• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Too bad we still have to wait for the final evolutions of 6th gen. I really liked Froakie's second evo the most

May not reveal the final forms leaving us to find out what they are on our own. Since you know the next CoroCoro won't be out until after the release date and the leaks will either appear the day before if not the day of. So I don't see them having a big X and Y update in the next issue unless something was said and not passes around. This is pretty much the last update through the magazine. We have roughtly 3 or 4 more Pokemon Smash episodes, but they don't tend to give much, and 3 or 4 weeks of Pokemon.com possible updates all of which not likely to host any huge info either.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I believe Chespin's line will be a Chestnut's stages.First the seed,then the chestnut and then the chestnut breaks in half open and BOOM chespin's final evo is on four legs with a huge spikey shell on its back.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Thought I should bring this to everyone's attention:

I'm going to go ahead and predict that we're going to get a Grass/Steel Pokemon this time around for Chespin's final evo. Not that this is a bad thing by any chance, since Ferrothorn already shares this type and is greatly valued by it's overall bulk and number of resistances. If this is true, then Chespin's final evo could actually serve as a rather good check towards fairy-types, something I'm definitely looking forward to.

Did you translate the entree from the corocoro image?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Fennekin's head is quite big for its body. I sure hope the fully evolved form looks badass :)

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
Evolved Forms of X & Y's starter pokemon revealed!

So I saw the official pokemon twitter page post a video up of the 2nd evolution forms of our X & Y starter pokemon and all I gotta say is that froakie has the best 2nd evolution form. Fennikin turns into some fire/fairy type and holds a wand looking thing. Also mewto has 2 means evolution forms depending on what game you have ! Plus they showed garchomp and his mega evolution! Pretty bad ass. But what did you all think about the x and y evolutions for the starters?

Years
Okay, so after seeing Chespin's evolution in battle in the new video, I'm inclined to pick Chespin again. It's evo doesn't look like a balloon in the fight so yay!! I'm happy once again.

Years
So with the new trailer revealed, I'm more excited than ever about Chespin's 2nd evo, as it's even cuter than I thought it was! What is everyone else's thoughts?

For anyone that hasn't watched the trailer yet, you can take a look at it here~!

I really don't understand why the video change alot of people's opinion about chespin, for it not look any different from what we saw in the corocoro

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I really don't understand why the video change alot of people's opinion about chespin, for it not look any different from what we saw in the corocoro

It kind of does. When I saw it in the video I was a little shocked honestly. It's just the different angles and the way it's rendered. I actually like it less after seeing the video.. But I'll still pick Chespin on the first go I think.

Years
My view on Chespin's evo has always been the same. I suppose it was because it's one of those Pokemon that takes a while to warm up to, I suppose? I do think it's kinda silly that the hate train started just because Chespin gained some weight. .__.;

Actually ever since I saw his evo I got more interest in him.
Most pokemon which been covered by caccon, golem or something like it becoming something tottally different(look at Salamance which evolve from shelgon, and Tyranitar which evolve from pupitar).

By the way, the fact that chespin doesn't change alot making me believe that he will evolve at level 14, I think froakie and fennekin will evolve at level 16-17

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
With the recent screen shots shown, Braixen looks kinda mischievous with that smirk lol.

30.jpg

31.jpg

Guy

just a guy
Years
I like the explanation they give for the stick on its tail. At least it doesn't seem like it's just there. Also, the screenshot of its stick on fire looks cool!

Since Fennekin's bio said it ate on a lot of twigs... "Once Fennekin evolves into Braixen, it no longer eats branches. But it still keeps a tree branch in its tail, which seems to calm the Pokémon."

sept_p03_04_yzetx.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
With the recent screen shots shown, Braixen looks kinda mischievous with that smirk lol.

Meh :( The bottom portion of Braixen is pretty human-like.. Which is not what I like in a pokemon (unless it's a fighting/normal type). Unless the final evolution looks amazing I'll probably be switching my vote from Fennekin to Froakie :(

Years
I love how cool the starter evos' names look and they did do interesting themes there.

Quilladin is "quill" and "paladin", maybe this further hints to Chespin's final stage having a knight theme to it? Hoping that's the case, and also it's the first time we've had a Pokemon name starting with Q since 2nd Gen so that's an interesting fact there.

Braixen is from "braise" (French for live coal") and "vixen". I love how they used a French name there, makes it even moreso that Fennekin's line follows Piplup and Snivy's lines before it as being based on French royalty.

And Frogadier is "frog" and "brigadier". Don't know how that ties in to the speculated ninja/thief motif but it looks like an awesome name nonetheless. Pretty good job Game Freak did there with these name inspirations.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Anyone else think that Fenniken's final evo will be Fire/Fairy?
It uses a Wand, which is a weapon of magic. The majority of faeries use magic, I think(correct me if I'm wrong) Also, it has similarities to a witch, which is a mythological creature that uses magic, so I'm pretty sure that a witch Pokemon would be classified as a fairy, not physic .

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014

30.jpg

31.jpg

When I first saw the official coro coro scan I had mixed feelings. But now seeing it in game I really like it a lot now, looks great ^_^ I just gotta make sure I soft reset for a female :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
What do you guys make up of Frogadier's name, sound militaristic like Brigadier don't you think? Its French name is Croâporal as in Corporal which is also a rank in the Military. You guys think its final evolution will be based on something from the French Military?

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
What do you guys make up of Frogadier's name, sound militaristic like Brigadier don't you think? Its French name is Croâporal as in Corporal which is also a rank in the Military. You guys think its final evolution will be based on something from the French Military?
Now that you think about it, Froakie's name could be partially derived from "Rookie". So what's a higher rank? Frogeneral? Frommodore?

Also, I know I'm not the only one that sees Frogadiers head resembling a pilot's headgear and the bubbles resembling a scarf. Water/Flying frog pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back