• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Hack: Pokemon Iridescent [Complete]

Years
Good news! Now the included README file has a pokedex with all the locations of pokemon in Kanto! Sevii Islands haven't been recorded yet, but that's next on the list.

Also...while recording all the locations I found some really random errors with fishing and surfing encounters...so I updated them. Not a big deal if you don't want to patch again, but the encounters in the README won't be 100% accurate.

POKEMON IRIDESCENT 1.2

Years
Pokemon Iridescent 1.3

Thanks to KoopaConor, The Starf is a Lie, and bfroger6 at the nuzlocke forums for their input on this!

Route 9-10 encounters have been updated to make grinding less tedious.
There are a couple more warning NPCs to hopefully guide the plot along (no required events though, so if you don't talk to people...).
Edited the 7th and 8th gym leaders' teams a bit to make them more balanced.
Route 3 receives a major makeover.
Cut has an increased crit ratio.
Gligar evolves at lvl 35.

Also the OP now has a known glitches section at the bottom, so you can look at that if something is going wrong for you.

As always, comments/criticisms/questions are welcome!

Years
Porygon was supposed to be in the Pokemon Mansion, but I may have accidentally erased it from there while making edits. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with my hacking tools since I just upgraded to windows 8, so I can't give exact info atm.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Loving this hack soooooooo much. Really great work. Not a big fan of Fakemon in games but I really like the way you went about it! Great work.

Years
So thanks in large part to the nuzlocke runs of KoopaConor and The Starf is a Lie (also bfroger6 and DarkNymfa), I've got another update for you.

This version mostly just fixes glitches and inconsistencies, but a few things of note:
Route encounters in desert path have been slightly altered.
X-Scissor is now physical, as it should be.
Tile glitches in Vermillion fixed.
A few things were altered around Lavender and Celadon to make the order of events more clear. If you are in and around this part of the game, I would suggest NOT patching until you've defeated Cole at least, or things may get screwy.

I would also advise to patch over a clean fire red ROM each time instead of over the previous version, as there have been reports of very odd bugs when patched incorrectly.

Oh, and I guess you want a link.

Pokemon Iridescent 1.4

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2014
In risk of sounding extremely slow i will ask anyway lol..how do u play this..better question is this able to play on an emulator on an android phone because i downloaded ypur game nd im lost from here..please help..would love to try your hack

Years
To play on your phone you'll first have to use a computer to patch my IPS file onto a Fire Red ROM using LIPS or something similar. Once you've done that, save the ROM onto your SD card or email it to yourself to get it on your phone. From there it should open just fine.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Ughh.. Viroach has shuckles moveset stats and icon... do you intend to make it like that? or am I the only one who noticed it?

Years
Viroach does have the same icon...mostly because my first spriter didn't finish all the sprites and my second doesn't know how to make icons.

The stats and moveset are similar, which is why shuckle was the mon removed to make room for it. However they have actually been changed a bit.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
I'm stuck idk what to do. I have five badges but I don't know where to go. When I'm moving to places I'm getting denied by the guards. Help!?

Years
If you've got 5 badges your next destination should be Cinnabar. Surf is from one of Oak's Aides if you don't have that already.

Back