• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
Name: Blastatron
Game Version: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: None

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
You get tentacruel, persian, snorlax, beedrill, rapidash, and flareon.
Two fire types, two poison types, and two normal types...GREAT!
Really though that team should work fine. Persian is the only one I won't like very much.
I'm gonna cheat and have Ponyta as a starter since you can't get one till the Sevii Islands.

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
Years
So, I'm going to ditch the Soulsilver challenge I have going on, as my save got corrupted and I don't feel like restarting right now. I'd like to start a Black 2 challenge instead.

Name: pleryt17
Game Version: Black 2
Restrictions: All catchable ingame, one pokemon that can learn fly, one the can learn surf, and no more than two pokemon of the same type.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
Name: pleryt17
Restrictions: All catchable ingame, one pokemon that can learn fly, one the can learn surf, and no more than two pokemon of the same type.
Here's you team: Crobat, Altaria, Zangoose, Gothitelle, Vaporeon, and Seviper
Zangoose and Seviper on the same team. I would suggest to not use them together in double battles. And Vaporeon is one of your favorite pokemon so that's nice.

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
Years
Here's you team: Crobat, Altaria, Zangoose, Gothitelle, Vaporeon, and Seviper
Zangoose and Seviper on the same team. I would suggest to not use them together in double battles. And Vaporeon is one of your favorite pokemon so that's nice.

Thanks! Vaporeon is my favorite pokemon, and Crobat is in the top 10 too! Plus, I've always wanted to use the others, so this'll be a good run!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Picked up my random challenge tonight, made it up to Blaine who whited me out, so I should probably level a little bit and catch myself up. But for those interested, here's the team at this point:

Spoiler:

We'll see if I can beat the Elite 4 tomorrow, will be interesting to see.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Haven't updated for a while, so here it goes:

- Guess who came by: I caught a TANGELA! I never believe the internet again. ever. So forget about the re-roll butterfree :p
- I caught a dratini :)
- I beat all gyms
- I beat suicune and latias (and caught them, but of course I won't use them!)
- levels:
Feraligatr = lv 45
Dratini = lv 30
Magneton = lv 43
Flareon = lv 42
Tangela = lv 32
Venomoth = lv 40

Elite 4 here I come!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Random Run Complete! The Elite 4 was exciting, with Gary having me on the edge of my seat almost the entire fight. Gary's Charizard, Exeggutor, and Alakazam had given me problems in my last couple battles but I was able to persevere and finish him off!

And with that, we move to the final team evaluation:
Spoiler:

Overall, this was a very fun run, and I probably wouldn't mind doing another once I catch up on my challenges. Good times...Good times....

Thanks for reading, and if there's one thing to take away from this story, it's this:

GET MAGNETON. NOW. LIKE, RIGHT NOW. LIKE, WHY DON'T YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE? :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
2nd 4th Update!! - just arrived at the next major town - Ambrette Town - promised to update at every major town/city, my next update is when I arrive at Cyllage City. I don't update often since I have about 3 other teams I'm also playing.

Happened Between Route 5 & Ambrette Town:
• Pokemon Caught: 12 - Sentret, Oddish, Honedge, Espurr, Snorlax, Hoppip, Croagunk, Roselia, Zubat, Inkay, Zangoose, Mienfoo - Toxicroak is part of of my challenge, so I had to keep Croagunk in the team
- I promised myself I would battle every wild Pokemon I encountered, and to make an effort in catching the Pokemon I don't have in the PokeDex, the others faint or the wild Pokemon faint my team, no Running Away or using moves that end battles (like Whirlwind or Roar).
• Pokemon Evolved: 1 - Francine

Battles Lost: 1
• Route 6 - against Poké Fan Family Jan & Erin and their Furfrou, double battle - won on the second round.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Current Thoughts:
I'm growing attached to the team - starting to like Ledian a bit more than before, becoming one of my favorite bug types

My current Team:
I need strength in order to get that Water Stone, so George has to remain Panpour a bit longer. To get the next two Pokemon I need for my challenge both have to evolve, Aron & Croagunk.

Polly, the male Pidgey
Spoiler:

Francine, the female Ledian
Spoiler:

Xylina, the female Aron
Spoiler:

Lorraine, the female Croagunk
Spoiler:

George, the male Panpour
Spoiler:

Fox, the female shiny Fennekin
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
Forum Username: mattastro91
Game Version: Red
Restrictions: 1 starter and no mew or mewtwo

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Forum Username: mattastro91
Game Version: Red
Restrictions: 1 starter and no mew or mewtwo

Here's your team:
9.png
83.png
22.png
115.png
105.png
91.png

Please let me know if I understood your request wrongly or if this team is like completely insane and you should have a re-roll ;)

Your team is: Nuzleaf, Pichu, Shuppet, Crobat, Machoke, Delcatty

Thanks for the team, I am sure that I'll have great fun playing with this team :) Balance is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'll try to make it all work out. That's the fun of a challenge, right?

I finally got started on the challenge. Current position: Route 112

Current team:
1AVcNJm.png
QLGofEx.png
CXzxpu3.png

Thoughts on the team so far: Nuzzler is very dominant in power and in general usability, but Nihtweard has also evolved into a powerful and very important asset in the composition of this team. The lack of useful moves whatsoever until level 15 (they can't be serious about that, right??) almost diminished its reputation to the bare minimum in my optics, but it is currently a compelling team member for most tasks. Nyan, on the other hand, has had a disappointing lack of use, but I'm looking forward to add more TM's to that limited levelup moveset. Only time will tell if Nyan can live up to the incredible powers of its cousin in the poptart.

Thoughts on the challenge overall: I had a lot of trouble getting these team members up to the point where they were actually useful, but now that I am progressing further into the game, I shouldn't have any problems with that anymore. I'm looking forward to adding Machoke to the team soon, and I can't wait to get a cute little Pichu :3

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Forum Username: A Shadow's Soul
Game Version: Emerald
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: I'd like to have pokemon capable of HM's, 1 or more pokemon obtainable before first gym without hacking (Any national dex pokes can be hacked later).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Forum Username: A Shadow's Soul
Game Version: Emerald
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: I'd like to have pokemon capable of HM's, 1 or more pokemon obtainable before first gym without hacking (Any national dex pokes can be hacked later).

Your team is Xatu, Sceptile, Starmie, Magcargo, Sharpedo, and Sableye.

I think I got all the HMs in there, if not, let me know and I'll reroll

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
Years
Adventure Log 1

This Morning i received a gift, it was from prof Juniper, she was giving me and my friends, Cheren and Bianca, a Pokemon!

All three of us were very excited because many people who lived here had left and we were the only kids left. We were waiting on Bianca to come, she finally arrived, apologizing for being late. We told her it didn't matter, but to please move faster next time, she agreed to try her best to be punctual, and we moved on to choose our Pokemon. I was told i could choose first, since it was delivered to my house so i went to look at the choices. Inside the box there were the following Pokemon: Snivy, Tepig and Poliwag.

Seeing as Poliwag was not from Unova, i decided to choose her, nicknaming her Poli. Bianca chose next, choosing Tepig, leaving Cheren with Snivy, he didn't complain though. After Cheren picked up Snivy's PokèBall, we noticed three letters at the bottom of the box, each one was labeled with Poliwag, Snivy or Tepig. We figured that the labels were to say which one to pick up, so i picked up the Poliwag letter and my friends picked up theirs, and we opened them, inside mine it read: 'If you chose Poliwag, good choice, and here is a list of Pokemon i need you to catch to fulfill my research, remember! Don't show or speak of these Pokemon, i need you to catch: Simisear, Tranquil, Emolga, Krookadile and Mienshao. It is a balanced team so it will be a great help to you.' I was wondering what was in the other letters, but i guess i will find out, what happened next was a surprise, the normally quiet Bianca had challenged me to a battle! I accepted, just because it was my first battle, and the fact water beats fire, i knew i had it in the bag. And I was right, even though Poli only knew WaterSport and Bubble, I won without a hitch.

Bianca wasn't very surprised at this ending, she then somehow healed my Pokemon and told Cheren it was his turn to battle, but he replied by telling us to look at my room. This time i was surprised of what happened... my room was a mess! It turns out the battle Bianca and i had was pretty rough, Bianca told Cheren that it was already a mess so it would be alright to battle once more, he finally agreed and we started our battle. I have to admit, i was a little worried about this because the only attack Poli has that does damage was Bubble which is a pretty weak attack to begin with, plus like i said i was doing my homework, and i knew water is bad against grass, so i thought i was going to lose. And I was right Cheren thrashed me!

I was devastated, but I didn't mind, I had already won my first battle, i congratulated him and Bianca healed our Pokemon. Cheren told us we would have to go and apologize to my mother, so we went to apologize, but as it turns out, she didn't really mind, she told us she used to be a trainer and that our Pokemon would grow to be really Powerful and that the Prof was looking for us.

Next time Journal.

Blaki'

I wonder what's for dinner :3
Years
I just found this topic and the challenge seems cool so there is my sign up post :

Forum Username: Blaki'
Number of Pokemon: 5
Restrictions: No starter please.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
@Blaki': Here's your team :)
534.gif
601.gif
539.gif
518.gif
542.gif

Conkeldurr - Klinklang - Sawk - Musharna - Leavanny
I hope you like it! and if you can't get one for some reason, Ill be glad to give you a reroll c;

-----

Updates on my game!:
I caught a shiny graveler, so Ill be replacing my tangela for that xD
sorry rules, but if you catch a shiny YOU HAVE TO USE IT! that rule should be added actually c:

Blaki'

I wonder what's for dinner :3
Years
I accept this team, I'll hack in a Munna because the first place I can catch one is the Dreamyard, after beating Elite 4 once. Thanks ^^

Congrats for your shiny Graveler by the way :)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Your team is Xatu, Sceptile, Starmie, Magcargo, Sharpedo, and Sableye.

I think I got all the HMs in there, if not, let me know and I'll reroll

That seems perfectly fine, I don't really need anything for Flash and Dive/Waterfall only get used twice all game.

On a darker note NOT MAGCARGO THAT THING SUCKS SO HARD XD.

Time to get started I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back