• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man I've watched this 100000 times!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So do you rewatch shows once you've already finished them? If so what does it take for you to re watch a show and if you don't why not?

Also, if something done originally in a different language like anime for example, will you rewatch it if it gets a dub?

Years
If it's a series, movie, book, anime, etc, that I REALLY like, then I'll rewatch or re-read it every now and then so it's stilll fresh. You don't want to know how many times I've watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy or Batman, haha.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
If I really like the anime, then I'll watch it when the dub comes out and might even buy it to support the industry. Sometimes rewatching it for fun makes the best background noise while I do other things.

I'll rewatch non-anime stuff all the time, though. I'm on my third or fourth run through Arrested Development and I wanna try to squeeze one more out in time for the new season in May. My non-anime rewatch standard isn't too high since the only rule is that the show needs to make me laugh.

Last edited:
Years
The kinds of things I do feel like rewatching are those movies (and sometimes TV episodes) where there is a lot of subtle or complex stuff going on. Like hints to something that only get revealed much later that I'd want to go back and see with hindsight. You know, things where having more knowledge helps you enjoy them more. I wish I had a good example to give.

But really there are so many things to watch I don't usually have time to see something I've already seen. I'm also always worried that something won't be as good the second time I watch it, no matter how ingrained in my heart it is.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I normally don't rewatch whole runs of shows (there have been exceptions, of which Arrested Development and Cowboy Bebop spring to mind) but if I like a particular episode of something, I'll probably watch it multiple times if I have the means and opportunity to do so. When I was younger, my parents got my brother and I some Simpsons VHS tapes (yes, we're that old!) and I honestly think I'll have watched those episodes about 100 times over the years. Even the ones that I haven't seen in years I can quote verbatim from having mainlined them into my brain when I was about 9-years-old. :D

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Only shows that purely consist of jokes. I love thrilling mysteries and things like that but I can't watch them multiple times, not when I know what's coming. Shows like Arrested Development- which I've rewatched countless times- are made to be watched again because there's always missed jokes to catch.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So do you rewatch shows once you've already finished them? If so what does it take for you to re watch a show and if you don't why not?
Pretty simply I'll re-watch something if it's good, not if it's bad. xD If there's lots of memorable scenes or the show itself is generally very memorable then I'll re-watch it, or if I'm just bored and happen to come across an enticing gif/video of it then I'll re-watch it too, but basically I don't have criteria for re-watching a show. I'll just do it if I'm in the mood for watching something and happen to think of it :p

Also, if something done originally in a different language like anime for example, will you rewatch it if it gets a dub?
Nope! If I've watched it in one language then I'll never watch it in another. It spoils the experience a little for me, it just feels like a whole new show but you already know exactly what happens. I much prefer to stick to the same one each time.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I rewatch any show that took my interest even though I finished watching the series, if there is a chance to rewatch it in TV schedule or buying it through DVD.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service I keep on watching over and over. :)

Years
Time and a former interest in the show are about all it takes for me to watch something again. I'm not going to re-watch a series again soon after I just watched it, but give it enough time for me - maybe about six months at the least, if I had to guess - and I'll be all like "I'm bored, I liked this show, let's watch all of it again!"

(Of course, it probably helps that we don't have cable here, due to just not having bothered to get it, so most of what we do watch are series on dvd/blu-ray...)

As for the anime thing, ehhh maybe. Depends on how good the dub is (I'm not that picky though), and how much I liked the series in the first place.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Usually when I have the free time, I'll totally rewatch a show again, whether it'd be a show I watched when I was younger (like Full House, Sailor Moon, even the first season of Pokemon), or today's shows that were simply amazing that they deserved to be watched again.

Shows that get dubbed in a different language (like certain animes or TV shows exported to Mexico), I'll watch again, but I won't have the same spark as I did when I was watching them for the first time.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
If it's a movie I really enjoy, I'll re-watch it once in a while, even if it's just a "one off" film like "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Scarface". I've watched a lot of Star Wars and Lord of the Ring over and over.
I'm yet to re watch any anime series as usually watching it once is enough for me. I usually watch it originally subbed in Japanese and I won't re watch the dubbed unless it's extremely good quality (very good voice acting,720p video quality.)
The only series I've watched which is technically a "remake" is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 season 1 and 2, but I never saw the original.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For many shows I don't mind rewatching the same episodes over and over I also see them online when ever I'm bored. This is true with Pokemon episodes like "Battle According to Lenora" "Emolga the Irresistible" & "Emolga and the New Volt Switch", and some I like to watch reruns when nothing else is on TV (such as "Law & Order" or "World's Dumbest" - I can't find episodes online) even if its and episode I already seen hundreds of times I'll still watch it.

I like to watch them because I enjoy watching them, it takes away boredom or sadness/anger/depression.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
When I complete a series I like, I don't rewatch it right away. I rewatch it later on when my interest in the series sparks again. This usually happens a couple of months after I finish a series. When I do rewatch a series, I start from the beginning until the end. It's pretty fun to do actually. If I really like a series, I buy the series on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
I don't usually re-watch a show unless I forgot most of it, say after 5+ years.
I don't watch dubs, i like the original ones the voices match better.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If it's a movie or a show that I really enjoyed the first time around, I might end up re-watching it again not long after. This has actually happened a few times in the past. Otherwise, I like to wait awhile before watching said movie / show again. Generally, I'd re-watch movies on more occasions than television shows because it's a lot easier. While with shows, particularly older ones, I like to select my favorite episodes to watch again. When it comes to a somewhat newer TV series, before a new season of the show is about to premiere, I like to re-watch the past season as a way to keep the previous events that occurred fresh in mind. This way I don't forget some of the things that happened while the show was on one of its long breaks.

When it comes to books, however, it would usually take me a lot longer of a time before I want to read the same thing again. And even then, I'd have to be in a certain mood or have a spark of interest to read it second or third time around.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I would re-watch things, especially if the show was beyond entertaining, some of my favorites of all time.

For example, I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I've re-watched it twice, and once more prior to the release of Legend of Korra. I've also revisited Samurai Champloo (both dubbed and subbed, but in honesty I think for this one I prefer the dubbed), Parks and Recreation, Spongebob, One Piece (subbed, not dubbed because what I've watched of it dubbed, it was just...no) and bits of South Park.

Back