• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiccups.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I just drink some water and it goes away most of the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I'm always like sitting there unable to access food or drink, like when I'm in class or laying in bed. So I usually just wait it out. Besides, I've tried all the common cures, but nothing's really consistently worked for me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I drink a moderate amount of water - with little break in between sips - until my breathing and heart rate catch up with each other. Normally works for me. My grandmother used to tell me an old remedy was to stand on my head in the corner of a room for fifteen minutes and they would go away. I eventually came to reason that it wasn't a particularly helpful remedy and I made myself light-headed for years all for naught.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Nothing. I suffer through them because nothing works.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The old 'not breathing' technique actually works for me. Which is good because I usually get them when I don't have access to water or anything. So I just hold my breath, wait, suck in more air, wait, suck in a bit more, wait, and then let it out. Then voila they are gone.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i usually don't do anything but i drink water sometimes and it works :P :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I usually just wait it out too. After a while I forget that I have the hiccups and then I'll remember later and think "didn't I have the hiccups?" but they're gone.

Mind over matter, baby!

Years
I exhale heavily and inhale as little as I can to get rid of that excess air or whatever. Also, I drink water. Between the two, the hiccups will go away eventually.

Back