• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I don't understand how enabling production of later games makes the earlier ones better as games per se.
Shouldn't the gameplay be the one and only thing to matter in that question?

If one takes nostalgia completely out of the question, There is actually very little that makes the older games statistically better than the newer ones. The newer ones have better longevity, are more complex and provide pretty much higher quality gameplay. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though.

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years

Every single Pokémon game is equal because they're all versions of the same game. None are better or worse because it's all more or less the same thing. Please remove your nostalgia goggles for best effect. /Started with GENIII.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

That's like saying that playing every single version of Mario is the same because it's all the same game. And it's not. The newest games do indeed trump the others in most aspects. Just compare Gen V to Gen IV which were both on the same exact console. Gen V is better in terms technical aspects: It runs faster and with more going on. In both battle and in the overworld. And they're both running on the same exact hardware. Additionally, Gen V is truly the first time you're playing the "same exact game" since you start out with a completely new set of Pokemon and are stuck with it until the end of the the main quest. All the games before Gen V could be compared to expansion packs where you get some of the same old Pokes you always had but with the addition of some new ones. Black and White were truly the first "new" games in the main series since the beginning.

Also, the old games were glitched like crazy.
EqA0L.png

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I'd love a quality Pokémon game with even more originality plotwise, more sandbox play and sidequests, greater visuals (even though it's Nintendo we're talking about, surely they're capable of better graphics than BW on the 3DS), and with only existing Pokémon available (preferably mostly gen 1 ones).
And functioning mechanics is pretty standard nowadays of course.

But hey, I'm just a fan, so obviously I can't suggest something like this.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

And yet you see retro freaks complain about 5th gen. anyways. (That was a fun read, I must say.)

I would still love a Pokemon game that covers all the primary regions (i.e. no Fiore, Almia, Oblivia, Orre (sob), etc.). ...Though, I guess it could kill potential gen. remakes, but Idk.

Edit: Wait... Shedinja can have Final Gambit? BWAHAHAHAHA. /I know it's an Egg Move and probably better-suited for Ninjask, but STILL

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I used to want a game that had ALL the mainstream regions as a kid, but it would be quite difficult to properly pull off, I reckon. Though if they managed to mix them well, and bring them in a new light somehow (as well as taking care of the overleveling problem in such a long game), then it would be quite cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I kinda wished that too, hoping it wouldn't get redundant or anything, haha~
Zapdos needs to hurry up and get LightningRod from DW so that I can use it in my OU Rain Team~~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
28. No not really, TBH I actually enjoyed White a lot more than I did Blue.

And holy crap I got ninja'd again, then again this is what happens when I go to bed at 8AM.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

OMG, this brought tears to my eyes:

Spoiler:

So beautiful, hnnnngh. Why can't humans be just like dogs. They don't care about being different or about others being different and their love is unconditional.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
30. For a second, you all had me confused here, as I thought I was in the game development section.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I looked at Nichijou, but it just seemed a bit too unusual for me, ehehe. /says the one who is so far very much enjoying Penguindrum and also likes otome games where you date birds

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I liked Azumanga. Maybe it's 'cause it was one of the first dozen series I was introduced to (no thanks to my stepsisters). Also Yotsuba&!.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I think Azumanga is one of those anime I watched one or two episodes of, but never continued after that. Yeaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back