• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equinox Starters

Who would you choose in Pokemon: Equinox?

• The Grass Starter - Hisperout

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The Fire Starter - Kidoal

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • The Water Starter - Nilash

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I've been working on a hack for a good three months now. Going slowly, but I want to make sure it is good before I start releasing most information out to these sites. Well, the first few things I decided to release were pictures of the starters, and put up a poll to see who people would choose.

000whodoyouchoose_by_notagame-d5zutst.png

The world is collapsing around you.
You are the only one that seems unable to fall to the Power.
However it will stop at nothing until it kills you.
Your brother offers you one of these three starters.
Choose one.
It will help you to safety, and help guide you to your destiny.

Here are the current sprites for the starters. Though they are not finished, this is a rough idea of what they'll look like in the game.
001s.png
004s.png
007s.png

Just one little detail about this is this hack won't be a typical journey where you receive your Pokemon from a professor. In this game you will receive your first Pokemon from the player's in-game brother and then you are sent to 'safety'. I can't say much else besides what I have already given otherwise I'd give away more than I planned to.

So, who would you choose if you decide to play the game?

Note: One of my earlier Fakemon Dexes from the past (this one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281477) will actually have some Pokemon coming over to this hack, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there! While your starters are very good and it's clear that you've put a lot of effort into them, the rules of A&D clearly state that you need at least 4 examples of your work to start a gallery. :(

I'm going to leave this open for now and give you a chance to include three more pieces because I'm under the impression that you have more to show us than this.. But if you can't update this with more work I'm going to have to close it. Sorry!

If you have any questions please contact either Derozio or myself. :)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Alright, I updated the first post with the beginning sprites of the starters. Hope those count as extra images.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Amazing! I always pick the grass starter, and yours looks bawss. BUT PLEASE, STOP MAKING GRASS STARTERS REPTILES! Turtwig is beast, though.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Amazing! I always pick the grass starter, and yours looks bawss. BUT PLEASE, STOP MAKING GRASS STARTERS REPTILES! Turtwig is beast, though.

I only do the grass starter reptiles because all of the grass starters are based on semi-prehistoric reptiles. Hisperout and its evolutions are the same. ^-^'

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

It's about time I release two new images. One of them introduces the Superstition Trio, which are three different first-form Fakemon you'll be able to find in the game. Introducing Wolvip the Dark Type, Felost the Ghost Type, and Archiend the Psychic type. They can be captured at different points in the game.
000superstitiontrio.png

And this next Pokemon, you'll be able to obtain its first form early in the game. It's based off a Secretary Bird, and is called Greahorn (pronounced gray-urn).
019orgart-med.png

Stay tuned for more information.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Nice! I love Wolvip, a smoother version of mightyena, Archiend to me looks like a bat with a beard (heh) and Felost is a posessed Mew. Epic.

I relatively like Greahorn, I mean you already have a postman bird (delibird), and it looks like a pre-evolution of Ho-oh.

My faves are Felost and Wolvip, though.

Years
I like how depressed Felost looks. It looks so broken it almost looks crazy. I would have chosen that crazy purple creature as my pokemon anyday. I really like it.

You did a fantastic job with your starter sprites by the way, they are really detailed and pretty with different value :) . I would choose Nilash as my starter and that is a complement, I don't usually go for the water starter but I really like your water pokemon's design. Also, it has really cute and bubbly red eyes :0 It would probably balance Felost's depression with it's bubblyness.

Back