• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Online Pokemon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:Attacks

Im going to do a diffrent attack system for my pokemon game then what has been donr in the past... pokemon will not automaticaly learn attacks. im doing this because I Feel its stupid that all of a sudden my abra knows how to teleport without being tought. So I will have a store ware you buy books that tell you how to teach your pokemon how to use these moves AKA"TMs/HMs".
you will be able too use the book over and over on all of the pokemon that are able to learn the attack. other then being able to learn attacks each pokemon will start with two attacks so that there not useless.

In addition I will not use every attack from all of the games there will be a ton of attacks of each type dont get me wrong but i will not use all of them and some will have diffrent names or do diffrent things all togather.

Feel free to coment on this information...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
rm2kdev said:
Are you using Gdi32(bitblt) or are u using Direct X 8 like me and seiphs mmorpg :S
also why arnt you using Socketwrentch
Winsock is A, Slower
b, Doesnt allow large packets sent
c, causes problems sometimes unless u create some kind of new packet handling system
Whoa sounds like stuff thats not trouble in:
a) c++
b) c
c) asm
d) pascal
Dunno why but VB is made from microsoft and they don't make great support for their own libraries.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:Battle Animations

well I must admit im way to lazy to make battle animations for may game and I dont enjoy the innerworkings of them so until i come across some im not gonna put them in the alpha. Im gonna leave the code open for them and add them later. I want to work on the bigger stuff for now like the interface and i also have to enter all the stats into the data base that stores the pokemon stats. With no team this is proveing too be more work then had planed but the show will press on. Im gonna skip battle animations now with the exeption of a basic battle animation that will just be there to make the game have some personality. If anyone has pokemon battle animations in anyform that i colud figure out a way too work with I whould love to have them. I also plan on haveing more battle styles then most games like:

-1V1 one pokemon vs one pokemon AKA"The normal battle system"
-2V2 two pokemon vs two pokemon AKA"The new battle system"
-3V3 three pokemon vs three pokemon AKA"My new battle system"
-max party modes ware you can only have a max of 1-6 or 1-3 and so on
-3V3 kill the leader "ware the max party size is 3 and if the leader dies you lose"
-and others...

feel free to comment on this

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
intown shot

This is a screen shot of in town for pokemon online battles as I said before iI dont plan on having a 2D sprite based world to explore. I order to catch pokemon you will have to travel to the routes and caves ect... fight them.
heres the shot:
screenshot03.gif

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
I like the idea about teaching pokemon new attacks, which attacks are you planning on leaving out, theres attacks that are pretty much useless at mid-to-higher levels because theres other attacks that do the same thing only better. If your battling lower level pokemon however it becomes necessary to have those low base attacks so everything wont be a OHKO

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
attacks

I dont have a offical list of attacks yet but theres gonna be 10-15 attacks for each Type/SubType. You will be able to teach attacks acording to the Type/Subtype not the pokemon itself. IE all grass pokemon can use "Razor Leaf" all normel pokemon can use Tackle. Its only attacks like transfrom that will de an exception to this rule.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
so thats meaning all fire types can do sacrid fire, or all air types, aroblast? or are they just like ho-oh and lugia?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Cursed said:
I bet those complex attacks will be left out in the Beta/Alpha. Hey, I'm getting VB soon, could you send me the project file(Not the program itself, just the file so I can edit it.)?
BAD CHOICE MAN. Choose something other than VB. FreeBASIC is better than that: http://www.freebasic.net/
Or C++ or even C...BUT DON'T START OUT WITH VB!!!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Off topic: Well VB just isn't good its been proved many times by many people.

On topic: We can change the resolution right?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Off topic: Actually evrything else is better than VB... *stares off into space*

On topic: no.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
uhh...

Cursed:
You whould have to be a fool to think i whould just give you the code
to a working online rpg of this type. sorry to put it that way but if the code leaks outn into the public it makes life easyer for hackers.

TheAbsol:
Plz stop bad mouthing VB i know C/C++ is better for what im doing i even know how it use them. I choose VB becasue im realy fast with it. there will be know 3d world so I dont need anything above winsock. Im making this game so i have good stuff in my portfolio so when i go to get a job as a software devloper i can show how i took VB6 to the limit.

About attacks:
I dont plan on haveing crazy attacks like in the game. Over powerd attacks the everypokemon cant learn takes the tactics out of battling. I dont want a game ware everyone raise a lvl100 charzards and burns everything like ppl do in the gameboy games so offten. all pokemon will be amung the best at something. that away ppl use cool pokemon like: Beedrill and armbok. I cant stand to see everyone with mew and mewtow in ther party cus there the strongest.I hate the stores behind pokemon but i love the battleing and reaising of pokemon and thats the focus of my game.

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
This is supposed to be closed as he says in his new thread.
Nobody please dont post here and let it die as it isnt got any new information on the game.
*MODERATOR ADMIN CLOSE TOPIC PLEASE*

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
Cursed stop it i would not be suprised if you were taken your sig away for bringing up old topics and not letting things die when theres a NEW topic on it that you have clearly posted on! I will report you unless you stop this now! >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back