• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Tips

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I did tip someone ONCE, 100 yen, just to check what would happen... But yeah nothing much though, so generally I don't tip in the game, but I wanted to try this one (I was like, meh what could happen... Maybe an item? No? ow...)

So... back to spending money on fashionable hats, bags and clothes for me! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Gave a tip to the guy who plays that song in Coumarine City and to the girl who plays that song in Snowbelle City. $1000 each for making me remember those wonderful times playing those games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
According to rumors, tipping people increases your chance of encountering shiny Pokémon quite a bit. I don't know if I should. actually believe it though, as it hasn't been confirmed yet. I've given tips to about three to four people so far, one was a guy in Parfum Palace who sings you a song. But unfortunately, I haven't been able run into any shinies at all. Well, I did encounter a shiny once, but that was at the beginning of the game—before I handed out any tips to anyone. d: It was a shiny Litleo. I wasn't able to capture it, though, because I accidentally made it faint when trying to weaken it. I wouldn't have decided to hurt it in the first place, but I had a very limited amount of Poké Balls with me at that time (only three), and if I simply just wasted them all, then chances of me having it captured would've been dropped to zero. :(

Years
According to rumors, tipping people increases your chance of encountering shiny Pokémon quite a bit.

If this is so, then I am still unlucky, however I did encounter a Shiny Pidgey - that was before the first tip rolled out.
Ever since the first tip I have always tipped, and since I started gaining money quickly it's always been $1000 as well.

Years
I've given tips of 1000 to everyone since the start of the game, in the hopes that something will happen... nothing has yet, and I'm not sure anything will. Still, it feels nice to help virtual people in a virtual world. Or something.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Perdition, that's rough. :( :( :( My condolences...

Anyway, I usually tip (although not very much) just because I like being a good guy in games. In single player RPGs I don't even steal from NPCs cause it makes me feel guilty... :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I've also started giving tips now. I don't know if the rumors about it lowering the changes for shiny Pokemon are true, but oh well, now that I'm sitting on 500k pokedollars, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? I tip every time, usually the max amount, and I've tipped 10k after getting a perfect score at the restaurant.

Oh, but hearing Unwavering Emotions in the house in Coumarine City brought back memories, I would've payed out whatever amount to listen ♥

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I brought every possible costume for the male character so I can start giving some tips as well. If it's just a rumor i'll flip some tables.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
High Tipping Theory

Somewhere on the internet I found what looked like an official strategy guide page regarding your in-game "style" and what it unlocks for you (including eventual entrance to the high-end clothing store in Lumiose city near the beginning of the "unlocked" scale with some end-game item dropping from 1 million P to only 10k with max style.

Tipping wasn't on this scale, but through looking around the net at everyone's feedback for unlocking features, I am relatively certain that the function of different tip amounts is based entirely on this invisible "style" stat for your character.

In short, I don't believe tipping has anything to do with shiny encounters or other such things. Instead, I think I higher tip just yields more style points than a lower one (while not doing the tipped task at all yields 0 style increase).

Thought I'd share since no one seems to be putting this out there as an obvious (at least, once I looked at what people were unlocking and the differences, it seemed obvious to me) effect from high tipping.

I was one of those that got into the Lumiose style-locked clothing store early (before I even unlocked anything but the Furfrou stylers and one-star restaurant tasks). I'm pretty sure this is because, being raised by a waitress, I can't bring myself to be anything but generous with fake money given to pretend people (I always tipped 1000 in all the little things I did and hadn't even unlocked the camera yet to tip that guy).

It makes sense to me. Leaving people a generous tip is classy. Why wouldn't it add to your style as a result?

I apologize if this has already been determined elsewhere, there's so much theorizing and false leads out there, I may not have looked long enough to avoid being captain obvious :P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
i would think tip would unlock somthing why would they add tipping

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
My habit of always tipping 1K pokédollars all the time seems to have paid off then. The endgame item for me is only about 100K for me, but I never knew tipping would have a effect on anything other than a personal display of affection.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
Jazneo, I think there was some miscommunication in my original post. I never said tipping wouldn't unlock anything, in fact, I said the reverse. Specifically, I said I don't think it has any baring on getting a shiny, but that it DOES effect the invisible "style" stat. According to the page I found from a guide online, the higher your style meter is, the more things you unlock in the game. This list had the clothing shop at Lumiose low on the style meter list (about 3rd unlocked). I remember unlocking interactions with some special PCs also has to do with how much style you have when you pass by that area of the game.

I also remember, at the top of the meter was being able to purchase an end-game item for only 10k where as those with minimal style must pay 1 million for it.

My theory then, is the more you tip, the more style points you're awarded for the action upon completion. The more style points you earn, the more quickly you unlock things based on style.

In short, I'm saying high tips probably pay off by increasing your style points more than a lower tip would for the same interaction (unlocking things a bit earlier than you would have otherwise).

TLDR: Bigger tip = More style points to unlock multiple things in game. :)

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
What exactly is an endgame item? Does this have anything to do with the fact I was supposed to find a Bannettite in the Chamber of Emptiness but instead found a Spooky Plate?

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
What exactly is an endgame item? Does this have anything to do with the fact I was supposed to find a Bannettite in the Chamber of Emptiness but instead found a Spooky Plate?

No no. Everyone finds both the Bannettite and Spooky Plate. You can only find the megastone between the hours of 8-9pm and as long as you upgraded your mega-ring .

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Tipping decreases price ?

I seldom tip but the end game items are still ard 100k for me ~

P.S : I wore full clothing all for Lumoise boutique

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I heard somewhere that tipping a lot could increase your chance of finding a shiny. But maybe that was just a rumor?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tipping doesn't increase your style and style only effects things in Lumoise. To increase style you have to do things in Lumoise City. I've tipped 1k over 100 times and prices never dropped in Lumoise or any other store. The Lumoise price drop didn't happen until I started doing random things in Lumoise City, like working at the Hotel the Riches own and getting my Furfrou trimmed.

Other than that my boutiques across the region and Pokemon Centers all stay roughly the same and have not unlocked anything.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
Tipping doesn't increase your style and style only effects things in Lumoise.

what about that underground gang? (i forgot what route they're on)
they won't let me see their boss because of my lack of style.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
what about that underground gang? (i forgot what route they're on)
they won't let me see their boss because of my lack of style.
You need to find 2 Skate moves to pass them...it had nothing to do with style and no matter what you try to build up they won't let you pass until you have learned those two skate moves. You get the final skate move when you pass them. They are also in the Lost Hotel on Route 15 I think.

Back