• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I'll go for Seviper and Drapion for partners. I'm into scorpions and Drapion is a rather cool Pokemon; especially since its typing only leaves it weak to Ground-type attacks (which ironically is my favorite kind of Pokemon - see Sandslash profile pic).

336.png
452.png

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Good choices. Drapion is really cool and only one weakness makes it very useable. Also like Sandslash quite a bit too.

Unfortunately I can't make any changes to the member list, but I'm keeping track of new members and I'll get Tiara up to speed when she returns.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would like to sign-up please!! Here i go:

Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
I have to go with my least favorite Gen Here: Generation4. I think Sinnoh had some awesome additions, mainly Drapion and Toxicroac. Ive always like the Poison type and always felt it was too underappreciated, having only 1 strength, but i felt like things were changing in Sinnoh. Drapion and Toxicroac have awesome dual types and look really cool.

What Is Your Favorite And Why?
My favorite would have to be Nidoking, Toxicroac and Drapion!!
034.png
- Nidoking has been a very cool Pokemon since always. He looks so menacing and strong, as a kid i would always have him on my team. Surprisingly enough, at least to me, he is a better special attacker than physical, and he has an amazing movepool to back him up!

452.png
- As soon as i saw Drapion i knew it was going to be one of my favorites! Again, i think he looks incredibly menacing, and ive always liked scorpions and found them to be very interesting. He has some crazy attacks at his disposal, like Cross Poison, X-Scissor and many more. Plus, his dual type leaves him with only one weakness - Ground!

454.png
- Now a Poison AND fighting type pokemon, here we go! Fighting has been one of my favorite types since forever, and i loved they combined it with Poison. Toxicroac reminds me of a Ninja, striking fast and poisoning any enemy that stands in his way. I used one recently when travelling through Kalos, and my Toxicroac loved to smack the fairy types around.

Least Favorite?
Probably Amoonguss and Qwilfish. No particular reason, i just find them to have uninspired designs, and they dont look as menacing as Poison types should! I dont hate them though, so yeah

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?
Sadly, there is not many to chose from, but i definitely have to go with Koga here. He is a freaking Ninja!! What better fit for a poison type trainer than Ninja, who are sneaky and resourceful in taking down opponents with little to no effort. He also made it from Gym leader to E4 member, which goes to show how powerful a Poison type team can be!

Wicked3DS

Years
Thanks Olli, I'll do my best!

I would like to sign-up please!! Here i go:

Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
I have to go with my least favorite Gen Here: Generation4. I think Sinnoh had some awesome additions, mainly Drapion and Toxicroac. Ive always like the Poison type and always felt it was too underappreciated, having only 1 strength, but i felt like things were changing in Sinnoh. Drapion and Toxicroac have awesome dual types and look really cool.

What Is Your Favorite And Why?
My favorite would have to be Nidoking, Toxicroac and Drapion!!
034.png
- Nidoking has been a very cool Pokemon since always. He looks so menacing and strong, as a kid i would always have him on my team. Surprisingly enough, at least to me, he is a better special attacker than physical, and he has an amazing movepool to back him up!

452.png
- As soon as i saw Drapion i knew it was going to be one of my favorites! Again, i think he looks incredibly menacing, and ive always liked scorpions and found them to be very interesting. He has some crazy attacks at his disposal, like Cross Poison, X-Scissor and many more. Plus, his dual type leaves him with only one weakness - Ground!

454.png
- Now a Poison AND fighting type pokemon, here we go! Fighting has been one of my favorite types since forever, and i loved they combined it with Poison. Toxicroac reminds me of a Ninja, striking fast and poisoning any enemy that stands in his way. I used one recently when travelling through Kalos, and my Toxicroac loved to smack the fairy types around.

Least Favorite?
Probably Amoonguss and Qwilfish. No particular reason, i just find them to have uninspired designs, and they dont look as menacing as Poison types should! I dont hate them though, so yeah

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?
Sadly, there is not many to chose from, but i definitely have to go with Koga here. He is a freaking Ninja!! What better fit for a poison type trainer than Ninja, who are sneaky and resourceful in taking down opponents with little to no effort. He also made it from Gym leader to E4 member, which goes to show how powerful a Poison type team can be!

Welcome! You like Nidoking and Koga, you are awesome. Nidoking's move pool makes him very versatile, which is one reason I like him. Koga is just awesome, I like the Pokémon he uses and being a ninja makes him awesome. What two Pokémon would you like me to sign you up with?

Scratch that, I'll just give you all three. I'll update the list tonight.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
So if you wanted two partner Pokémon, what would they be?

Normally, I'd say Arbok and Dustox, as I both see them as a brother and sister team (blame my years of RPing), but I'd LOVE to have a Victreebel as a partner. I absolutely adore Victreebel, and would let it love nom on me. <3

And yes, I'm aware I have Seviper listed as my Toxic club partner with Dustox. Indecisiveness ftw. To be honest, I'm not AS MUCH into Seviper as I used to be. I've grown more of an attachment to Arbok and Victreebel. So, I can't really say, except one of the two being Dustox. It's not a top favorite, but I also adore Dustox. My favorite Bug type. ;P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Welcome! You like Nidoking and Koga, you are awesome. Nidoking's move pool makes him very versatile, which is one reason I like him. Koga is just awesome, I like the Pokémon he uses and being a ninja makes him awesome. What two Pokémon would you like me to sign you up with?

Scratch that, I'll just give you all three. I'll update the list tonight.

Haha thanks, thats so very kind of you :D In case i had to pick 2, i would have gone with Nidoking and Toxicroac :P

Yeah, Koga and Nidoking are both awesome!! I do love Nidokings movepool, plus if you have one with the "Sheer Force" ability and give him a Life Orb he can be an unstoppable force! I find it kinda sad there is no other Poison Gym/E4 trainer but Koga and Janine. Oh well, maybe we will get one in Gen7?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
It took joining this club for me to get over my disappointment in Toxicroak. x4 damage from Psychic attacks! ZOMG, terrible! Then I realized... most Fighting-types will die to just one Psychic attack anyways. :)

Wicked3DS

Years
Meh, I'm still not too impressed with Toxicroak, except for comedic value cuz it is pretty funny. But I'd never use one on a team and I certainly wouldn't call it my favorite, but I'd use it for some comedic value in a fanfic or something :P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Haha well luckily you dont have to like Toxicroac for us to get along :P
I know his x4 Weakness against Psychic is bad, but oh well, every Pokemon has a weakness. Tbh, when i caught a Croagunk in my recent X playthrough, i started to doubt if my love for this Pokemon was justified. He couldnt take any hits and leveling him up was a pain...but when he finally evolved (level 37 -.-) i was impressed by Toxicroac's strength, and it was thanks to him that i won many battles. He was the one who took out Mega-Gardevoir against the Champ...in one Hit :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Toxicroak is indeed amazing. It does have four-times weakness against psychic, but to avoid that, you could just make sure to have a dark-type Pokémon in your team. Once you're expecting to get struck by a psychic-type attack, you could easily switch into that and stop Toxicroak from fainting. n_n"

Wicked3DS

Years
Yeah, I suppose Toxicroak isn't all that bad, but I'm still not a huge fan of it. Maybe I'll catch one and use it and it'll grow on me. I should at least give it a fair chance, right? :P

MurkMire

Years
I can't tell you many times Toxicroak saved me in my Platinum playthrough. It was definitely my Ace in my team.

Luxray played a similar role, but the Toxicroak I raised definitely got me out of some jams, even with Cynthia.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
If you havent used one yet, id definitely give it a try Wicked3ds!!
Glad too see Toxicroak was an Ace in your Team as well Murkmire! :D

Wicked3DS

Years
I'm playing through Platinum now so I'll definitely catch one. I feel like I kind of have to now :P

How about a new topic?

If you could create you own Poison-type move, what would it be?

Stumbled upon this one from Peitharchia when I was looking for the Rock-type club that seems to have died.

MurkMire

Years

A more powerful version of Poison Sting. Maybe... Toxic Darts? Obviously a bit stronger, and a 2-5 hit attack with a higher chance for poison status.

Poison Sting is one of my favorite moves, at least in the anime. Shooting the opponent with poisonous darts? That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Poison Sting is a pretty cool move in the anime but it's absolutely terrible in the games, so it'd be nice to have something like it that's actually usable.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years

A more powerful version of Poison Sting. Maybe... Toxic Darts? Obviously a bit stronger, and a 2-5 hit attack with a higher chance for poison status.

Poison Sting is one of my favorite moves, at least in the anime. Shooting the opponent with poisonous darts? That's pretty cool.
Fixing Poison Sting would have my vote as well... doesn't hurt that Sandshrew/slash learn it too :)

Reducing the accuracy and having it hit 2-5 times would be pretty sweet. Not sure if any Pokemon with Skill Link can learn the attack, but it would likely be on their competitive move-list if so.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd create something like Overheat; a move that's very powerful, but winds up decreasing your Special Attack stat at the end. I'd probably call it Toxiwave, haha. I would also make a physical version of it, and naming Toxiwreck (or something along the line).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back