• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Kunzite!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey-o!

This is the Team Kunzite thread! It has been developed to form a team that will be working on a rom hack that I introduced in March called Pokemon Kunzite Version (since I obviously cannot do it alone). I plan on having the game contain four "arcs," one where your goal is to stop an evil syndicate, another to become the Pokemon Champion, another to completely take down the syndicate, and a final one to defeat the main antagonist of the game. This will make it differ from other traditional Pokemon games. It will also be longer. I also plan on adding a lot of bonus events, and I'm hoping for some cool scripting. This is why I need you guys; there's no way I can figure out how to do all of this myself. Sure, I can map pretty well, I can make sprites, I can edit tiles, I can write music, and I can do basic scripting, but that's not going to finish the game itself.

So, here's the application. I'm not going to be too hard on you guys for this; you still have to meet the requirements of the application, but even if you're not too talented, I'll probably still accept you-I need all the help I can get!

Spoiler:

The current members of the team are listed below:
heyo - Leader, storyline developer, mapper, script developer, sprite developer, composer
MrRetroRenaissance - Sprite developer
Ashketchum24 - Mapper, script developer, sprite developer
Herpahermaderp - Mapper, script developer
TheHaymaker - Mapper, script developer
kaedearagaki - Mapper, script developer
rhettz_emboar - Beta tester, script developer
Bomberboy04 - Beta tester

The current projects of the team are listed below:
Pokemon Kunzite Version - Fire Red Hack

I'm looking for help from everyone! If you can make a decent map, I'll accept you! If you can write a good script, I'll accept you! If you can edit tiles or the title screen, I'll be sure to accept you right away!

If you would like to see what Pokemon Kunzite currently looks like, you can find the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Name: Brighton
Preferred Name/Nickname: Brighton/Herp

Skills: Basic and some advanced scripting
Proof of Work: clicky clicky
Past Experience: I have been a part of two ROM hacking teams, and I play around with hacking quite a bit

Contact Information: Skype: Herpahermaderp
Time Zone (you can PM me this if you do not want to publicly share this): CST (CDT right now)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Skill(s): Sprites
Proof of Work: Pm if you want the link
Past Experience: Currently working on spriting for Pokemon scarlet red
Contact Information (Preferably Skype): email: [email protected]
Time Zone: Eastern time Canada

Pls pm if I am Accepted!!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Past Experience: I have been a part of two ROM hacking teams, and I play around with hacking quite a bit

Time Zone (you can PM me this if you do not want to publicly share this): CST (CDT right now)

When I click your proof, it brings me to the dropbox homepage. If it's a download, could you try Mediafire?

Skill(s): Sprites
Proof of Work: Pm if you want the link
Past Experience: Currently working on spriting for Pokemon scarlet red
Contact Information (Preferably Skype): email: [email protected]
Time Zone: Eastern time Canada

Pls pm if I am Accepted!!

I'm going to have to PM you before I decide. :)
EDIT: Accepted! I'll update the OP.

Last edited:

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
TEAM KUNZITE APPLICATION

Name: ashketchum24 or ash either one

Skills: mapping,scripting,spriting pretty much anything
Proof of Work: currently working on scarlet red but i could fully commit to yours
Past Experience: a hack as seen in my Sig
Contact Information: email: [email protected]
ime Zone: central zone

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
TEAM KUNZITE APPLICATION

Name: ashketchum24 or ash either one

Skills: mapping,scripting,spriting pretty much anything
Proof of Work: currently working on scarlet red but i could fully commit to yours
Past Experience: a hack as seen in my Sig
Contact Information: email: [email protected]
ime Zone: central zone

You won't have to fully commit to mine, but you are accepted.
By the way, looking at your signature, does that show that you can edit the title screen?

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
When I click your proof, it brings me to the dropbox homepage. If it's a download, could you try Mediafire?
EDIT: Accepted! I'll update the OP.

Yup yup, put the wrong link in there, lol. It's fixed now, though.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Yup yup, put the wrong link in there, lol. It's fixed now, though.

Accepted!
Also, I know you put scripting in as the work you applied for, but I checked out your Cardinal rom, and I love your mapping and tiles! Would you be willing to do either of those?

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Accepted!
Also, I know you put scripting in as the work you applied for, but I checked out your Cardinal rom, and I love your mapping and tiles! Would you be willing to do either of those?

Well, uh, I can do some mapping for you, yes, but I have no idea how to insert/make good tiles, lol, those were done by somebody else

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, uh, I can do some mapping for you, yes, but I have no idea how to insert/make good tiles, lol, those were done by somebody else

Haha, oh, well that's okay. I'm glad you can map, anyways, because I do like your style.

Years
TEAM KUNZITE APPLICATION

Name: Matt
Preferred Name/Nickname: Whatever you want, but the folks at GameFaqs called me Fluffs, so that'd be cool too

Skills: Well not much. Basic scripting and basic mapping
Proof of Work: None really, I just love to help as much as I can, so I can get better and help more
Past Experience: Played around with scripting to learn but that's it

Contact Information: PM or [email protected]
Time Zone (you can PM me this if you do not want to publicly share this):EST

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey-o everyone! I'm just making an announcement that although things so far are starting off reeeaaally slow, I'm getting a day off from work tomorrow, and I'll be primarily focusing it on Kunzite. So, hopefully, you guys'll be available for any discussions we may have. If you have any questions or concerns, you can PM me here or contact my Youtube channel (which is in my signature), for I frequently check those. I'm really excited to see where this team'll get us, thanks guys!

By the way, if I seem unprofessional at all, it's because this is my first time really leading a team (or being part of any team). It feels like a pretty big responsibility, so if there's something you don't like about me or something I can improve, feel free to let me know. :)

TEAM KUNZITE APPLICATION

Name: Matt
Preferred Name/Nickname: Whatever you want, but the folks at GameFaqs called me Fluffs, so that'd be cool too

Skills: Well not much. Basic scripting and basic mapping
Proof of Work: None really, I just love to help as much as I can, so I can get better and help more
Past Experience: Played around with scripting to learn but that's it

Contact Information: PM or [email protected]
Time Zone (you can PM me this if you do not want to publicly share this):EST

PMed.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Alrighty, bear with me guys, because I'm usually pretty busy, but today things are going to get started. I'm going to send everyone a message in case they don't check the thread.

one question.
is it a FR/LG hack or R/S/E hack?

It's a hack of Fire Red.

EDIT:

Anyways, I feel like I should post some progress done that's not on the Kunzite thread itself.

Maps:
Spoiler:

Pokedex thus far:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Name: The Haymaker
Preferred Name/Nickname: Whatever idc, Haymaker, SM10 (short for another 1 of my usernames), just Hay or T if you're feeling lazy haha

Skills: Some mapping, Fakemon ideas, basic scripting (still learning), and maybe making good custom tiles once I get some time to look into it

Proof of Work: Honestly, my first project that isnt messing around, just want to help and make this hack truly great. (Everyone has to start somewhere right?)

Past Experience: Trial and error on my own time (and when my comp works >.>)

Contact Information: IM or PM preferably because I like never check my e-mail...

Time Zone: EST

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Name: The Haymaker
Preferred Name/Nickname: Whatever idc, Haymaker, SM10 (short for another 1 of my usernames), just Hay or T if you're feeling lazy haha

Skills: Some mapping, Fakemon ideas, basic scripting (still learning), and maybe making good custom tiles once I get some time to look into it

Proof of Work: Honestly, my first project that isnt messing around, just want to help and make this hack truly great. (Everyone has to start somewhere right?)

Past Experience: Trial and error on my own time (and when my comp works >.>)

Contact Information: IM or PM preferably because I like never check my e-mail...

Time Zone: EST

I believe we've already talked about this, haha, you're accepted.

EDIT: Heads up for people who want to join; we have a lot of mappers, probably not looking for too many more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I believe we've already talked about this, haha, you're accepted.

EDIT: Heads up for people who want to join; we have a lot of mappers, probably not looking for too many more.
Thanks and indeed haha so much mapping >.> if nothing else, at least the game will look good

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Quick question: are the typings of the new Pokemon final, or can they still be adjusted/changed?

Back