• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

As we have seen more and more Pokemon get released with their evolution's and such, it has become quite clear they wish to bring more light on the Pokemon's designs. But through all of this, do you like the designs, the graphics and the new characters? My opinion is that X/Y is so totally rocking it I might die from excitement! Despite my 'Too Much?' thread, which I now regret, I decided I shall embrace the graphics! :D

Spoiler:
pokemon-x-y-screenshots-1.jpg

pic3.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-01-08-11h55m03_24338.nphd.jpg

xpokemon.png.pagespeed.ic.0UubzDS8Ki.png

Thanks! :P

Last edited:

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
I'm am excited for this one to hopefully they don't get my hopes up like the 4 Gen cuz I was really excited for that ok but they let me down with 4 Gen but I don't think they will with this one I got high hopes for this game lets see how awesome it will be lol

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I am trembling each time a new trailer is released.
Never been so excited about a game before.
Still i am sure that they are going to screw something up because everything seems too good to be true.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Everything about it looks really awesome, has there been any announcement on how the transfer from other gens are going to work? that's really the only thing I am concerned about.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I am actually really excitied for these games, even more so than any others over the past years, I'm loving the designs of the Pokémon and the 3D graphics are outstanding!

Ditto! Looks like Gamefreak has done it again, but even better than before! I predict my future self will enjoy this greatly! ;P

Pokémon has come a long way and it continues to improve with graphics and gameplay, it makes me wonder how much more they're going to do with Pokémon...

Years
Well, because I likely wont get this game or a 3Ds for a couple months I hope I get them for christmas. I hope they don't have many wifi events till after christmas and no more stupid dream world where you find weak pokemon would be awesome. To be honest I prefer the 4th and 5th gen graphic (Ow) but the battle graphics for this game makes me want to get it and a 3Ds. But I do think some of the evolutions look stupid like slyveon. My main concern is glitchs and if they have made this game cheat proof. If they did then thats awesome. I think it's unfair how mewtwo has a new form but not me. I don't like the desing to any of the starters but I might pick grass if I get a 3Ds because I rarely use grass. I bave a feeling that they are gonna screw up alittle and everyone wl complain. Honestly as long as it's playable I'd play it.

tnfsf11

Everything about it looks really awesome, has there been any announcement on how the transfer from other gens are going to work? that's really the only thing I am concerned about.
No, not yet, announcements like these might come a bit later.
But I don't think it will be possible, because Pokémon like Gardevoir will get new typings & moves, which won't be compatible with previous games :/

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I'd be upset if we couldn't transfer. There'd be no way to catch every Pokemon anymore, and there aren't any events around here to get another Mew.

There'll be transfer, no worries. They learned their lesson after Gen 2-3.

Years
I'd be upset if we couldn't transfer. There'd be no way to catch every Pokemon anymore, and there aren't any events around here to get another Mew.

There'll be transfer, no worries. They learned their lesson after Gen 2-3.

But transefer is unfair for people who dont have past gen games. They should just add every pokemon in the game. Or atleast all the elementary and they did have events for b/w

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
But transefer is unfair for people who dont have past gen games. They should just add every pokemon in the game. Or atleast all the elementary and they did have events for b/w

But not transfering will be unfair to people like me who took my time and money and effort to catch all 649 pokemon.

I've had my milotic since my sapphire version and if I can't transfer I'm gonna have a problem .
There are no compatibility issues , its not like your actually taking your pokemon from one game and sending it to a another right?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'm really excited about the games, and it seems like the only future release that is getting a lot of attention and hype.

Rewarding people who purchased their other games doesn't make it unfair. If you don't have the past gen games you cn still trade for whatever you want. Transfering just allows people to move their collections forward a generation, and locking one time events in older games would be upsetting for many.

Years
But not transfering will be unfair to people like me who took my time and money and effort to catch all 649 pokemon.

I've had my milotic since my sapphire version and if I can't transfer I'm gonna have a problem .
There are no compatibility issues , its not like your actually taking your pokemon from one game and sending it to a another right?

How did you catch all pokemon? You could only catch mew by cheating or really old events just like jarachi, Darkria, and shaymin. And you most likely didn't get all of those events. And people like me who didn't even know there were events durning some of the gens it is really unfair. I think only non legendaryl pokemon should be transfered if that

I'm really excited about the games, and it seems like the only future release that is getting a lot of attention and hype.

Rewarding people who purchased their other games doesn't make it unfair. If you don't have the past gen games you cn still trade for whatever you want. Transfering just allows people to move their collections forward a generation, and locking one time events in older games would be upsetting for many.

Really? Hmm here is what happens, you goto the gts and try to trade for a jirachi and other legendarys and all people want is a level 1-10 legendary or 3rd evo and to get llegendarys that low you need to cheat, so it is unfair because you cant get things like that. It is just stupid. They should just allow people to trade non legendarys and minnor legendarys. This would be much more fair.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
You had an event for Mew in Gen 3, you needed a ticket to go on the island and catch him in the tall grass.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How did you catch all pokemon? You could only catch mew by cheating or really old events just like jarachi, Darkria, and shaymin. And you most likely didn't get all of those events. And people like me who didn't even know there were events durning some of the gens it is really unfair. I think only non legendaryl pokemon should be transfered if that

Really? Hmm here is what happens, you goto the gts and try to trade for a jirachi and other legendarys and all people want is a level 1-10 legendary or 3rd evo and to get llegendarys that low you need to cheat, so it is unfair because you cant get things like that. It is just stupid. They should just allow people to trade non legendarys and minnor legendarys. This would be much more fair.

Actually a fair number of Legendary Pokemon were released as events at low levels. Three are in game events as well.

They rerelease Event Pokemon every Generation or so. I have all of them except one from 4th Gen (that was released locally for me) since it was at a store I couldn't go to.

Nakala Pri

Personally, I think petting and hand feeding your Pokemon is what we need for the younger viewers. Pokemon are like better versions of pets for young children, so being able to feed them and smooch them and feed them is quite a good idea in my opinion. :P

Years
Actually a fair number of Legendary Pokemon were released as events at low levels. Three are in game events as well.

They rerelease Event Pokemon every Generation or so. I have all of them except one from 4th Gen (that was released locally for me) since it was at a store I couldn't go to.

Yes but my point was if you didnt have any of the older games or missed the events, it's rather unfair. Not everyone has wifi. This makes it so some people can't have a completed pokedex.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Many of my complaints towards the older games are already being addressed. :) I'm really excited for all the upcoming changes.

Back