• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
check it zel! new banner!

img120.imageshack.us/img120/5579/goldrm6.gif

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
thanks and more thanks. And, DarkArcz, those benches are in a tile set contributed by sena82 (and given credit to the corresponding person).

Finally finished Cianwood, got the SecretPotion, got my Shuckle, defeated Chuck, and gotten a new friend to help the player (she's kind of a friend/rival), with that, the player would have like 5 rivals (two are more recurrent, and you know who they are gonna be)
Also I got the FLY HM. Now I'm in a dilemma, I cant use it too well, since I havent modified the map. Well, at least I was wise enough to be able to fly from Cianwood to Olivine. I gotta learn how to modify my map...

[EDIT]: I like that banner, flipboi, I'll add it after some zzzzz...

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Here's another banner from me:
Code:
img157.imageshack.us/img157/5889/shinygold2zj0.png
Credit to sena82 for the boy and girl sprites (posted at the first page of the thread).
Rest of the images were taken from Google Image Search, so credit is given to the owners of the site they were taken from.
So you`ve about halfway.Anyway good luck and if you don`t have Kanto will you add Red anyway?
He already said Kanto will be in, Johto is being build upon the Sevii Islands.

Edit: I've made an improved version of the second banner (the one at the beginning of the post)
Code:
img154.imageshack.us/img154/9171/shinygold3mi4.png

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Bug Catching Contest!

Thanks martijn, however, didn't like any of them too much. Sometimes, simplicity is better, and not too much images on a single banner. But thanks anyway!

OK. I'll post the Bug Catching Contest. A video may have been better, but I'm not used to videos, and I dont want any to post one (that would mean giving the beta away, which I wont do). So I think the screenshots will do the work.
I'll number them and explain what is going on, and, in the end, I'll post the rules changes.

1)
bcc01ed1.png
2)
bcc02da7.png
3)
bcc03pe6.png
4)
bcc04cp9.png
5)
bcc05tt3.png
6)
bcc06iz3.png
7)
bcc07rg5.png
8)
bcc08ht8.png
9)
bcc09pe9.png

1) Introduction
2) Rules are explained
3) You need to come back with only one poke (you must manually leave the rest in a PC I put close)
4) I know, I know, it was Park Ball, but that's not important (you get 5)
5) The new Contest Area (watch out, the encounter rate is very high!, that because the battles were manually done one by one!)
6) I caught a poke, and I wanted another one. Sorry, that doesnt work! The contest finishes after catching the first one (you need to walk a bit in the grass for the Contest to finish, or you may speak with the attendant)
7) Havent caught anything worth -> Oran Berry :'(
8) Caught a rare or high level poke -> Sun Stone :D
9) This handy attendant is there just to finish the game (just to avoid getting defeated or in case you run out of pokeballs)

Rules
*You can only participate with one pokemon (leave the rest in a close PC manually)
*You get the Park Balls, however it is possible to use your own pokeballs (You dont retain the Park Balls!)
*You are able to use items
*However, if you are defeated, you'll warped back to the last PC, as always, and so the Contest would have ended and you got no prize
*The Contest finishes as soon as you caught one pokemon (walk a bit and it finishes, or speak with the attendant)
*There's no time limit (yet), and so you may wander around as much as you like
*If you run out of pokeballs, the Contest doesnt end, so you must speak with the attendant
*1stPrize:Sun Stone, 2ndPrize:Everstone, 3rdPrize:Sitrus Berry, Other:Oran Berry

I'll try to remember anything else, if I do, I'll edit this post.

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Since you are sticking closely to Gold, will you be able to select male/female trainer or is it just the male trainer?

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Since you are sticking closely to Gold, will you be able to select male/female trainer or is it just the male trainer?

I did play the 1st beta and only the male character is changed. I hope the female trainer is Marina from Pokemon Crystal. It will be perfect character for this hack.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Never knew the trainer from Crystal was called Marina :S
Anyway, nice job on the Bug Catching Contest ! :)

Edit: Finally! I can post images :D

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
you should add crystal, anyways the rules don't matter for me for the contest, as long as you can enter it

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
hey zel! thanks for uploadin my banners, heres another one!

HTML:
img340.imageshack.us/img340/3513/gold2gp0.gif

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'll answer questions, for the rest of the people thanks for the comments. We'll see what the future has for Shiny Gold...

You're not going to use the Safari zone walk limit are you?

First, dont confuse the Bug Catching with the Safari Zone, the BC is a completely new script (well, a bunch of scripts) made entirely by me, not just a copy of scripts. The Safari Zone is untouched, so that may mean that the Safari Zone could make a comeback.

Ehm? Couldn't catch the tone of the question. Would it be good or bad?
Anyway, the 2nd Beta doesnt have a limit, and you can wander around as much as you like. I'll see if I can add the "random? timed" script I used in the Pokemon Salon, for Lapras and for the Moomoo farm's shop. If I can, and works, you could wander around till the script activates.

Picking the female character cannot be avoided, so the female trainer is gonna be Crystal (or Marina, as you wish to call her)

Are you sure Fire Red has enough space for both Johto and Kanto?

Once again, yes. Only problem is to edit the Map. And, someone already said, a rom can be expanded (For now I dont need to)

hey zel! thanks for uploadin my banners, heres another one!

HTML:
img340.imageshack.us/img340/3513/gold2gp0.gif

That one quickly became my favourite! I'll add it later.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
WOAH zel! This is simply the best scripting I've ever seen man. Great screens, scripts, banners and well...everything. The new banner is extremely nice. Good luck, even though you don't need it. Great job!

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'm going to use Flipboi's banner.

Keep up the great work Zel and nice banner Flipboi! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back