• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2021
I do love playing gen1-3 on an emulator as its a great way to play the older games that you may have never played, the speed up button helps too :)

The emulators for the GBA games are alot better than any of the DS emulators I have tried and I still think that you cant beat holding the console in your hands and taking it everywhere.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Whenever I feel the need to playing a Pokémon game, doing it through roms and emulators is pretty much what I've consulted to doing, ever since I made the biggest mistake of my life a few years ago by giving away my oh so once beloved Gameboy Advance SP together with my collection of Gameboy Colour and Gameboy Advance games. That was a decisions I've really dreaded, though if I hadn't done that, I may never even have joined the community.

Anyways, yes, I do play Pokémon on my computer.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I play the Gameboy games (GB, GBC, GBA) emulated on VBA, but I play DS games on a real DS because it lags too much. I also use TGBDual for trading (Alakazam, Gengar)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
When I'm at home I play on emulator (VBA), to conserve battery, when I'm not home I take GBA along with me.

Years
I play all the different GB and GBA and GBC on VBA. I play HG and Black on DS. I play Mystery Dungeon Ranger and Diamond on Desmume. I play USA conquest on desumume.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
I haven't got a DS/GBA but I have played on them, it is MUCH more enjoyable imo but I only play on emulators

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I only played the 3rd Gen games on emulators, as I only have Ruby. But yeah, nothing beats the real deal.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I only use an emulator for recording purposes. Not that I feel any "shame" in it, I just always buy Pokemon games so might as well not have to worry about frames or crashing.

PokeMMO

Squirtle
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
You could say that I also play Pokemon on my computer but it is a different type of pokemon.

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
Emulators are some times kind of glitchy but they are helpful in some ways..

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Gen I and II I played on my GBC, past that all on emulators because of speed button and ease of using AR codes.

I used a lot the official Dodrio Tower in the Stadium games for Gen I and II, saved a lot of time! Seems even Nintendo acknowledged grinding is boring. :D

Pinta77

I hate playing on my computer mainly because of the setup. It's in an uncomfortable spot. But i do play on my iphone :)

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
If I used an emulator, it would be too tempting to abuse the save state and turbo modes. I would be able to grind levels extremely fast that way, reload state over and over until a status effect works, never miss a Pokeball catch, etc. (eliminating the chance factor of Pokemon) basically making the game too easy. I know it's a simple "well just don't do it", but I consider it a time saver more than cheating. Still, I like playing on the actual Gameboy/DS to prevent myself from being too tempted to "save time."

Pinta77

Reloading save state would be too much work for me. Even on VBA and gpsPhone i save the right way.

I used to use save states when i played mother 3, but one day i had so many saves that i couldnt find the right one >.<

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
I do!

I play it on my cell phone when i'm out, then transfer the save to my PC when i'm at home. Bigger screen! :D

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I have mostly moved on to flash carts. One for the DS and a second one for the GBA. I still have Visual Boy Advance but that's reserved for the few problem games with RTC plus everything involving the Game Boy Color and monochrome brick.

Back