• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Own Game!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
"Congratulations, you've just won a kickstarter of 3 million dollars and a team of 10 developers to help you work on a game of your own for a year or two!"

You are offered to make your own game; What sort of game would you make? What sort of role(s) would you play in the team?

5520565_460s.jpg

Tell us about your game and why!

Last edited:

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
A game based on a steampunk styled world, where the main character is searching for his missing sister and best friend, while doing damage to the military that is taking over the city at that time. They treat people like slaves, and do brutal things to people for small things and assumptions, so in the process of looking for his sister and friend, he would be taking part in the revolution against the military.

NatureKeeper

If I got a license from Nintendo, a Pokemon ARPG to freshen the series.

If not, I am thinking of a side-scrolling (with 3D depth) platformer where you control a forest nymph lost in a giant urban city and have to control all small plantations around the city to make your way out of it. You collect magic points from around the level to gain power, and you can use this power to make vines/trees/herbs grow and use them to navigate the level, I.E. growing trees to fell them and use their wood to create crates or making vines grow so you can climb them (or they can boost you up).

The "bad guys" will be a woodcutting giant businessman who wants to enslave you, and sends guys with axes and flamethrowers to attack them.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Turn based dungeon crawler in the style of Eye of the Beholder. I think right now there is a market for it, because we just had Legend of Grimrock come out and it seems to have done pretty well. It's not turn based though, and I saw a lot of people complaining about that part. There are still a few games of that style coming out, but they are rare and I don't think any of them have a decent budget really.

High resolution graphics, obviously, but without the anime art style that games like Etrian Odyssey have. It'd be rooted in Tolkien style fantasy as it's the only one I can take 'seriously'. As far as a ruleset goes, that'd have to be worked out. I know a lot of games license the DnD set, but I doubt a budget of 3 million would cover it, lol.

Beyond that, I dunno, I'm tired and I have a headache.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I would make a Tarantula keeping sim, which features 100s of the species available in the hobby. Kinect versions would allow you to use your body movements to manipulate cages (moving them around, turning them), play with (annoy) the tarantula and PC versions would have the same feature but with either Kinect PC or with the mouse, plus feature a internet feature which links to a website where you can chat to people playing the game at the same time to trade tips.

It would feature a fully fledged feeding system, which would allow you to purchase various insects, like roaches, crickets, locusts, phoenix worms et cetera, and allow you to breed them as well.

Tarantula breeding would play a big part. Some species will be easy to breed, others will require certain conditions like little or no light, flooding the cage, et cetera.

There will be various methods to acquire tarantulas, you can go to the local petshop, buy from a local breeder, or purchase over the internet. However, like in real life, shipping tarantulas in the game will be risky, like in real life.

Some species will be easy to acquire, other's wont. Some will require months of waiting to acquire.

You will be able to upgrade your shelf size, buy bigger cages, experiment with various substrates and keep certain other inverts as well, like Emperor Scorpions and Centipedes.

What stock stores and online dealers have will be randomised. Your character will also need to go to work during the day so you can buy more tarantulas or whatever.
You can make him work overtime or laze around at work, like the sims.

Cages can be decorated in a style similar to Sims 3, where you can drop bark, rocks, raise and lower substrate leves, create mounds, dig caves, et cetera.

If I had any Development skills, I would already start this project but yeah. The purpose of this game would be as a training tool, or if there are species to expensive or complex for you to keep, you can use this game to acquire them, where mistakes don't mean a loss of an expensive pet

Years
I only have ideas for indie games, not AAA games haha.

Well, I would like to go down the route of creating a horror game, but doing it right. I am really not a fan of these "Jump out at you" horror games. I would like it to be a suspense building and atmospheric, building up a relationship between the players and the in game characters.

I think games basted on 'finding a loved one' and such are rather overdone now, as most of these types of games have a sort of 'find someone'. Off the top of my head, one idea could be the character is tormented by something that happened in his past. His dreams are only nightmares in which the player plays through his dreams to get from point A to B with some objective. Not really thought about it much, but Having complete flips between reality and horror fantasy would be an interesting flip.

The 'dream world' inspiration has come from Catherine (NOT POKEMON), so I would like it to be something like this.

*Shrug*​

Years
The idea I have in my mind is essentially an adventure / RPG based game. The main character has two sections that develop throughout the game play - Light and Darkness. Light based abilities are to do with logic and reasoning - basically mental development. the more you level this up the easier it is to solve puzzles (by giving the player more information about a puzzle for example). Dark based skills are to do with intuition and instinct, mental development too but associated with combat capability as well. The character has a smart phone like device and a katana - purchasing better versions increases your light / dark capabilities respectively.

The charcter is in a world where humans exist but also monsters and at the top of the food chain are angels and demons. The objective of the character is to gain supremacy over the 'human' world as well as the realm of angels and the demonic realm. Basically total conquest. The toughest bosses in the game reside in the angel and demon realms and each require you to have mastered your Light / Dark abilities respectively. The Light ultimate boss is an ultimate puzzle based battle and the Dark boss is a hardcore fight.

Throughout the story, depending on the ratio of Light and Darkness that the character has, the character may act differently in certain scenarios. Generally speaking if the ratio leans towards the Light end of the spectrum the character is more cold (in a rational sense) and emotionless whereas if it tends to the Dark end of the spectrum then the character acts with a lot more emotion, susceptible to emotions and such.

I haven't thought about how the combat system would work, whether it would be real time or turn based etc. But yeah, that's the basic concept running around in my head.

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I would either make the RTS of my dreams or a more serious Pokemon game. Not a hugely different Pokemon game, but one with a serious plot and maybe it could be made on the X-box platform. I always wondered what the story would be about in more mature version of the Pokemon games. Too bad Nintendo would sue me if I tried.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
With all that in my hand, and with a license or working with Nitendo I would try to get a online Pokemon game similar to Digimon Masters Online. A mmorpg with stunning graphics, and you go around catching/battling pokemon/trainers. It would be a free roam where you can either train your pokemon in the wild or against other players or take up on quest that take you thru gyms. Depending on how successful that is possibility of Pokemon game like Digimon:Re Digitize. Its almost like the mmorpg accept all offline and for consoles. I would love to see a Pokemon game like any of those two Digimon Games listed, I feel they'd be a big hit.

droomph

weeb
Years
I would just ask them to help me think.

The best ideas come from those who don't prepare.

Though I do have an idea for a game...it's gonna be awesome :3 too bad you need a stable business and like $10,000 to sign up for warioworld

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
A half-decent RPG that allows you to be evil. Holy crap I'm so sick of RPG's making you be the good guy, saving the world, etc.

Or a Pokemon game the size of Skyrim. Yes please ahah.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
For the last little while, I've considered the idea of a Pokemon + Final Fantasy hybrid game. I like the concept, but idk what others would think. There'd also be a lot of aspects to work out, like music, what battle engine to use, storyline, etc etc.

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

My idea is for a minecraft styled game, like free roaming sandbox. Except more RPG elements and Story to it.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I would want to take gaming in a different direction, one that combined nostalgic epicness and charm with modern technologies and a game that would be remembered for decades; a game with a great story, great characters, great fun, and a variety of things to do. Ultimately, I would lean more towards an RPG-style game with possible other elements, though research would be required to determine what exactly those elements would be, and how it would fall within the genre. That's what the stipend would be for, right? Research and development.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'd be making a game based on a book that I'm work on.

It would have 3 different stories, each a different type of game, playing through diffrient events in the book.

Story 1 would play as a stripped down RTS. Basically, it would be like Sins of a Solar Empire except the only thing you need to do it control the ships.

Story 2 would function as a space battle sim. Tachyon: The Fringe/Darkstar One would serve as the models for how gameplay would work, although it would have space mechs thrown in too, making some missions a hybrid Space Sim/FPS. (Gun Metal-ish since these would be in space.)

Story 3 would be FPS goodness with robots. There would be a couple of missions based on how Gun Metal plays, but over all mostly FPS.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I would probably make an RPG in the likes of Dark Souls, third person, really creepy, that sort of thing. But there would be more advanced options in character design, with many many many different looks and options to tweak. I would also add in other things like elemental based magic, multiple storylines, and a final boss that is actually hard xD

Or....I would make a super powers game, something that plays kinda like imfamous, only with more rpg elements and the option of choosing abilities. There would have to be a lot of abilities to pick from, and the character design to go with it. So basically a Skyrim-Infamous hybrid.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
A RPG game of sorts that has many expansive possibilities. The world would be a huge region with immense landscapes, the player would be able to be employed, level skills, fight other players and monsters. One major feature would be to work on a highly advanced physics engine. So much more things, but hey, its a dream!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The game that I have in my head is based around metamorphosis. You'd start off as a human but, through some magical thingamajig to be determined, you'd be cursed/blessed with the ability to transform into an animal. At first you'd start off small, like a dog or something. And you'd have 'powers' or 'abilities' to go along with each different transformation e.g. in the dog example, you'd be able to hear things from far away and maybe a higher attack power with your bite or something. As the game progresses, you'd earn the ability to transform into more animals, like birds and fish as well as bigger mammals and maybe even hybrids. In my head, I haven't really thought about an overarching plot, or even WHY you'd change animal form; it's just something I've had in my head for a while now, and here's a good place as any to splurge out all of my thoughts. :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I would probably make a RPG version of Super Smash Bros, although it would probably focus on the Mario and Pokemon franchises.

Maybe a game where you play a popular Nintendo characters with the ability to summon a legendary Pokemon with a battle system like the tales of games. The storyline would revolve around the antagonists geneticly altering Bowser's body so he is trapped in a state of rage and stuck in his Giga form, and using him to destroy everything in his path to be rebuilt into a dark metropolis.

There would also be a large multi player world parallel to the single player world in a open world fashion.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
I've been writing this novel for several years and it would make a fun game, I think:

An urban fantasy strategy RPG set in a modern US school where the main character has the ability to enter dreams. The dreams would be the dungeons, and the dungeons would play out a bit like the game Arc the Lad (the first ones, not the newer ones). When the player doesn't meet certain requirements while inside a dream, the person whose dream they entered falls into a coma. There would be a "home base" like in Shining Force where the allies you gather while playing all hang out and meet up. Some are around during certain times of the day and you can invite them to do things with you. Hanging out with them brings up certain stats depending on what you guys do and you can also unlock scenes and events somewhat like private actions in Star Ocean games.

Basically, I want to smash together my favorite parts of my favorite games. ;)

Back