• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Years

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Since Christmas is almost over, the next holiday is New Years. What do you usuall do on New Years? Do you do anything special? If you have any resolutions, what are they?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really have any resolutions since I just forget about them in the next few days lol.

But I'm going to celebrate Christmas with my cousins at their new house. Will miss their old house tho =P

I was suppose to go to my other cousin's place last night for Christmas, but my dad was feeling lazy, so we ended up not going and we just ordered some pizza to eat lol.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I realized that this year, I won't be able to participate in my family's New Year's tradition. It's mostly making a bunch of hors d'oeuvre and then eating them, but my mom makes some really good ones.

This year, I get to sit in a dorm. Can't wait til this is over. :\

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
During New Years Eve, we usually just stay up late in our attic and wait for New Year to come. We make our New Year's resolutions while we wait, but I never do any of 'em.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'll do what I do every year, just watch the New Year's fireworks display on TV. Have my first diet coke of the year, and sleep the rest of the night

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My family and I would usually head over to a friend's place and party with a bunch of other people. The parties were mostly fancy dress that followed separate themes each year. Unfortunately, our friends are moving to Queensland today so there'll be no more parties. Haha. I'm assuming we'll just a spend a quite New Years this year.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Stay up late during new years eve, then celebrate with my family. On January 1, I guess we'll have another celebration this time with our relatives.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I'm usually back at school by New Year's, so I'll be spending it with some friends, just hanging out and eating. I don't really have any concrete resolutions, I guess just save up money and do well in school.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I usually end up heading over to my auntie's house to spend New Year with my cousins, so I'm expecting the same this year - it's a lot of fun so I'm excited for it. As for resolutions, I don't make them since I know I won't keep up with them lmao. There's a lot of things I'd like to do, but there's no motivation at the moment!

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I usually sit in the my room, or in my grandmother's house playing Megaman Battle Network 5 on a GBA Emulator on my laptop while waiting for eating and the festivities to begin.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
5...4...3...2...1...SCREAMING!!!!

That's one thing.

Yum, yum, munch, munch, bite.

That's another.

And posting in PC, that's the last. I should find more things to do to celebrate this year since... I Survived 2012!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
That's one thing.
i always do that!! xD

usually i go to my society's ground we have DJ and all for new year's eve and when the clock strikes twelve FIRE WOOOOORKS!! :D
this year im not going to my society's celebration i think D: i am going somewhere else D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In the past, it's always been a quiet boring family affair. So boring in fact, that in recent years I've dosed up on"may cause drowsiness" allergy medication, went to bed at 7:30, and didn't get up till 11:00 the next morning. This year though, since I'm living in town, I have a choice of several New Year's parties to go to so I can party and do stupid crazy stuff and actually have something exciting to do for a change :P

And I don't do resolutions. I don't make promises that I know I'll forget all about 36 hours later...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
We usually watch the New Years pre-ball drop shows since they usually have people performing that we like. Especially last year; I was so proud of my Allison Iraheta. :* At midnight we countdown, toast wine... and go to bed. On actual New Years Day, if family visits, we go out somewhere for dinner, but if not it's treated like a regular day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
New Year's Eve we have family over and have a small party. Hugs and such when the big ball drops and it's the new year. On actual New Year's Day though it's often treated as a normal day.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Usually I party with my family and cousins. Our parents dance until 5am latest and us, we play video games or whatever we feel like doing at the time :P

I hope this New Year's party will be good, since I didn't go to our Christmas party this year since my parents was lazy to go to my cousin's :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This will be the fourth year that I will get super trashed on New Years. But this year we'll have more wine and less beer though. I always go to my mom's side of the family for New Years, we party until the sun rises. It's been done every year.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I used to be with my family, but since we've all kinda begun to split we've been going our own ways. I just stay home and talk to friends, spend it like a normal night. As for a resolution, I'm keeping it private.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013

Yay! I probably won't scream, though; I'll probably be the person asking why everyone is simultaneously yelling. That happened at 4:20 on 4/20 when I went to Marleyfest. I tend to forget the point of what I'm doing at places.

But yes, I will be partying in the streets of Austin in a crowd of crazy, sweaty people. Should be fun!

Back