• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Pokemon: Something To Do With Pineapples Version

If this game is made, would you play it?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If I have free time

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...The names a WIP.

[Idea] Pokemon: Something to do with Pineapples Version

Well, I've had this idea for a while now, and extending it with a fan fiction, I believe it's suitable to be posted as an idea for a game. I just want to see everyone's opinion then maybe indulge in trying to actually make it from the feedback.

Region:

Well, I have a new region planned without a name. It's fairly large, with all the added feature and all. There will be a number of sea routes and caves, too.

Storyline:

You are going to receive your first starter Pokemon, but instead you receive something a little different to what you expected. Instead of the usual option of fire, water or grass Pokemon, you are given a Pineapple. Professor Fructus has recently discovered a new species of Pokemon. For the record it's official name is Komana. She asks you to battle and become a Pokemon Trainer so she can research how a Komana acts in a Pokemon's normal environment.

You accept her offer, and become a well known trainer as you defeat gyms and gain a reputation (as the Pineapple Trainer). But with the rising acknowledgment, a mysterious group claim to know a horrible secret about your Pokemon. Are they lying? or could they be onto something?

Features:

Unique Storyline - There's some twists involved. And there's a Pineapple, your argument is invalid.
Unique Ranking System - Well, this is something that I hope brings a little competitive edge to in-game playing. Every trainer battle you participate in will be recorded and interpreted into a rank against all the other NPC's in this region. Yes, that includes Randoms, Rivals, Villains, Professors, Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, and the Champion. The only ranks that will increase are yours and your Rivals, and naturally the more prestigious trainers will be ranked higher.
In-game Tournaments - In tandem with rank, there will be daily Tournaments to increase your rank, and your cash. In certain cities there will be a large battleground where tournaments take place. Once you get higher ranks, stronger trainers join. Winners receive a cash prize and a number of points in the ranking system. There are rules for the tourney, kinda resembling the Battle Tower.
New Region - There will be an entirely new region to mess around with. I just don't know the name yet.
Minigames - I plan to include mini-games at various places in the main storyline of the game. Just for a little extra fun.
New Trainer Classes - There will be some new trainer classes for you to challenge. The likes include Mime, Snake Charmer, Ringmaster, Acrobat, Trickster and some others.
New method of obtaining Pokemon - Yes, another way to obtain Pokemon: growing them. This only works for obtaining two kinds of Pokemon, but the Pokemon are secret, so no telling.
Intruiging Cities and Gyms - All Gyms and Cities will have a main attraction or something nice in them, to make them all pleasing to the eye.

*Please note: By Cash, I don't intend to give you real money.

Gym Leaders

The Gym Leaders of this region require certain things done to vs them. Some ask for errands, and some have some mini games to do. While others just have a maze in their Gym and Gym Trainers too. Once defeated, Gym Leaders give you their respective badge and a TM. Something a little different in this region is that after two days Gym Leaders are able to be battled again, hooray.

I'll list Gym Leaders here soon, still doing some finalizing of their ideas.

VSSpriteMira2.png
MiraPlatinum.gif
MiraOW.png

Gym Leader #1 - Mira

LucyVSSprite.png
SpriteLucy.png
Pokemon_world_People_Overworld_by_Kymotonian.png

Gym Leader #2 - Lucy

Well, that's it for now. Please rate, comment and critique what I have so far. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
This just sounds amazing. Seriously.

I was reading through expecting another generic get a pokemon, save the world, oh team x yada yada yada. But didn't see the pineapple comming.

It's so crazy it has to work. :D

You should just go ahead and name it Pokémon Pineapple Version.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
This just sounds amazing. Seriously.

I was reading through expecting another generic get a pokemon, save the world, oh team x yada yada yada. But didn't see the pineapple comming.

It's so crazy it has to work. :D

tumblr_lka3z9SKwZ1qbgfw1.gif

Ahhh, thank you :)
The Pineapple is the key to the mystery, as you may find out soon :) .

You should just go ahead and name it Pokémon Pineapple Version.

Yeah, I think I might :P .

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Pokemon: The Quest for the Golden Pineapple.

Do eet, naow!

Anyways, good game you've got goin'. I hope you finish it. =D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Should I organize a team to actually make this game?

I have extremely high standards, so I would make sure it's good quality.
Which sounds a little hypocritical, considering I don't know the first thing of game development :/ .

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Update with Ideas!

Okay guys, I haven't received much feedback, but I am extremely grateful for the ones I have received. To excite people more, I have some new ideas for the game, and hope to implement if I can.

Custom Gym Leader Battle Backgrounds - Quite a mouthful, but I don't know the correct name. What I mean is that instead of having the same ordinary background for each battle, each Gym Leader will have a custom one. It will be deprived from the Gym Leader's Pokemon, interests, or the Gym's decor.
New Moves - Well, I only have a couple for sure, and most will be given out as TM's from Gym Leaders. I currently have two little ideas, which will be listed below. I also have a move that doesn't have a name, but it is the same as rapid spin, only ghost type.

Name | Type | Category | Accuracy | Power | Second Effect Chance | Description
Sever |
t_ftg.png
| Physical | 90% | 60 | 20% | The user lands a sword-like strike directed to the opponent, it has a chance to lower the opponents defence and special defence.
Underestimated |
t_nrm.png
| Physical | 100% | 50 | None | If the opponent is at a higher evolution stage, the power of this move is doubled.
Glass Tornado |
t_stl.png
| Special | 100% | 40 | None | The attacker sends shards of glass to whirlpool around the opponent. The opponent is surrounded for 3-5 turns.
Calculate |
t_nrm.png
| Status | -- | -- | -- | The user calculates then demonstrates a dance to increase Special Attack by 2 stages.
Skim |
t_fly.png
| Physical | 85% | 65 | None | The attacked dips downwards and attacks their opponent. If used on a water type, power is doubled.
Quicksand |
t_grd.png
| Status | -- | -- | -- | The user summons quicksand to trap the opponent. The opponent is trapped for 5 turns on the ground.
Reptail |
t_psn.png
| Physical | 95% | 70 | 20% | The user swings its' tail and strikes the opponent. The opponent has a chance of flinching.

Other Move Ideas: Devil's Snare, Perspire

Gym Leader #1

Hey guys, I'm here to report a draft of who I have in mind for the first Gym Leader. Following my fan fiction, it is a female of the teenage persuasion. Maybe even younger. She should be familiar to those who entered Wayward Cave in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. With her pink hair, I formally introduce the first Gym Leader!

VSSpriteMira2.png
MiraPlatinum.gif
MiraOW.png

Gym Leader #1 - Mira

Yep. She's back. You will find out why she's in this new region, and why she's a Gym Leader. Her sprite is subject to change, as frankly I don't like it. Despite being a young trainer, she is actually adept at battling and managed to conquer most of her opponents while battling to claim her title.

She battles with Pokemon she defines as cute, so naturally she is one of the easiest Gym's in the region. But that is no reason to take her lightly.
She also makes an appearance in tournaments, with a rather quintessential team for such a small girl. Her petite appearance is one way she tricks her opponents into underestimating her.

Mira's Pokemon
Spoiler:

The Gym Design

Mira's Gym is located in either the first or second city you cross. Her Gym looks like her playhouse; and in a sense it is. The walls are striped pink and purple, and plush toys are decorating it. There are two Gym Trainers, one boy toddler and one girl toddler. You can maneuver around one of them, but the other is unavoidable. I am currently sketching a layout to give you an insight into what it looks like.

Gym Trainer's Pokemon

Spoiler:

There is no puzzle for this gym, and it is simply a room.

When Defeated

When defeated, Mira will refuse to give you a badge, calling the battle a practice. She claims her best Pokemon is lost in a nearby Route, and won't give you the badge until you find it, return it to her and have rematch.

If you find her Pokemon, and enter the Gym, Mira will be having an argument with her dad. Her dad tells her she knows that the lost Pokemon was not her best, and it is an excuse so she doesn't have to admit losing. Her father explains how a Gym Leader must be fair and impartial, even if the effect will hinder themselves. Mira then hands you a Cute badge, along with the TM Underestimated.

In Tournaments

In tournaments, Mira's team will be a lot tougher, but with a flat level. There are still deprived from cuteness, but they also pack a punch.

Mira's Tournament Team

Spoiler:

----

So please, any comments or critiques are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
lol toddler trainers XD

Looks good, the underestimated move is a really good idea. It's good.

Thank you :)
It's so people don't just plow through teams with a fully evolved Pokemon :) .

I'll try to think of more moves.

Also, I've halfway through sketching Mira's gym. It's a little crappy, so forgive me.
I'll scan and upload it when it's done :)

Okay, I finished updating Mira's tournament Pokemon.
I am currently working on a sketch of Mira's Gym. It's a rough layout.
It will be changed immensely.

Okay, so I managed to finish the sketch of what I'm debating to be the background to the Gym Battle Against Mira.

But it turned out so ugly and horrible I'll spare everyone's eyes and not show it.

I have ideas for about 3 or 4 more Gyms, I'm just trying to decide what order they will be in.

----

Want to see this happen?

Okay, if it wasn't obvious enough, I am actually updating this thread. This is a major surprise, as usually I have the attention span of a fish and don't finish anything I start. But this is something I really want to see happen.

So, I want to organize a team to get this started. I want professional looking maps, sprites and coding, so I will soon organize something to ask for peoples help. I haven't made the team yet, as I want to be certain that people will want to play this game, and be willing to help. So I have a poll prepared to see everyone's opinions.

---

And, yet again, I would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has given me feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
I just passed by the game development threads. and came upon this genius... The first gym Leader, Mira, seems really good. What I don't understand is why the Gym community what expect such a young girl as a Gym Leader...

If I guess right we will see Buck, Marley and them too? I really want to see Marley be a Leader :3

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
This sounds great. Love the uniqueness of it, and using past characters as Gym leaders is a great idea. I can't wait to see some screenshots and get some more info on this. Keep up the good work.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
growing pokemon!! seriously, what would you do, plant a bulbasaur in the ground and wait for it to grow into a tree and sprout eggs, actually that would be pretty cool, keep up the good work.
flamemaster~

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I just passed by the game development threads. and came upon this genius... The first gym Leader, Mira, seems really good. What I don't understand is why the Gym community what expect such a young girl as a Gym Leader...

Hehe, that will be clear soon.

If I guess right we will see Buck, Marley and them too? I really want to see Marley be a Leader :3

I've been dwelling on the idea, but it's a long shot.

This sounds great. Love the uniqueness of it, and using past characters as Gym leaders is a great idea. I can't wait to see some screen shots and get some more info on this. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, I'll try to make this happen :)

growing pokemon!! seriously, what would you do, plant a bulbasaur in the ground and wait for it to grow into a tree and sprout eggs, actually that would be pretty cool, keep up the good work.
flamemaster~

Actually, growing pokemon only works for one or two special Pokemon. I won't reveal any more on that matter :) .

Also, I made Mira a VS Sprite, it's almost done :)
VSSpriteMira-3.png

Just working the kinks in the face.

----------

Gym Leader Update!

Well, with the positive feedback to Mira as the first Gym Leader, I thought it may be due time to introduce the second leader. This Gym Leader has Pokemon that resemble snakes. Funny story, as this Gym Leader is from Hoenn. She had a harsh phobia of snakes, but her attitude changed when one helped her when she was lost in Petalburg Woods. She traveled to this region for a vacation, but enjoyed the battles and the landscape so much she stayed. To gain her title she trampled flowers and braved storms, and came out on top. Introducing the former Pike Queen, Gym Leader Lucy!

LucyVSSprite.png
SpriteLucy.png
Pokemon_world_People_Overworld_by_Kymotonian.png

Gym Leader #2 - Lucy

Another appearance from the old generations. I was planning to make this Gym Leader a male, but I really suck at spriting, so I plan to revamp this one. The VS Sprite is a WIP, I need to fix it. Lucy doesn't waste time on idle chit-chat, and she prefers to battle straight away. That is, if you can reach her.

Lucy only battles with Pokemon that resemble snakes, or have a snake-like structure. Be careful, as her Pokemon will waste no time in coiling themselves around you.

Lucy's Pokemon
Spoiler:

Gym Design

Well, for this Gym I've had a number of ideas. I'm not sure which one I should use, so I thought I would let you decide. The ideas are as follows:
1. This Gym is like a maze, but instead of walls, there are pots. These pots are either empty, containing Snake Charmers (who you'll have to battle), or a wild Pokemon. As you pass certain certain pots, you'll encounter all three before meeting Lucy.
2. This Gym is full of portals. To access these portals, you have go through pots. Similar to what was mentioned before, the pots will either be portals, Snake Charmers, or a wild Pokemon. Lucy will be waiting in the center of the Gym.
3. This Gym is set out like a game of snakes and ladders. You follow the board, eventually coming across a lever which must be pulled. This will activate a dice, and it will either land on a snake or a ladder. If you land on a snake, you have to battle a Snake Charmer before proceeding. If you get ladders, you can continue without battling. Lucy will be waiting at the final square.

Gym Trainer's Pokemon

Spoiler:

When Defeated

When defeated, Lucy will present you with a Keratin Badge and the TM Reptail. She will then proceed to tell you to visit the next town, which has a grand attraction awaiting our hero/heroin.

In Tournaments

In tournaments, Lucy is a true battler. She keeps her snake like Pokemon, but adds more to her party just to keep predictions down.

Lucy's Tournament Team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
i decided to fix this up for you.
newface.png

gave her a more relaxed face.
and fixed some shading.