• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I kind of imagine a dragon (Imagine Dragons?) with a stinger and other insect-like features. I'd have to brainstorm it out but I think I miiiight be able to come up with something pretty cool. Maybe over the weekend I'll think of something and post a description :O

Years
Given the Yanma line are apparently based on dragonflies, I think Yanmega should have been Bug/Dragon. But still, I'm hoping they can pull it off eventually, there could be some good design potential in there. As for weaknesses though it's still got quite a fair bit (Rock, Flying, Dragon, Fairy and Ice) but at least it will be one of those dual Bug typings that isn't Fire-weak.

Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Beautifly

Which bug-type is the best to use defensively? I'd go with either Vespiqueen because of the defense order either Heracross or Pinsir because they can both tank a lot of hits.

Years
Question. Am I the only one upset with some of the mega's for our bug pokemon?

I loath pinsir and heracross, but don't mind scizor's.
Honestly, butterfree of all bugs deserved one the most :(

Though, this would have been better,
Spoiler:

These are two perfect!!! Subtle, but innovative! (unlike some other megalution designs :/)
Spoiler:

Sorry if I sound like a hater. I loved this generation AND the idea of mega's, but I feel let down by several of the designs. (Most of the designs.)

Wicked3DS

Years
Really? I like Pinsir's, it's pretty friggin scary and awesome. Heracross's isn't great and Scizor's is ok but not that great either. I like the ones you posted, I really would like to see a Beedrill Mega Evo at some point.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Beautifly

Which bug-type is the best to use defensively? I'd go with either Vespiquen because of the defense order either Heracross or Pinsir because they can both tank a lot of hits.

Welcome to the club. Awww, a Beautifly, I love her. I have only used Vespiquen once, so I don't know how good she is really, but I have used Heracross a lot and he is good defensively and offensively. My secret weapon when I have a Bug team.

By the way, Dark Avenger, I love that Mega Beedrill, the stingers are more lethal than before.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Preferred username - Pumpjack
Partner Pokémon - Pinsir

127.gif

Team (Non-Competitive)
Spoiler:

As for a defensive Bug, Crustle, Forretress, and Escavalier are pretty obvious answers. Defense is their focus, and they're got some fairly good defensive types as well; with the last two having only the single double weakness and Crustle having just Water, Rock, and Steel types to worry about- Steel types usually not that common offensively. Pinsir's no louch in defensive stats, either- but doesn't really have a movepool to back that up.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username - Pumpjack
Partner Pokémon - Pinsir

127.gif

Team (Non-Competitive)
Spoiler:

As for a defensive Bug, Crustle, Forretress, and Escavalier are pretty obvious answers. Defense is their focus, and they're got some fairly good defensive types as well; with the last two having only the single double weakness and Crustle having just Water, Rock, and Steel types to worry about- Steel types usually not that common offensively. Pinsir's no louch in defensive stats, either- but doesn't really have a movepool to back that up.

Welcome to the club. I like Pinsir, a good battler but nothing to defend himself with. I've used Forretress the most out of the others you've named. He is a fortress, literally. I give him a Rocky Helmet so that the opponent gets some damage from hitting him. I normally use Forretress to set up Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. He ends up going down after this, but the other Pokemon on my team make up for his loss.

Nakala Pri

Hey, on my new Pokemon X team I've got two bug types! :D Whirlipede and Ledian. <3

I friggin love Ledian, it's so bright and beautiful. C:

But his stats are horrible so far so I'll try and improve his moveset, haha.

Years
Preferred username: Connorslad97
Partner Pokémon: Yanma!!
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Yanma, Scizor, heracross, beedrill, pinsir and forretress

And for the topic i reckon forretress or scizor as they are two very good and strong pokemon! Personallly im an old fashioned pokemon player, i rather the first 3 generations. #yanmaisking

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
Yay! A club for me! I love, love, love Bug pokemon!

Preferred username: sweets
Partner Pokémon: Beedrill <3<3<3
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Beedrill, Yanma, Ledian, Masquerain, Shedinja, Beautifly

Also for a defensive bug Pokemon, you really can't go wrong with Vespiquen!

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Connorslad97
Partner Pokémon: Yanma!!
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Yanma, Scizor, heracross, beedrill, pinsir and forretress

And for the topic i reckon forretress or scizor as they are two very good and strong pokemon! Personallly im an old fashioned pokemon player, i rather the first 3 generations. #yanmaisking

Welcome to the club. I remember searching the route outside of National Park, the one after Goldenrod City, for a Yanma because they were so awesome. You have a good team, what moves do they have?

Yay! A club for me! I love, love, love Bug pokemon!

Preferred username: sweets
Partner Pokémon: Beedrill <3<3<3
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Beedrill, Yanma, Ledian, Masquerain, Shedinja, Beautifly

Also for a defensive bug Pokemon, you really can't go wrong with Vespiquen!

Welcome to the club. I like your team as well, especially that you have Shedinja on it. Shedinja is probably my favorite Bug-type at the moment, being almost invincible.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you could retype any Bug-type, which one would it be and why?
Hm, probably Scizor. I'd retype it to fighting-steel, as it looks more like a fighter to me than a bug. :] I'd also change Yanmega's typing to dragon and flying.

Wicked3DS

Years
If you could retype any Bug-type, which one would it be and why?

I'd make Yanmega Bug/Dragon, Flying-type really isn't all that necessary for it if you ask me. I could definitely see Scizor being a Fighting-type, although its torso looks like that of a bug. Otherwise, the only other one I can think would be Venomoth to Psychic/Poison since clearly has strong psychic powers, but it's still very clearly a moth so there's not a great case for that.

Wicked3DS

Years
Triple-typed Pokémon? Oh boy, there's a crazy road to travel down. Flygon would be Dragon/Ground/Bug, Charizard would be Fire/Flying/Dragon, Gyarados would be Water/Flying/Dragon. It would be insanity.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Besides retyping Yanmega as Bug/Dragon to really drive home the idea that it's a hulking beast of the prehistoric era that can eat your face- I can't really see any of the bugs being anything else than what they already are.

Perhaps Pinsir as Bug/Fighting, but I have a bit of a personal vendetta against dual-weaknesses (probably a holdover from my early days, where many of my 'mons would get OHKO'd beccause of such).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pinsir is actually pretty underutilized; if it were to gain fighting as its secondary typing, people would use it even less. :( Though, I wouldn't really mind if it wound up becoming part dark-type; the Pokémon looks sort of fiendish, so if you ask me, it'd be pretty suitable.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Triple-typed Pokémon? Oh boy, there's a crazy road to travel down. Flygon would be Dragon/Ground/Bug, Charizard would be Fire/Flying/Dragon, Gyarados would be Water/Flying/Dragon. It would be insanity.

Tell me about it. It would be something to see though. I know another franchise that has some of their monsters as triple-typed. Pokemon having triple types would mean there would be a big chance in resistances and weaknesses.

Besides retyping Yanmega as Bug/Dragon to really drive home the idea that it's a hulking beast of the prehistoric era that can eat your face- I can't really see any of the bugs being anything else than what they already are.

Perhaps Pinsir as Bug/Fighting, but I have a bit of a personal vendetta against dual-weaknesses (probably a holdover from my early days, where many of my 'mons would get OHKO'd beccause of such).

Pinsir as Bug/Fighting makes sense, as it has a lot of Fighting moves and is a counterpart to Heracross in ways.

Pinsir is actually pretty underutilized; if it were to gain fighting as its secondary typing, people would use it even less. :( Though, I wouldn't really mind if it wound up becoming part dark-type; the Pokémon looks sort of fiendish, so if you ask me, it'd be pretty suitable.

I don't think Bug/Dark has been done yet. Would be interesting to see, and Pinsir's menacing appearance would be ideal for the dual typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back