• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Just to check my understanding, as well, it seems that Hacking is a no no (and for me personally, a big one), and the number one way to check it is via Pokecheck, though that is by no means a guarantee. In the same way that a very well done counterfeit can pass as legal tender, and using it isn't inherently doing something wrong (it's legal tender for all intents and purposes) and the only person actually guilty of wrongdoing is the person creating it, if a hacked pokemon escapes your notice but ends up being traded to someone else who catches it, as long as you seek to rectify the situation you're probably fine. On the other hand, creating such monstrosities and trading them or failing to rectify the situation when a hacked pokemon is discovered will get you in trouble.

Conversely, cloning pokemon is not just acceptable to some members of the community, it's understood as a normal practice for those who want to collect event and legendary pokemon, though you should make sure the person you're trading with is aware the pokemon in question is cloned and is ok with that before proceeding with the trade. When dealing in cloned pokemon setting rules regarding redistribution (redis) is doubly important, as (eventually) having dozens or more copies of a pokemon floating around with someone's OT can get them in trouble. Go figure, the same resource, pokecheck, appears to be the easiest way to clone a pokemon as well.

Does all that sound about right?
You can really only clone Pokemon with your OT after you register your game save using Pokecheck. You cannot clone others Pokemon since it will attach a Premier Ribbon to the Pokemon, therefore making it illegal to trade here. Only the Pokemon with the OT's of the game saves you register yourself can be cloned without the ribbon being attached.

Reactions: EB

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Oops, I neglected to mention that :P Thanks EV. To add on, I condemn downloading other people's .pkm files to get around this for trading. Though there is no way to tell, I'd ask everyone to take the moral highroad. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm fine with you downloading Pokemon off of Pokecheck to use as breeding parents, but only as long as you release them when you are finished with them.

Years
Hi! I'm new to this website and I don't really know where to go for simple trades :( I feel like everybody wants event pokemon and here I am trying to trade some Snivys for other starters, ~RNC~ was nice enough to trade me a Ditto so that I could breed Snivys, but I don't know how to go about finding people for non Legendary/Event pokemon..

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hi and welcome!

Just post in Quick Trade Thread. I'm pretty sure someone will have the Pokemon you need and won't want something extraordinary or will just give the desired Pokemon for free. Everybody was a newcomer one day and fortunately for you, some of us still remember those days :)

Good luck and have fun :)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Yes and No D:
Yes because I just left work and still doing clearance stuff + take-home editing work

No (sometimes) because I am playing that new Monster Hunter game on the 3DS. I'm still playing Pokemon, I haven't caught that damn Regi yet. >_<

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The process of moving my pokemon for event trading is proving to be rather long. Also, my computer is consistently derping the internet connection. I am working on my shop still, but it won't be ready within the week I said before.

I am very much looking forward to getting my shop going at full speed again. I decided to keep my old shop, cuz I like the name and it has a high post count already. Getting a new banner made for it would just be a hassle.

Last edited:

tabor62

Years
That's unfortunate D: I was looking forward to seeing you reopen. I hope your internet problem is fixed or somehow fixes itself.

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
So I'm looking for some distributors for my next giveaway, any takers? Lol short and to the point.

Really going to need help with distributing the Pokemon I'll be offering for the next giveaway as it is quite a few. Of course their are 'rewards' so if anyone is interested let me know. Different time zones are greatly needed and if you can clone yourself that's even better :)

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
Really? I just checked and don't see anything unless I'm blind?

Or you're probably not even talking to me O_o... lol

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I don't fit into the work pants I wore back in high school anymore, it makes me look like I have a beer gut D:

Okay, on topic. Dude, convince Twisty that having a showcase forum would be awesome! No more trophy cases, and we get to prettify our thread to our hearts' content! Menagerie owners, rise!

Years
I have an epic account on white with a fair few high levels and rare Pokemon like Aerodatcyl and Mewtwo etc etc, is someone willing to take them as trades so I can start it again and trade them back? I have a ds lite though so don't know if I can do it or not

tabor62

Years
I don't fit into the work pants I wore back in high school anymore, it makes me look like I have a beer gut D:

Okay, on topic. Dude, convince Twisty that having a showcase forum would be awesome! No more trophy cases, and we get to prettify our thread to our hearts' content! Menagerie owners, rise!

Hell yeah :P Though I don't really have anything to show off, I support that idea.

I have an epic account on white with a fair few high levels and rare Pokemon like Aerodatcyl and Mewtwo etc etc, is someone willing to take them as trades so I can start it again and trade them back? I have a ds lite though so don't know if I can do it or not

You could try asking over at the Quick Trade Thread. Depending on the amount of Pokemon that you need to trade, someone may be willing to help you. You'll have to be wary though since we can't recover stolen Pokemon, only reimburse you in a sense.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I also support the idea of a showcase forum, even if I personally wouldn't have a use for it. I know a lot of people who would love to have a place to just show off their breeding and RNG skillz.

In other news, my trade shop is now open again, far ahead of schedule thanks to Champloo, who pointed me to some tools that helped me speed up the moving of my events from my R4 to my retail White version! Thank you Champloo.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
+1 vote for a showcase forum. I dont have time to trade but I'd love to show off some quirky random and difficult captures!

Years
I hope this isn't considered clutter and if so I'll delete this but I want to give a personal shoutout to NecrumWarrior for spending so much time working through the awful kinks that my cousin's (Lynkead) 3DS went through today. After tons of tweaking and freaking out, I was able to complete Lynkdead's transaction for him while he was at work today and I donated $5. I know it's not a lot but it's something a community that helps in the way that he did deserves reciprocation when it can be done.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back