• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Gen 5 Pokemon

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
Axew, Eelektross, Zorua, Basculin, Emolga, Lilligant, Purrloin, Blitzle and Swoobat are mine. I wasn't that impressed with the Gen V Pokemon after first playing through B/W but really came to like these ones a lot whilst playing Black 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My top favorite is Litwick. Yes, the cute little candle that actually sucks the life out of others. Not Lampent or Chandelure (although don't get me wrong I love those two as well), but Litwick.

I actually like the majority of the Unova Pokemon. But after Litwick I suppose my other top five would be Snivy, Joltik, Lilligant, Keldeo, and Victini.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There's so many from the 5th gen that I really like. The first six were my Pokemon White team:

Oshawott (and it's family)
Reuniclus
Cofagrigus
Scolipede
Darmanitan
Conkeldurr

and then:

Sigilyph
Shelmet/Accelgor
Swanna
Volcarona
Galvantula
Leavanny
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Scraggy/Scrafty
Axew/Haxorus
Stunfisk (I have a soft spot for the guy)
Golett/Golurk
Zekrom
Victini
Chandelure (and family)

It would probably be easier to list 5th gen pokemon that I don't like.

jacobgallion

Genius in the Making
Years
My favorites are constantly changing anymore, but my favorite for Gen 5 at the moment is Genesect literally only due to it being my favorite typing: Bug/Steel! I might as well just post my favorites for all generations so I can find out too!

Gen 1: Alakazam
Gen 2: Scizor
Gen 3: Metagross
Gen 4: Magnezone
Gen 5: Genesect

I think these guys are all in my tops, they're all beautiful to me.

Qusic

Master Spark!
Years
My all time favorite from Gen 5 would have to be Snivy. Even though I never found it, or its evolutions to be all that useful, I really like Snivy's design. It's probably that smug smirk it always has.

I also like Lilligant, Braviary, Darmanitan, and Litwick.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Joltik, hands down.

The reasoning: I have severe Arachnophobia <-real thing by the way
And I like him one, because he's absolutely adorable and two, the irony that I have a humongous fear of spiders, live or on paper, games, movies etc, but I love and have no fear of Joltik and his evolved form Gavantula.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Joltik, hands down.

The reasoning: I have severe Arachnophobia <-real thing by the way
And I like him one, because he's absolutely adorable and two, the irony that I have a humongous fear of spiders, live or on paper, games, movies etc, but I love and have no fear of Joltik and his evolved form Gavantula.

I agree with you man. Joltik has to be the only time in the series that I would mash B every time it tried to evolve

Reactions: T!M
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Jellicent or Serperior

The King or The Emperor, i call my Fire, Grass, Water pokemon trio the Royal trio

Arcanine, Jellicent and Serperior all looks like kings and emperors

Luc-R-io

Unhatched Riolu Egg
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 1, 2015
Mienshao. Since you can run this set:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Rock Slide
Basically I Fake Out, flinch opponent, U-turn if opponent has some bulk, and switch to a pokemon that would do better against the opponent. Then, even though I had an HP loss from Life Orb, I activate her ability Regenerator when I switch out. OR, you can just try and KO the opponent with Hi Jump Kick.

Years
My favourite Gen V is probably Hydreigon due to not only how awesome it looks, but also due its ability to run effectively as any kind of sweeper.

Closely behind are the likes of Archeops, Excadrill and Darmanitan, all capable of causing a lot of damage, not to mention that they all look pretty awesome, even Darmanitan.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have a ton of favorite Unova pokemon. Let's see...

Deerling, Joltik, Oshawott, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Boldore, and Maracatus.

There are probably more but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Sawsbuck! I really like Galvantula too! Also, Durant and Bisharp are pretty cool. But Durant is only cool because he reminds me of Kevin Durant, but so does Galvantula. So everytime I catch a Galvantula I'll name it Durantula. It was his nickname a few years back, but I haven't heard it in a while. Also it fits because the team name is the Oklahoma City THUNDER and Galvantula is electric typing and it learns Thunder too:) I like bug types....
But yeah, sawsbucks the fav

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
I like alot of the 5th gen pokemon, although my favorites are:
Bisharp, Excadrill, Samurott, Serperior, Gigalith, Zoroark, Mandibuzz and Hydreigon.
If it comes to coosing only one then I have to choose Bisharp, it just looks so awesome and I like dark and steel types so thats a plus.

Years
Braviary (not its first form)
Oshawott and its forms
Deino and its forms
Axew and haxorus
Crustle and its form

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
My favourite Generation V Pokemon's a tough contest between Galvantula and Lilligant. From a competitive perspective, I've used both to decent effect in UU as special attackers, and from a flavour perspective, I like Galvantula's concept and Lilligant's really cute :)

Back