• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My New Gen V Team!

Snorelacks

I really need help with this team that I envision, thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Lead
Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Timid
Nasty Plot
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spe/252 SpAtk
This is standard, but it's still Zoroark. Fast, hard-hitting, awesome. Nasty Plot combos well with Focus Sash. Night Daze is a more powerful Dark Pulse, and is a STAB Special Attack. Flamethrower and Focus Blast provide great coverage.

Bulky Swords Dance
Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Swords Dance
Roost
X-Scissor
Bullet Punch
EVs: 216 HP/252 Spe/40 Atk

Scizor is one of the best and bulkiest, so I mixed it up a bit. The Occa Berry lets it survive a strong STAB fire attack. Swords Dance further boosts its STAB technician attacks. X-Scissor is a good, strong STAB attack, and so is Bullet Punch. Roost restores its bulkiness.

Physical Sweeper
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
ExtremeSpeed
Outrage/Dragon Claw
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Inner Focus? What? No Multiscale? Yes. Inner Focus is actually fairly useful. Without Roost, Multiscale doesn't work well. Dragon Dance allows a Sweep. Fire Punch gets rid of Steels and 4x weak Pokemon. ExtremeSpeed picks off the weakened (and OHKOes frail leads like Zoroark) and is especially good when I'm switching into a weakened opponent. Outrage or Dragon Claw is another decision I really need help making, as Dragon Claw lets you use other attacks but Outrage has a solid 60 more power after STAB but locks you for a while and then confuses you. EVs are spread for maximum sweeping potential.

Special Wall/Bulky Special
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast
Calm Mind
EVs: 252 SpDef/200 SpAtk/56 Def

Um... not much to say here. Great coverage, Calm Mind ups walling and attacking power.

Physical... awesomeness.
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Spore
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Substitute
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Again, great coverage, but this time with Sleep support. Awesome all-out attacker and my all-time favorite Pokemon.

I dropped Hydreigon out of the equation altogether. This is what I'm using in replacement.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
(Forget the EVs, I'll have them in a while)

Thanks PC!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Zoroark is more of a lead than Scizor in this case, so I would put him in that spot. Not like it matters cause of team preview though.

Scizor prefers Bug Bite because Technician actually gives it the edge over X-Scissor in terms of power.

Dark Pulse >> Night Daze imo, higher accuracy and chance to flinch make up for power, but that's your call.

If you want a Dragon Dance user, Haxorus and Salamence do a much better job than Dragonite, who is better with the bulky DD set with DD/Dragon Claw/EQ(?) or Fire Punch/Roost and Multi-Scale. Full Offensive Dragon Dance though is much better done by Mence or Haxorus when it comes to the dragons.

Reuniclus wants a Life Orb and Recover >> Shadow Ball because Magic Guard blocks LO recoil and gives you more power. Shadow Ball is an eh choice for Reuniclus because most stuff it wants to hit with Shadow Ball can take it down with one shot if Reuniclus is unboosted.

I used to run that Breloom set, so I can tell you that it simply does not work in this metagame. Try Spore/Seed Bomb/Sub/Focus Punch or Stone Edge. Substitute is crucial to Breloom.

Scarf Hydreigon would much rather prefer Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Surf/U-Turn. Mixed Hydreigon isn't that great of an idea, and Mence pulls it off better and has higher speed to boot.

I'll be back... *walks out Ahnuld style*

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
for your scizor i highly suggest u turn over x scissor since you are using it as a lead. u turn will help you scout the opponent and it gets you out of there.

since you are not running a weather team it will be hard for you to counter any decent weather team you face. your dragonite looses out to rain abuser dragonite with multi scale and your team is hurt by sand rush excadrill, who can juts x scissor breloom and zoroark and hydreigon and reuniclus for the OHKO and rock slide dragonite for a lot of damage. the only thing it doesn't hit super effectively is scizor. =/

anyways i hope you take this into consideration.

Snorelacks

Zoroark is more of a lead than Scizor in this case, so I would put him in that spot. Not like it matters cause of team preview though.

Scizor prefers Bug Bite because Technician actually gives it the edge over X-Scissor in terms of power.

Dark Pulse >> Night Daze imo, higher accuracy and chance to flinch make up for power, but that's your call.

If you want a Dragon Dance user, Haxorus and Salamence do a much better job than Dragonite, who is better with the bulky DD set with DD/Dragon Claw/EQ(?) or Fire Punch/Roost and Multi-Scale. Full Offensive Dragon Dance though is much better done by Mence or Haxorus when it comes to the dragons.

Reuniclus wants a Life Orb and Recover >> Shadow Ball because Magic Guard blocks LO recoil and gives you more power. Shadow Ball is an eh choice for Reuniclus because most stuff it wants to hit with Shadow Ball can take it down with one shot if Reuniclus is unboosted.

I used to run that Breloom set, so I can tell you that it simply does not work in this metagame. Try Spore/Seed Bomb/Sub/Focus Punch or Stone Edge. Substitute is crucial to Breloom.

Scarf Hydreigon would much rather prefer Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Surf/U-Turn. Mixed Hydreigon isn't that great of an idea, and Mence pulls it off better and has higher speed to boot.

I'll be back... *walks out Ahnuld style*

I'll make Zoroark the lead, I was thinking about it anyway.

I know about Bug Bite, I just don't and never will have the resources for it.

I think I'll keep Night Daze.

Dragonite is another favorite of mine, and as a result I hate Salamence. I'll never use it, sorry. I used Haxorus in a different game, but Dragonite's bulk, to me, makes up for more Speed and Attack. What good is it to Dragon Dance and then get KOed right away?

Hm... LO does sound like a good idea. So maybe Dragonite gets Leftovers then?
I'll use Recover, too.

So I could run this Breloom set?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Spore
Seed Bomb
Substitute
Mach Punch/Stone Edge/Facade

Or does Mach Punch have to come out of the equation all together?
I've used the all-out Breloom set before; this team is only half-new, and it seems to work... I'll use Sub, Spore, and Seed Bomb but what about the last move?

For Hydreigon, can I use a Specially-Based mixed attacker?
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Surf
Earthquake

Like that?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
The thing is with the Dragon/Flying types is that they will go down quickly to an Ice Beam anyways. If you're concerned about bulk, Salamence can also run a bulky Dragon Dance set with tweaked EVs and Intimidate, and has higher offensive statistics and decent bulk to boot. If you're insistent on Dragonite I recommend switching to the Bulky DD set with Multi-Scale to really make a good use of its bulk. Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw (don't want to be locked into Outrage)/Fire Punch (?) /Roost.

That last slot on Breloom could be Mach Punch if you wanted. Other good options are Stone Edge, Focus Punch, and Leech Seed. Leech Seed could actually be a good benefit to this particular team, so it could be an option to consider.

Hydreigon can use Specially based mixed, but Earthquake isn't the best idea for that scenario, mainly because of Air Balloon running rampant. Outrage could be a possibility as well if you don't mind the lock. U-Turn is generally preferred for scouting purposes, however.

Snorelacks

Maybe I could go Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/U-Turn/Earthquake and drop Surf altogether?

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
What exactly does Earthquake or Thunder Fang hit harder than any other move you have? Nearly nothing. The same Gyarados gets maimed by Draco Meteor and Blissey takes nill from either physical attacks. Go with the moveset Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Dark Pulse @ Timid nature. U-Turn is also acceptable in the last slot because Hydreigon's a fairly good scout.

Snorelacks

I do really want it to be a mixed attacker, so at least one physical attack is in order. Maybe this?
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse/Focus Blast
Earthquake/U-Turn

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
Well, personally I'd just scrap the meteors and replace it with Dragon pulse. It's weird I know, but to me a sweeper isn't something that throws a Draco meteor which halves its Sp.ATk and then gets away with a uturn. You get STAB with it anyways, plus life orb which will probably give it about the same power as DM. I'd also suggest you run a timid nature for him. Also, for the last slot I recommend Surf. It's really useful as well because of coverage. Dark Pulse can be used over Focus Blast because of both STAB and better accuracy.
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 spd, 4 def.
Nature:Timid
Item: Life Orb

That's there for reference in case you haven't changed the EVs already.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What exactly does Earthquake or Thunder Fang hit harder than any other move you have? Nearly nothing. The same Gyarados gets maimed by Draco Meteor and Blissey takes nill from either physical attacks. Go with the moveset Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Dark Pulse @ Timid nature. U-Turn is also acceptable in the last slot because Hydreigon's a fairly good scout.

I would like to second this.

U-Turn is the thing to do on Hydreigon. The point is to use Draco Meteor, hit them with a U-Turn, and get out of dodge so your Special Attack stays intact. Plus, Hydreigon is a good scout. Surf does have a place on Hydreigon, but there are bigger and better things it can do for more coverage. It's up to you.

Also, Breloom want's Sub + Focus Punch.

As for Dragonite, I'm with you. I like my Dragonite, and Multiscale has been a real blessing.

I've been running Brick Break / ExtreemSpeed / Fire Blast / Draco Meteor @ Quiet.

It's a little quirky, being Mixed and what not, but it works for me and my team so I rather enjoy it. However, it might not work or you.

When it comes down to it, Skip Shot it right, there are much better DD abusers than Dragonite. So, I abandoned it all together for a Dragon that can take an Ice Beam and have priority. Still, all out offense should be reserved for those who can use it effectively. If you only want a Physical Sweeper, than just use Mence.

Good luck with your team!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Hydreigon isnt worth going mixed tbh, its outclassed severely by Salamence/Dragonite/Latios in that regard.

If you want a mix set use this;

Latios@Life Orb
252 SAtk /252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Surf

Psyshock beats Bliss.

Reuniclus is better with max hp and defense with Bold. It capitalizes on its defense and the fact that you already have Calm Mind.

Leads dont exist anymore (apart from D-S) with the advent of team preview so dedicating a spot solely to one is foolish when they can simply start with something that beats your dedicated lead.

Regardless this team has many issues, you have no defense against anything fast or hard hitting. Priority helps i guess with that, but lack of ability to check weather threats such as Venusaur and Excadrill is very concerning. So id get something to change the weather back into your favour. Scarf Aboma is fun for ruining other weathers, but it needs Rapid Spin support. So you could look into that.

Breloom is also pretty meh this metagame, everyone has a way of stopping it easily (Sup Poison Heal Gliscor). Virizion would be better as it can switch into Politoed's Drizzle Hydro Pumps which nothing on this team can do. Nite is 2hko'd with SR up.

Also Occa Berry doesnt help Scizor as its still KO'd by fire moves regardless, use Leftovers. Also i prefer more special bulk so Latios doesnt KO you with Draco Meteor. 232 HP / 96 Att / 180 Sp.Def.

You also lack Stealth Rock so you lose out on many KO's.

Hope this helps a little.I may come back later.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You need need need Multi-Scale on Dragonite. It's what makes it useful. Even when it "doesn't work well w/o Roost", it still gives you one nearly scot-free turn to set up or do whatever. Every single set Dragonite runs would much rather have Multi-Scale than Inner Focus, even when you don't have Roost. It's really vital to making Dragonite better than Salamence; if you're stuck with Inner Focus, might as well just use Mence who has a better Speed stat to abuse and Intimidate and everything.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You don't really need all that Speed on Scizor on its current set; it's better like this: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef so that it can take hits a lot better. Also, Scizor still takes massive damage from Fire attacks even with the Occa Berry.

Reuniclus needs more bulk (Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk). The lack of Special Attack EVs can be made up for with Calm Mind.

TBH, Rocky Helmet isn't worth it on Ferrothorn, even with Leech Seed. You can restore more HP if you combine Leech Seed with Leftovers. The standard Ferrothorn runs 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef.

Back