• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spontaneous urges

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I'm the type of person who gets a lot of spontaneous urges throughout my day, and generally I follow through with them because I think that's what makes life much more interesting. Whether it be to put headphones in and start singing, walk a certain way, randomly sit down in the middle of a store for no reason other than the urge to do so, and standing on a chair, dying my hair. I embarrass my friends from time to time.

Do you have spontaneous urges to do things? What do your spontaneous urges usually include? Do you follow through with them?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I sometimes have the desire to do spontaneous things more days than others, and they'd usually range from little things to smaller things. Littlest being to just falling onto my bed for no reason to a big thing such as dancing in the middle of an isle in a grocery store. Once, as a kid I just dropped to the floor of the mall spontaneously in protest of wanting to go back home because I was tired and hated shopping back then.

If I follow through with them depends solely on how badly the urge is and how daring I may feel depending on how big of a spontaneous action it may be. Overall, I like to keep things spontaneous, because it keeps life interesting.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Whether or not I do it depends on what it is. x:
I generally don't have 'spontaneous urges', though. Actually, there's one exception- despite it being daily (sometimes more or less often), I ignore it 99% of the time.

Years
I dont like spontanety, it often leads to bad consequences in y experience and I rarely do things just for the heck of it, I might not be a lot of fun but I just dont really like being random.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
If you count cravings as urges, then I have them all the time. Living on my own is so exciting because it means that I can eat what I want when I want, but there are so many things that I've wanted to try but just can't find. There is no octopus anywhere in this city, it seems.

As for non-food-related urges, most of them are tiny things like "I want to play that game I haven't played in six months" or "I want to listen to Justin Timberlake" (he's got a new song out and it's great). My biggest urge would have to be my urge to play with a big dog.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I definitely do! A lot of them may include food cravings, but also random things, too! Usually artistic, sometimes just very random like assigning my team at work each a pokemon partner that would suit them best at lunchtime haha!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
At work I picked up the "wet floor" sign-cone thing and sang "Riiiiiicolaaaaa" through it to a nearby coworker. That was just once, though. Sometimes- especially when I'm feeling nervous- I make weird noises with my mouth. I can't exactly describe them through type, though I'd love to perform them for you someday.

"I want to listen to Justin Timberlake"
- nothing wrong with that. (JT FAN 4 LYF)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
SOMETIMES i just wanna hug everyone and then other times i wanna slap them all and sometimes i just wanna go to taco bell to make everything feel better and sometimes on a rainy blue moon when the planets align.....i get the urge to play firered.

i like to dance too

I'm the type of person who gets a lot of spontaneous urges throughout my day, and generally I follow through with them because I think that's what makes life much more interesting. Whether it be to put headphones in and start singing, walk a certain way, randomly sit down in the middle of a store for no reason other than the urge to do so, and standing on a chair, dying my hair. I embarrass my friends from time to time.

Add "call Syd while at work" to that list, dear.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I get spontaneous urges to shout Harry Potter spells in the hope that they'll work, but I only follow through with them if I'm alone, and even then I only whisper-yell them instead of actually yelling them because they sound odd in my voice :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
I forgot to mention, sometimes when I'm home alone or it's just my sister and I around I'll get the urge to start singing everything I say... loudly. Most of the time it doesn't make sense while all of the time it'll sound terrible.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I get the spontaneous urge to go pick up a controller and start playing something on one of my systems as soon as I get back home from work even when I'm on the verge of falling unconcious on the stairs again. Hardcore gamer for life I suppose.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I always have spontaneous urges. Always. Yeah, but for examples, nothing popped up in my head so yeah.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Nail biting
Sleeping
Eating
Jumping
Singing
Laughing? xD
Doing absolutely nothing for extended periods of time
Staring down anybody who looks at me until they look away
Screaming
Crossing my pinky with my ring finger when nervous and tightening the grip as I get more nervous
Eating off the skin from the inside of my top lip and fingers
Hot baths
Being naked, home alone
Drawing
Spriting
Pokecommunity
Acting dumb
Smacking someone over the head
Flirting with friends, never anything serious
Flirting with strangers xD
Putting my leg to sleep to get that zap feeling
Taking notes? xD
Speaking Spanish
Speaking French
Speaking Binary
Putting my leg behind my head
Stretching arm around my head 'til I touch that ear
Bending my leg so the sole of my foot is parallel to my waist (I'm really flexible xD)
And more... xD
Oh and overusing xD

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Pretending to be happy so people don't have to worry about me so much... ;D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My urges normally revolve around food and entertainment.

With regard to food, I could be pretty much anywhere in the world and still get some ridiculous craving for risotto or an omelette or a steak. It's completely random as to when they'll occur and what foods are involved, but it happens on a not-too-infrequent basis. The weirdest one was pumpkin pie, which happened about a month ago, just before Christmas. It was also the most disappointing, as nowhere in the UK sells it anywhere! It was like having withdrawal symptoms from cocaine or something! (Disclaimer: it actually wasn't; I'm just being dramatic.)

With entertainment, normally how it works is that I'll just randomly get the urge to watch a Simpsons episode or buy a specific DVD. Normally this happens when I'm actually DVD shopping but, like food, it can technically happen any time anywhere. Can't remember the last urge of this nature, but it probably wasn't that long ago...

Back