• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CLOUD v6.66 [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Do any of you guys plan on making humanoid characters as an avatar? I dunno if I want to~

I'm thinking of making a relatively humanoid character. Haven't completely decided yet, but I think it'll be a humanlike person with perhaps non-human bodyparts and strange clothing/accessories.

Or, I might change my mind and go all doggy style on y'all.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, PELLY. THIIIIIIINK
:3

I might just pick a digimon as my avatar though. And maybe dress it up a little. Skymin's giving us too much freedom! It was tough enough to pick my starter for MAO :p

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm thinking of making a relatively humanoid character. Haven't completely decided yet, but I think it'll be a humanlike person with perhaps non-human bodyparts and strange clothing/accessories.

Or, I might change my mind and go all doggy style on y'all.

Cats are superior tbh. n___n

/though dogs are equally awesome/

Mmm, but yeah, it'd be quite the tossle to pick an avatar~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
application for a CLOUD user
FULL NAME: Kaitlyn Vera Victon
DATE OF BIRTH: 02/04/92
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Okanagan Valley, Canada
APPEARANCE: Messy locks of lush brunette hair frame Kaitlyn's fair-skinned face, kept clean and hygienic, but not particularly prim or proper; a fitting description of her entire look. It isn't particularly difficult to style, but she chooses not to out of apathy for fashion and glamor, but she maintains its health diligently.

For the lack of make-up, most would describe Kaitlyn as pretty but plain. Her nose is small and slightly upturned, sitting above a pair of lips that are neither plump or skinny, but that hide a set of perfect, pearly teeth. A slight chin with non-distinct cheekbones form an oval face, besides which a pair of slightly mousey ears sit unmarked by piercings.

The remainder of Kaitlyn's body is hidden behind her clothing, with a bosom that would otherwise get attention kept under chestwraps to avoid unwanted attention. This leaves her with a fairly unremarkable body, kept healthy with nutritious meals and regular exercise, but without enough dedication to build musculature or curves.

Kaitlyn's clothes always consist of something practical to wear, that lets her feel comfortable in most activities and neither too hot or cold for the day ahead. Very few colors decorate her outfits, with only her glasses and a purse as her accessories for day-to-day life on the farm.

Image of Kaitlyn.
USERNAME: Kemono Vera
CURRENT LEVEL: 333
GUILD: None
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Kemono Vera is one of the oldest players of CLOUD, having joined up since it started and adventuring in its world since its creation.

KemonoVera has one of the highest solo kill counts in the game, because of her shirking guilds.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Kemono Vera is a lithe and short Daemon, barely standing up to five feet within the game's engine, with speed to more than make up for it. The most people see of her is a swishing black fox tail or a pair of iridescent yellow eyes in the Wilderness, before she sprints off to the next dungeon.

Her face is a slightly more idealized version of Kaitlyn's own, with slightly higher cheekbones and longer eyelashes, along with thicker and more lustrous hair that bounces wildly with each step. Her yellow eyes and pair of large fox ears are the most distinctive differences, however, and a distinct mutation made only a few years after Kaitlyn first joined CLOUD.

Rather than obscenely audacious robes or armor that glimmers like Seraphim wings, Kemono Vera has used the game's crafting system to create a simple outfit of black tights, with matching soft boots, a baggy top, and handwraps. Her distinctive piece of color is the bright blue scarf wrapped around her neck.

Image of Kemono Vera

other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE: The pluck of guitar strings and beats of a pounding drum resounded through Kaitlyn's mind to induce a glorious reverie through which she could scarcely feel the passing of time. With headphones clenching tightly to her skull, an iPod tucked into the vest of her jacket, and her palm on the mouse with a ridiculous amount of buttons, she was dressed and ready to go out for a walk. There was something that tingled at the back of the young woman's mind, perhaps a snack or two, but they were irrelevant, as her online persona snapped the neck of yet another mini-boss.

Kemono Vera swept up the loot in her arms and threw it into the hammerspace that constantly hovered over her, before sprinting legs carried her through the deceased dungeon and out into the chirping Wilderness, where players would hunt her if they could get a glimpse past her speed. But it was what she was built for, as each step came in tune with Kate's headphones. With no passage of time, she arrived at the Plains in barely any time at all, as she dropped the unwanted loot for newer players of CLOUD to snatch away. It was in this moment of brief inactivity that Kaitlyn's eyes drifted over to the glaring red letters of her alarm clock and spotted the time; the alarm itself having gone off three hours past.

There was a brief twitch of Kaitlyn's eyes at the prospect of almost missing breakfast, but she'd showered and dressed before logging in just for such an occasion. With a series of clicks ingrained into her memory, Kaitlyn closed the CLOUD window and strolled down the stairs with gusto befitting somebody who clearly had been up for three hours already.

The soft scent of spices mixed with outmeal wafted through the sturdy pine door to the family kitchen, where a table fit for a dozen sat in the center with a hand-furnished desktop for cooking lining the far wall. Though the room itself was quiet of ambient noise, the clink of warm bowls being served and fresh orange juice being poured reminded Kaitlyn of the need to remove her headphones.

"Good morning, Kaitlyn." The rumbling voice of her uncle greeted from the head of his table, with muscles fit for carrying lumber and mending machinery instead daintily pinching the handle of a spoon, whose tip sat in the man's own cooked breakfast. He was a dab hand of a man, with a little skill in everything, and a pleasant smile that could make a suffer of depression open up. Indeed, that was something Kaitlyn discovered a few short years ago. "Dressed seriously still, eh? When'll you put those brawny fingers to work at the mill?" Uncle Donny teased the bookish young woman, as she sat between two men of the family.

"Afraid you might break a nail all by yourself, Donny?" A slighter man asked with a raised eyebrow from Kaitlyn's other side; a pair of slate grey eyes passed down to his daughter from behind horn-rimmed glasses. The brothers' teasing was something Kaitlyn had to put up with since childhood, and was something her mother tended to bemoan with a smirk. "What do you say to taking our breakfast to go, and letting Donny paint his nails all by himself, honey?"

"Yeah. Okay." Kaitlyn gave a brief nod, as she and her father took their meals outside the room, with a knowing look from Donny about the young woman's apparent mood drop. Stepping out to meet the morning air, it caress the scarf that hung around Kaitlyn's neck and blew the tiniest piece of heat up to her cheeks. With her cheeks slightly pink, she walked across the lush green farmland with her father, headed towards the forest where their shoes would crunch twigs and only slumbering owls could hear them talk. And, despite her progress, privacy was something Kaitlyn craved.

"Mind if I take a look at your iPod?" Her father asked, a small crease in his otherwise youthful forehead. Kaitlyn gave a small shake of her head in response, using her wrist to balance her bowl as she handed the small device over. It took only a few touches on the screen for the man's frown to deepen, his tech savvyness having served him will in understanding his daughter's mind. "You've been thinking about her, haven't you?" He asked, the hand holding an empty bowl falling slightly limp.

"Maybe." It was pointless to be vague about the answer, but pretending that there was something tangible helped Kaitlyn's recovery so far, and this time would be no different. She swallowed the last of her oatmeal, as her father thought through the last few steps of their walk and they came to the borders of the forest that surrounded their farm, to look out across the fields and pastures, with a river just over yonder that could serve more usefully in Summer days. She lived in a beautiful place, but the seclusion from civilization had caused all of Kaitlyn's problems. It made her resent every soil-sown seed, hand-hewn hut, and curd-creating cow that littered their land.

There was a gentle thud, as Kaitlyn's father joined her in leaning against the cool tree trunk, where they were hidden from the sky by a canopy of leaves. "Honey," His voice was soft and sure. "How about we head to ALTO later, do some business? We can put that noodle of yours to work some more, because the work you did for the family last week was fantastic." There was silence for a moment, before the man's eyes sparkled in a moment of inspiration. "And I may have a secret about the Update everyone's been talking about..."

The last words made Kaitlyn's ears prick up, just as they were expected to. She turned her head against the trunk, to look her father in the eye. "What is it?" She asked, her curiosity and drive for knowledge shining through her experiences with the game to light the flames of enthusiasm.

"Well, a little birdie told me that if you login on the thirteenth, between seven in the morning and a minute after, a sneak peek of the update will be revealed." Kaitlyn's father spoke with a tone of mysticism to his voice, that he most often used when teasing another member of the family, but it served the purpose of fanning the flames of Kaitlyn's enthusiasm well enough, as she shuffled over and gave her taller father a tight hug. She muttered a thanks, but he was just happy to make his daughter smile...

MISCELLANEOUS: Because of the farm's seclusion, Kaitlyn didn't have many friends outside the family and took to online chatrooms at the age of 10, which is where the met her first and only friend.

They joined CLOUD together, and spent five years as pen pals, but, one day, Neko Maria stopped showing up. It was a few months before Kaitlyn gave up, falling into a depression about her gone-forever friend. With the help of the family, and a lot of pills to begin with, she regained her footing and took up the Kemonomimi theme for herself. She still struggles with the depression.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Aw, crap, I read it. -.- It sounds amusing, and now I must join.
Not to mention the five reserved names I see are mah broskis (amirite? huh? WELL?) xD

Oh, but I noticed that, in the "Guilds" section, you wrote both "godspelledbackward" and "godspelledforward". You referenced them as the same person, so I assume that it's a typo?

Reserve me for now. I'll try to get started on my SU, but I'm being threatened by mi madre to do an essay that was due before Christmas Vacation . . . so, I may or may not do that, but either way it'll probably delay my SU a little bit. xD

The warden

I'm back!
Years
application for a CLOUD user
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]FULL NAME: [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nicholas Thompson "Nick"[/FONT]
DATE OF BIRTH: 27/01/1990
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: London UK
APPEARANCE: Nick has short black hair which, unless he has been sleeping recently, he keeps spiked up. His eyes are a sharp blue colour. Nick has a slim build and stands about 5 foot 8 tall, which is rather unremarkable.
Most days Nick has to wear a suit because he is in teacher training. His suit consists of a grey pin stripe trousers and blazer. With this he wears a shirt and tie both of matching colour. In his free time Nick wears rather more relaxed clothes. Normally he wears jeans and a pair of beat up grey trainers. With this he will wear a t-shirt, one he regularly wears is one with his Deamon SnowHeat on it.
USERNAME: SnowHeat
CURRENT LEVEL: 79
GUILD:CLOUD NINE
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: On his account Nick has achieved the rank of master inventor, for the sheer number of items he has managed to produce. In addition to this he has been able to discover a number of new recipes, by some combination of deduction, perseverance and luck. On his account as SnowHeat, Nick has a massive collection of items. This includes the largest collection of bow ties in the Cloud.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Nick's DAEMON is a humanoid penguin, it shares his gender. His penguin has a dark blue back, outside wings and head. It's belly and inside wings are white, in addition to this he has on orange beak and flippers.
Nick likes to collect rare items in the Cloud, he is an inventor of sorts who searches for ways to make new items from odd combinations. This shows in Snow's dress, he wears a black top hat, with a golden cog stuck to the left side of it. A black band is wrapped right round the hat holding the gear in place. On his right eye he wears a monocle with a gold rim and a glass lens which reflects two stripes of light when the light hits it right. Round his neck he wears a bow tie, of his own invention of course, the exact design varies but right now Nick is in a festive mood so it is two holly leaves with a knot made of three berries.
Another item he carries round with him is his pocket watch which has several interesting animations. Firstly when idle Snow will pull the watch out of a non-existent pocket and glance at it. Secondly when running around the game world the watch will fall out and trail round behind him. Though he prefers not to fight there are times when Snow must go into dungeons to find the rare items he needs, as such he may often be seen with his shotgun under his right wing. Hot shotgun affectionately known as "Hot Shot" has two gold barrels with it's name written down the side and a black stock. It is yet another of his inventions and is customize just about as much as is possible with any item, primarily it shoots snowballs but it is able to shoot other ammunition.
other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Nick was partway home on his way back from his day at teacher training in central London. He was changing trains and in one of those rare spots where the odd mobile signal finds its way to get through. Here amongst the isolation a piece of his life contacted him, his other life. His phone buzzed to life, vibrating in his jacket pocket signalling an incoming message. He reached into his pocket and drew his phone out. His mobile internet connection ha updated his Cloud-mail box, giving him a good several items to look over. He disregarded most of them but took notice of one. Opening the message a small winged hand emerged on one side of the screen and slowly moved across the screen, ripping open an envelope.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TO: SnowHeat[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FROM: Century100[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOPIC: Dungeon Tonight[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tonight me and Sam will be starting on Dust again, join us at 7 if you want. I hope you find a darkened ruby shard tonight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Phill[/FONT]
Nick close the message, it was from one of his real life friends, it seemed that he and his girlfriend were going to try another dungeon crawl. Well that would be a help, for a month now Nick had been searching tirelessly for a rare gemstone found only in Dust. The only way of finding a darkened ruby shard was to beat the crimson spectre a mini boss, unless you wanted to buy one. Nick compose a message back to Phill saying that he would be happy to join them later.

MISCELLANEOUS:
OOC: Sorry "d" key nearly broken.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Nevermind. Just reserve me, humble Moderator!
Sure thang! You're reserved!

I'd like to be reserved, if you would be so kind.

I feel the need to ask for my character's sake; what is the social reaction to Cloud? Thoughts on it from Religions, the government, etc. Seems like the myriad of mythological references and the social impact it's had are things to take note of.
And you are reserved~

The government would definitely use it for marketing and as people use it as their main form of interaction, could send important mail through CLOUD because it's so well protected. As for religon... they'd have their own thing too. Basically, anyone with a cell phone has a cloud account.

Give me a reservation as well, pleaseeee! ^^
Alright! Reserved! Yay!

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)...Okay, I think I'll reserve a spot. YOU BROKE ME, OKAY? I GAVE IN ;_;
GOOD! DONE!! RESERVED!!

Oh, but I noticed that, in the "Guilds" section, you wrote both "godspelledbackward" and "godspelledforward". You referenced them as the same person, so I assume that it's a typo?

Reserve me for now. I'll try to get started on my SU, but I'm being threatened by mi madre to do an essay that was due before Christmas Vacation . . . so, I may or may not do that, but either way it'll probably delay my SU a little bit. xD
My bad! Yeah, that's the same person.

OKAY! RESERVED!

I'll read the SUs you guys in a second!!~

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Ermergerd... It seems like you've taken everyone's free will. None can pass this up.

Reserve please~

FULL NAME: Cameron "Cam" Jacobs
DATE OF BIRTH: 07/12/1994
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: New York City, New York, U.S.A.

APPEARANCE: Cam's appearance is that of a simple young man, whose body is obviously one that has been taken care of, both in hygiene and physical fitness, despite his skin's pale tone. His skin however, is easily brought out by his raven black hair and it's messy style. Furthermore, it seems to bring out his facial features most of all, probably do to the close distance between the two. Cam possesses bright blue eyes, sometimes covered by his hair, that seem to emanate a small amount of kindness. He has a pronounced jawline and a distinct nose. Many people tend to say that he is at least a tad bit handsome.

Moving on towards his clothing style, Cameron tends to be more monochromatic than most, preferring neutral colors over many others. This tends to mean that while he will basically anything, it tends to be black, white, or grey. An example being his grey Tee and black jeans. During the colder months, Cam usually has a long-sleeved, trench coat-like jacket and a somewhat large, white scarf.

USERNAME: ShadowTorn
CURRENT LEVEL: 163
GUILD: Daemonhead

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: In terms of achievements, Cam doesn't have much. However, the ones he does have are quite noteworthy.

In CLOUD, he is number three in terms of puzzle solving and code breaking. Due to this, he also happens to be one of Daemonhead's top tacticians and explorers.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: When Cam first joined CLOUD, his biggest problem was creating his avatars, or Daemon to be more precise. He wanted the Daemon to be somewhat intimidating,and with the site's unique character creation system, it was fairly easy.

He chose to give the Daemon a sort of wolf- like creature, yet also gave it a humanoid feel, giving it bipedal capabilities. Being a wolf, ShadowTorn will obviously have the many characteristics of one, such as large, sharp claws and a mouthful of pointed teeth. However, with all the Wolfish features the Daemon carries, it also has some of Cam' s qualities, such as his blue eyes and his raven black hair, though it is obviously longer. When seeing the Daemon, the first concept that comes to mind tends to be 'werewolf'.

ShadowTorn was also given a somewhat unique dressing style. The outfit consists of a sleeveless, vest-like shirt, it's two sides held together by a zipper and multiple buttons. The other half of the outfit is a pair of trousers that end just below the knees. Finally,the outfit is completed by two gauntlet length, fingerless gloves. The gloves each have a set of two buckle-like adornments, obviously used to secure the gloves on.

other

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

MISCELLANEOUS: No idea as of yet~ Descriptions soon.​
[/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ermergerd... It seems like you've taken everyone's free will. None can pass this up.

Reserve please~
You are reserved!! :D

@Lilizuki, you're accepted! Though just for consistency's sake (though it doesn't really matter at all), the special announcement is on the 21st and the pre-announcement (which is the thing that took place in the plot in the first post i wrote (yknow, getting the key and that)) was a week before that (the 14th). Because your character is in Canada and the times given is JST (which is japanese standard time or whatever), the time would be different too.

but it doesn't matter. ;D you're accepted anyway~~~~

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I just noticed something: there's no personality section! What is this sorcery?! D:

Okay, well, somehow I've managed to remain in front of this laptop for hours and I've only done the most basic information . . . I feel like a failure. ;w;
But I am rather excited to try playing as this character. I've never actually written out her details, but over the past few months she's evolved a bit within my head and I've grown attached. She's one of my favorite characters now, methinks. Let's see how it goes.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
See? The black magic has literally destroyed our reasoning... Will anybody be able to resist!? D:

(BTW, is it possible for my character to be a person who helps designing some of the dungeons?)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Must... resist... GAH! This looks to cool to pass up. Reserve me please! ;p
RESERVED, SUCKER!
(BTW, is it possible for my character to be a person who helps designing some of the dungeons?)
I don't mind but the dungeons are randomly generated every floor, so it's not like it would be any benefit to him for doing so. He probably wouldn't be able to work at the company but he could be a freelance programmer or designer or whatever that works for CLOUD. :P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I started out with plans to fix those consistencies, but they got lost while writing it. :v Fixed nao.

Yay~

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Hmm yes hmm... very interesting. Would you kindly reserve me, Good Sir.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

FULL NAME: Osumoto Arakira
DATE OF BIRTH: 11/1/1991
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Kyoto, Japan

APPEARANCE: In real life, Arakira doesn't completely look like the average young Japanese woman. She is from a very rich family and therefore is expected to wear properly feminine but stylish clothing every day, part of it being high heels. Her hair is long and black and she most often keeps it in a thick braid running down her back. She is short and has bright, slanted brown eyes and rather high cheekbones. Her nose is tiny but cute and her lips are narrow. When she allows herself some free time (which is more often than her parents think it should be), she wears long pants and loose blouses as much as she can. She dislikes that the school has always forced her to dress in a special way and that her reputation and position demands the same, albeit with slightly different clothes. She needs glasses when reading since she is far-sighted. Also, she is left-handed.​

USERNAME: Ryuujinx
CURRENT LEVEL: 57
GUILD: Daemonhead

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Most who have had dealings with the company guild Osumoto Biomedicals inside CLOUD at some point know that the daemon Ryuujinx is associated with their heiress Osumoto Arakira. This can be both good and bad. Some businessmen within CLOUD can still be useful for Arakira when she needs a favor or information, while others follow her father's unofficial stance and keep their distance from her.

Ryuujinx does not hold any record for dungeons or arenas since she is still pretty much a noob. Now that she has finally cut herself loose from too overbearing responsibilities in the business sector though, she can focus on nurturing her spirit instead and goes exploring with members of Daemonhead in RAIN as often as she can to grow stronger and find awesome loot. If anything, she might be the one of the guild's most relentless members nowadays.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Ryuujinx appears as a Japanese dragon with a fierce face at first glance but often a clever albeit toothy smile if you look closer. Her eyes are a bright, almost yellow green color with round pupils. Her face is covered in white fur while her long neck and body is covered in white, pearly scales. The mane grows from the ridge of her back, almost all the way down to her tail, and is a mix of black and cerise hair. On her head sits a pair of deer-like horns close to furry deer-like ears. Her black front legs, which double as perfectly able hands, look like a bird's legs and hands, with claws that can be retracted or fully visible depending on if she wants to shake hands with someone or partake in a battle. The claws are painted with a teal color. Her hind legs are a bit sturdier but still have bird-like feet, also with teal claws. Finally, the tail is almost as long as the body and thins out into a small fan of cerise feathers. When she stands up straight, she measures about 6'5" not counting the tail.​

other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

MISCELLANEOUS: Arakira is the heiress of a wealthy Japanese family who founded a successful medicine company called Osumoto Biomedicals and has dealings with many other important companies, such as CLOUD's managers at some level. Ever since she joined CLOUD though, the heiress has started to value other things in life than business.

Ryuujinx was created in 2006 but for personal reasons as well as family and business reasons she hasn't been leveling actively until mid 2011. Arakira was forced to use her daemon for business meetings and other official things like that between 2008 and 2011 and most of her levels still come from that.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back