• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better?

Which Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So these three are your favorite pokémon? :3

Well, from those three, I would pick Arcanine. I love its looks and I generally like fire type pokémon. Hydreigon is a second though, since it's one of the coolest dragons, being triple headed (pretty much) and dark double typed. Tyranitar was never really a pokémon I took a liking to.

Years
I picked both Tyranitar and Arcanine, those two are both on my X competative team.
Tyranitar is one of the most useful pokemon in my opinion, he can take loads of damage and has a great typing (not a fan of rock or dark type but put them together and it works really well, great foil to the likes of fire and psychic).
Arcanine is really useful well as well rounded on stats but really good attack great user of extreme speed.

X-Tyranitar

Professional Rom Hacker
Years
@Adventure Yes these are my favorite Pokemon;)

@Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer Hey me too! These are just a few of my Favorite Pokemon though..

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Arcanine is great, but I don't use it that often.

Tyranitar is a very good pokemon overall, I tend to use this whenever I get the chance.

Hydreigon, I've never used it, so it's out of the question.

Tyranitar is my favorite out of the 3.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Out of all the ones that you've listed, Hydreigon's gotta be my most favorite. (: It looks pretty intimidating, and in terms of competitive battling, it's simply phenomenal. With only one Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, or Focus Blast, it could defeat almost any of your opposing Pokémon. Hydregion may have four-times weakness against fairy, but fairy-types are not very common—no need to worry about it. Tyranitar's my second favorite, as it's bulky and quite powerful offensively. It's got the ability to bring out sandstorm as well, which is a plus.

X-Tyranitar

Professional Rom Hacker
Years
I voted for Hydreigon because I thought he was awesome in Mystery Dungeon, I love dragons, and I love multiple heads.
Haha! That's why I love him too, other than he destroys in Competitive Battling;)

Arcanine is great, but I don't use it that often.

Tyranitar is a very good pokemon overall, I tend to use this whenever I get the chance.

Hydreigon, I've never used it, so it's out of the question.

Tyranitar is my favorite out of the 3.
Tyranitar is my favorite as well;) I think I'll try and come up with the ultimate competitive team using him!:P
I think I'll try and implement in my rom hack, and make him a big part through an event or something..

Out of all the ones that you've listed, Hydreigon's gotta be my most favorite. (: It looks pretty intimidating, and in terms of competitive battling, it's simply phenomenal. With only one Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, or Focus Blast, it could defeat almost any of your opposing Pokémon. Hydregion may have four-times weakness against fairy, but fairy-types are not very common—no need to worry about it. Tyranitar's my second favorite, as it's bulky and quite powerful offensively. It's got the ability to bring out sandstorm as well, which is a plus.
Obviously by my name, avatar, and how much I talk about this Pokemon.. mine is Tyranitar! But Hydreigon was my favorite for the longest time..:/ They're both just so good! I'm definetely going to make a competitive battling team using them both!
and Hydreigon will be part of my rom hack in a big way as well..:P

Last edited:
Years
Though I like Hydreigon and family, I haven't had the chance to use it all that often, so my vote goes to Arcanine. Prior to gen 6, Ninetales and Arcanine were my two favorite Fire types, though I found myself using Arcanine a lot more in recent years.

As for Tyranitar, it's a part of one of only 3 Rock type Pokemon families I like (the other two being Archen-Archeops and Aron-Lairon-Aggron), but I'd probably put it last on my list out of those 3.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
Well, from those three, I would pick Arcanine. I love its looks and I generally like fire type pokémon. Hydreigon is a second though, since it's one of the coolest dragons, being triple headed (pretty much) and dark double typed. Tyranitar was never really a pokémon I took a liking to.

My answer is almost exactly as this, the only difference being the reason I like Hydreigon: its heads make me think of creepy flowers (I'm weird like that), and I do think its typing is cool. :3

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hydreigon! I actually like these three (unusual, as I don't normally like overly-powerful pokémon as much), but Hydreigon's involvement in Gates to Infinity rocketed it way up there in my favorites list. That personality and fourth wall-leaning adds to his charm. And seeing those models in the game made me realize how adorable he actually is. Sock puppets! :P

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I picked Arcanine and Tyranitar.

Arcanine is a majestic tiger-dog. It's access to tons of moves like Close Combat, Thunder Fang and Extreme Speed make it awesome.

Tyranitar is just awesome. It was my favorite pokemon at one time.

I just don't like Hydreigon for whatever reason.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I chose Arcanine. I only choose pokemon that seem protagonistic, the other two seem like they would go on some Ace Trainer team. But that's personal preference... :P

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I chose Hydreigon because I bonded with my Hydreigon, Empire, in my Black 2. I like his design as well.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Tyranitar, because it's the only Pokemon that really owns. Hydreigon was never an excellent Pokemon, and I wouldn't say it got nerfed because of fairy-types, because Iron Tail and Flash Cannon exist. Arcanine does have a huge BST for a non-legendary pokemon and STAB Flare Blitz, but I never really liked it because it's slightly overrated.
Tyranitar however has the Sand Stream ability which bringed sand, the best weather of gen 5 OU, and it also had a very expansive movepool which included Stealth Rock, Pursuit, Fire Blast, Superpower, Ice Beam, Roar, Dragon Dance and so on. Tyranitar is S-rank on the Smogon viability thread in gen 5 OU and for good reason. It's a shame you get it very late in-game, but if you're patient, T-tar will serve you well there too.

Years
Arcanine because I prefer cute fluffy Pokemon. That's not to say the other two are bad, either - I love them both, more so Hydreigon than Tyranitar since I loved the one introduced to us in Gates to Infinity. But as far as designs go Arcanine is my choice.

Back