
Jerrod woke up in a soft grassy field. As he stood up, he felt no worse for wear. He brushed himself off and quickly noticed a new device on his left wrist, looking similar to a watch. He tried to press something to make it work, but nothing happened. He also felt something on his back and noticed a small backpack on him. He took off the gray-colored satchel and peered inside, revealing that it was empty. He slung it back over his shoulders and glanced around, seeing only three buildings, a few people here and there, and a body of water behind him. Everything seemed...very familiar all of a sudden. Like he was here before, but how? A portly guy nearby was staring straight ahead at something, then took one step and turned, staring closeup at a wall.

He shook his head and walked forward, seeing a gap in the trees that seemed to lead to a path up ahead. As he got to the edge of the path he bumped hard into something, causing him to stagger back a couple of steps. He didn't see anything stopping him from proceeding, so he placed his hand in front of him and felt a wall or barrier before him. He was, once again, trapped. He walked away and leaned against the wall of the big building near him, trying to collect his thoughts. Just what, exactly, was going on here?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
[CSS-DIV="background-color: #cae2e1; padding: 20px;border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; width: 800px; color: #000000;"]FIRST SEQUENCE: The Journey Begins.

→ OOC Thread

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: solid; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]PLAYERS:

Your name will appear green after completing the main task. This ensures you will receive a reward in the next IC post.
[/div]

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: dashed; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]You've been exploring Pallet town for a while, getting used to movement, when suddenly a voice rings out across the town.

"Ding-dong! Hello everyone!" The chirpy voice of the little girl, Oakley, echos around you. "Come find me! I'm waiting in the Pallet Laboratory," a beam of light appears above the largest building in town, clearly marking the way.

The players gather around the laboratory; an NPC stands guard outside, repeating the same line, "The Professor will see you shortly". As the final player arrives, the glass doors slide open. A familiar face, now no longer a cartoon but a realistic, digital model, steps out.

Oakley wears only a small, bright pink dress with an overly baggy laboratory coat. Childlike in size, most of the players are much taller than her. Tying her pink-tinted hair back, Oakley raises her hand, pointing inside the laboratory.

"Inside are your monsters, your friends! You're definitely going to need one to start off, and it's totally up to you who you choose, aha," her speech is punctuated with odd giggles and smirks.

"One more thing," she yells, hitting her forehead with her hand comically, "Oops I almost forgot - Your Pokétch. Let's just say it's so we can keep a close eye on you kids, although it's pretty handy for information too."

"Go get your Pokémon, if you're not in the next down by the end of the day... well you'll be in trouble!" The space around Oakley warps, she drops apart into pixels, her giggle lasts just a few seconds after she is gone. With that, the door opens.

SEQUENCE LOADING: L A B 0 1 LOADED
PARTY SETTINGS ACTIVATED
GENERATING POKEMON: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 COMPLETE

COMPLETE. LOAD LABORATORY.
[/CSS-DIV]

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: dashed; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]THE LAB:

One entering the laboratory you see the room is flanked by podiums topped with pokéballs. Each podium has a clear photo of the pokémon inside. Hover hold your hand over the picture to hear its description.

You only get one chance, and once the pokémon is taken it is no longer up for grabs - there is only one of each available. Check any claims in the OOC thread so you don't accidentally clash with another player (unless it's part of the plan, of course!).​

POKéTCH:

Your Pokétch has a number of uses. It can act as a tracker for your pokémon's health, level and movepool - but it also saves important data, mission details (in your logbook, as below) and maps.

The Pokétch can work by touch or by voice commands. IE you can tap the 'Bulbasaur' button to learn more about it or say "Show me Bulbsaur's stats" at your Pokétch. Steve Jobs would be proud.

A map of route 1 is installed already. This will appear as a hologram above your wrist on the command.​

ROUTE 1:

Use the map to help you, but Route 1 is pretty simple - the path is basically a straight line, with some uneven ground and trees/tall grass lining the path. As you make your way up to Viridian the following pokémon may jump out at you. You are permitted to battle or catch (balls available at Viridian Mart) the following:​

[/CSS-DIV]

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: solid; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]LOGBOOK:
  • MAIN OBJECTIVE (1): Collect your first pokémon. ||||||||
  • MAIN OBJECTIVE (2): Arrive at Viridian City. ||||||||
  • OPTIONAL OBJECTIVE: Catch another pokémon on Route 1. ||||||||
[/div][/CSS-DIV]​

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
Mindless drones would not have been jolted by Rosalie's presence. This proved the girl to be human, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes," she answered in her airy voice. "I'm human."

She paused a safe distance away from her, just in case. From here she could see that she was easily half a foot shorter and much smaller. Although she was happy to see another person with rational thought she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous and intimidated. Assuming the girl had gone through the same experiences as she, she may be in panic mode and she knew people tended to lose their minds when stressed. Still, staying here and taking her chances was the best option. Maybe this girl wouldn't turn out to be crazy, and would instead be an ally. She offered her a soft smile.

"My name is Rosalie. Yours is?"

Before the other girl could answer the obnoxious voice of the animated girl rang out over the town. There were no visible speakers so how she was doing this, Rosalie had no clue.

"Ding-dong! Hello everyone! Come find me! I'm waiting in the Pallet Laboratory."

A beam of light appeared over a building on the other side of town. Rosalie gave her companion a shy smile.

"Want to go with me?"

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Laura Poffman - Another Human!

Laura seemed hesitant at first. She watched the girl before her carefully as she spoke, and while she did seem to be human as she said, Laura still found a part of herself wanting to believe that Rosalie was nothing more than another resident of this game... or whatever it was; Laura was not quite sure herself.

After the girl had introduced herself, Laura determined that it may have been for the best to stop being so paranoid about the situation. She nodded at Rosalie, crossing her arms and becoming a bit more relaxed.

"I'm Laura," she informed the girl.

Before she had time to go on further, a familiar voice began to speak from nowhere. Laura visibly cringed at the sound of Oakley's voice. The sound of the animated girl speaking was just as annoying, if not more so inside this program. Apparently the girl was waiting for them inside of some lab in the town. Laura did not have to wonder long about the location as the closest building to them suddenly lit up.

"Why am I gettin' really bad vibes from this...?" Laura wondered aloud. Returning her attention towards Rosalie, she listened as the smaller girl offered her company for whatever was to occur next. While the prospect of suddenly running about with someone she had just met was not exactly something Laura had considered, the girl still felt like it could be a good idea for the time being. "Alright then, let's see what happens next."

Turning slowly, Laura began to lead the duo towards the lab. A feeling of nervousness began to rise in the pit of her stomach. She really hoped this was not one of those twisted laboratories from the horror movies and the like where people can enter, but never leave...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
♦ London

Eyes open. Heart fluttering. Breath panting. Light everywhere.

Amy's eyes adapted to the bright environment and she slowly spun around to take it all in. She was outdoors all of a sudden, standing on a sandy road lined with neat lawns and a few houses. Further out, what seemed to be a thick leafy forest made up the edge of the area. And she could hear the sea... Yes, there was definitely the smell and sound of the sea in the air.

How? Hadn't she just been inside a strange room...

Oh. She had put on the visor and uttered the word 'play'. She was playing a game now? But it felt so real. She looked down at her hands. They were her own, no question about it. She still had her blue sweatshirt and her dark purple jeans and Converse sneakers. Her hair was still red, she didn't appear to look any different. It was as if she had really jumped into a game somehow. Wait, there was some new things. On her left wrist sat a watch of some kind. Blue and silver in color, the screen not displaying anything at the moment. She could also feel a little rucksack on her back, when she looked more closely she saw that it was black and gray and made of canvas.

Okay. Deep breaths. Maybe this was a virtual reality. She could accept that. Actually - a smile came to her face - this was perfect. What she had been dreaming about. Except, she had preferred to decide for herself when she would play, not be kidnapped and pretty much forced to enter the game's world.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, Amelia London slowly walked between the houses, looking warily at the few people visible among them. They also looked real, but there was something... off about them. Their movement was too regular to be real. They were NPCs, surely. What would she say to them?

Then, suddenly, she stopped. She had reached the beach. Waves of what could only be real, true, salty seawater crashed calmly up on the shore and wet her Converses lightly. Now she felt better. The sea had always made her feel calm and excited at the same time. If the sea was here, this couldn't be an all bad world. She had to give it a chance, a chance to let her figure out why she was here.

Just as she had steeled herself and prepared to walk up to a NPC and inquire about the game, a voice was heard above the waves.

"Ding-dong! Hello everyone!" It was unmistakable the chirpy voice of the little girl from the screen, Oakley. "Come find me! I'm waiting in the Pallet Laboratory."

Amy froze.

"Pallet... Pallet Laboratory?" she thought out loud.

Wait. That would mean... She had never heard of a Pallet Laboratory in any other game. Instead of walking up to a NPC, she dashed to the sign she had passed without thinking about earlier. 'Pallet Town', it said clearly.

"It's a pokémon game!" Amy exclaimed. She hadn't seen that coming. Not an original virtual game but something based off a very well known franchise. Interesting. And a bit scary. Was there pokémon here as well, then? Would she receive one?

The only way to know was to get her butt over to the lab as soon as possible. With only three buildings in the 'town', it wasn't really difficult to distinguish the lab from the smaller ones. The ones where the protagonist used to live in the older games... But exploring those would have to wait. She needed to get into the lab.

Outside the biggest building, a NPC waited. At least Amy assumed that he was, since he kept repeating the same words. "The Professor will see you shortly."

Amy obediently waited just outside the door, but somewhat impatiently. What would she need to wait for? Were there more players?

As if on cue, two girls came walking towards the lab together. They didn't have the same regular movement as the NPCs. And their styles looked so unique... They couldn't be NPCs. They were players too. Amy's eyes widened. Maybe they knew more about what had happened? Putting her social negligence aside for a moment, she waved towards them as the girls approached.

"Hey! Are you players too?" she called out, pleadingly. "Please say you are..."

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

"Maybe..." A female's voice repeated, startling Richie up to his feet. Regaining his composure a bit, he looked for the source of the sound and found a rather beautiful girl gracefully walking towards him. Her eyes were a mesmerizing blue-grey color and her hair dark as the night sky. She wore a rather "sporty" outfit, a white tank-top along with a plaid teal, dark blue and white pleated skirt. However it wasn't her clothing that caught his eye, on her wrist was the same watch-type contraption, only her's was a teal color.

"I'm guessing you're not one of those creepy robot people, eh?" A teasing smile spread across his face as he attempted to start up the conversation. "Anyways, my name i-" Richie was cut off short by a familiarly annoying voice. "Ding-dong! Hello everyone!" The chirpy voice of the little girl, Oakley, echoed around the town. "Come find me! I'm waiting in the Pallet Laboratory," a pillar of light appeared above the pecuiliar building that he had first checked out. While his ordinary reaction would be seeing the conversation through and getting to know the pretty girl, this was far from ordinary. Already starting a brisk jog towards the Lab he looked back and yelled. "Sorry gotta go see this!"

He reached the building only to find three other's he assumed to be normal, along with another one of those robotic freaks. "The Professor will see you shortly" He repeated over and over with the same metallic tone that all the others had. Richie gave a sheepish look over his shoulder to see if the other girl was still where he had left her. He had been in such a hurry to see what the little animated girl had to say that he had completely ditched her. As he was about to take a step back towards her he heard a voice come from behind him. "Hey! Are you players too?" it called out, pleadingly. "Please say you are..."

It had come from the redhead girl, Richie assumed that she had been talking to the other two, a tiny girl and one that looked more on the rebellious side. He once again found the same watch-like piece on each wrist, all varying in color. Taking one more glance at the girl he had left behind he turned around. What the hell? I can apologize later. He walked over to the trio, towering over all of them, he gave a welcoming smile and answered the fiery haired girl's question. "Yeah, I sure am. Not too sure about those two." He teased pointing at the girls standing opposite of him. "My name's Richie, what about y'all?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
♦ London

Before the girls could reply, a very - very - tall boy came running towards the lab. He was dressed as if he spent all his time outdoors, Amy couldn't help thinking.

"Yeah, I sure am," the young man replied when he arrived. "Not too sure about those two," he teased pointing at the two other girls. "My name's Richie, what about y'all?"

Amy turned away from them and eyed Richie from shoulders to toes. He seemed much more real than the NPC standing 'guard' outside the lab, that was for sure. Before she could help herself, Amy's emotions, still a bit overwhelmed from suddenly being inside a vibrant virtual world, made her throw herself forward and fling her arms around Richie's waist and bury her hairy red head in his chest - she didn't really reach higher than that.

For a second or so, everything was utterly quiet and still as the girl's weird action didn't quite register. Then she realized what she had done and let go with an embarrassing blush on her cheeks.

"Sorry, I'm just... Happy to see someone, I guess!" she said quickly, trying to smile. "I'm Amelia. Or Amy. I think I was kidnapped. So."

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Laura Poffman

Laura had opened her mouth to respond to the girl that had ran up to both she and Rosalie. However before she got the chance to actually get any words out of her mouth, the stranger had suddenly turned and proceeded to throw her arms around a boy, embracing him in a rather snug looking hug. Laura rolled her eyes at the sight, shaking her head slowly. While it was nice to see another actual human or two trapped in this strange world, there was something somewhat nerve grinding about the last minute or so that had just transpired.

"Let's just go into this lab thing and see what's goin' on, yeah?" Laura suggested to Rosalie. She began to lead the shorter girl past Amy and Richie, though not before elbowing the boy in his side. She glared over at him before giving a rather halfhearted apology and then entering the lab. "Sorry, just checkin' if you were real."

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Before Richie could even comprehend what was happening, he felt two thin arms wrap around his waist. A head of fiery red hear soon followed and buried itself in his chest. A slight blush appeared on his face. It wasn't as if it was strange for him to be hugged, but when it happened so out of the blue it caught him off guard. For a second or so the two stood there like that, him with his arms in the air trying to come up with the right response and the girl wrapped snug around him. Then apparently realizing what she had done, she let go with an embarresed blush on her cheeks.

"Sorry, I'm just... Happy to see someone, I guess!" she said quickly, trying to smile. "I'm Amelia. Or Amy. I think I was kidnapped. So." He gave a sheepish laugh in response to her rather awkward introduction and reached down, ruffling her hair. "It's alright, I think all of us are happy to see someone that's not one of those freaks." Just then the glass doors slid open and a familiar face, now no longer a cartoon but a realistic, digital model, stepped out. Realizing that some more people had gathered around the lab, Richie ducked a bit trying not to get in the way of everone he loomed over.

Oakley wore only a small, bright pink dress with an overly baggy laboratory coat. Childlike in size, Richie completed towered over the small girl. Tying her pink-tinted hair back, Oakley raised her hand, pointing inside the laboratory."Inside are your monsters, your friends! You're definitely going to need one to start off, and it's totally up to you who you choose, aha," her speech punctuated with odd giggles and smirks. "One more thing," she yells, hitting her forehead with her hand comically, "Oops I almost forgot - Your Pokétch. Let's just say it's so we can keep a close eye on you kids, although it's pretty handy for information too."

So that's what this thing is. Putting two and two together once again he eyballed the contraption on his wrist. "Go get your Pokémon, if you're not in the next town by the end of the day... well you'll be in trouble!" The space around Oakley warped, she droped apart into pixels, her giggle lasted just a few seconds after she was gone. With that, the door opens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before Richie could even step forward into the lab, the tiny girl lead by the rebel passed him. The latter gave him a sharp elbow to the side before glaring at him. "Sorry, just checkin' if you were real." Giving the half-hearted apology she went inside. Way to be a b*tch... Breathing slowly the young man calmed himself down after only a couple seconds, and followed the two girls inside.

As he walked inside all thoughts of that girl were tossed aside. He gave a whistle in amazement. "Damn, this place sure is fancy." The quite elegant looking room was flanked by podium after podium, topped with what he assumed to be pokeballs. Walking over to one, he found a picture of a rather cute little fire monkey. "So there's a pokemon in here, huh?" Reaching up to scratch his chin, his arm quickly passed by the picture. "Chimchar, the Chimp Pokemon." A rather robotic sounding voice sounded off in his head.

"Chimchar...? They could've come up with a more original name for you buddy." He grinned a bit looking at the image of what could be his new companion. Scanning the other room he saw other's finding their own new friends. There was a good feeling about the Pokemon that was encased before him, in Richie's gut. "There's something about you I like little man." Grabbing the ball without a single doubt in his decision to check the other podiums, Richie selected Chimchar, the Chimp Pokemon, to be his starter pokemon.

Back