• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
Just thought I'd show you guys the Map for this region...

0Map3b.png

Asphar Region

Your home town... or should I say city... is the one located in the H shaped partsouth of the centre.

Years
Update

Done a fair amount more work on coding the Battle System, but struggling graphically.

Attack.png
Pokemon.png

Run.png

Done away with the Pokedex-look.

Opinions?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I see no reason why you should struggle with the graphics. Everything looks great, especially the battle system.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2010
This game looks really great and original. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the danger bar and the HP bar in the battle screen are so small. Maybe it's just a thing I need to get used to, but I think it's better to make them a little bit bigger or make them stand out in some way. I like the little menu at the bottom though.

Years
Update

Just thought I'd write a little bit about the Attack system, as that's what I'm working on coding at the moment.

After careful consideration, I changed my mind and there is now no 4-move limit, your Pokemon can learn as many moves as it is able to.

There is also no PP either.

You may then be wondering, 'What's to stop us from just abusing the high-powered moves non-stop?'. This is where I introduce you to the...

Fatigue System

Every time your Pokemon uses an attack, they become more tired. The stronger the attack, the more energy it takes away from your Pokemon.
Once your Pokemon becomes fairly tired, it's Speed will slowly start decreasing (temporarily of course). It also may miss a turn in battle once in while.

When it becomes really tired, it may faint from exhaustion and need care at a Pokemon Centre.

'So how do I stop this? Take it to the bloody Pokemon Centre after every battle!?'

It'll usually take a little while for your Pokemon to start getting tired (especially if you train it's stamina), and unless it's fainted from exhaustion there's no need to take it to a Pokecentre.

All you need to do is just let it sleep for a while - either battle or train another Pokemon in the meantime.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I love the story and the new battle visuals.
My only problem is that I like the hp bars.

Years
Update

Finished all the Attacks now, just need to code them into the battle system.

There are 233 Moves in total.
  • 157 of them are moves that most Pokemon of the required type can learn.
  • 64 are moves uniques to a single Pokemon/Evolutionary line (a small few are shared though, such as Horsea/Seadra/Goldeen/Seaking).
  • 12 extremely special attacks related to one of the main story plots.

The attacks are from all four generations, with about 35 custom moves (not including the 12 specials) made by moi.

Last edited:
Years
Update

Still been working on the Battle System. Turns out that I had made an error in the way I had planned to code it, so had to start again coding in a different way. But things are going smoothly now.

Battle1-1.png

The only attack which I've done the battle animation for at the moment.

Battle2.png

Battle3-1.png

The Attack Selection screen.​

If you're wondering about the colouration of the map in the third screenshot, that's because it was a really hot summer afternoon when i pressed printscreen. :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Here are some random comments for you to read.

The battle background is great. Don't change it- change the platform the enemy is standing on (why did you go with only black anyways).

Attach the enemy name part back into the window in the top right. The few pixels in between aren't doing the overall look any favours.

I like (borderline love) your idea on how attacks are dealt with. Nice choice allowing the players to have all of the attacks- it's something pure pokemon game fans will hate, but I like due to the fact your trying something different.

The icons for the battle commands are way to small. Like way to small. I can't even tell that they are. I play my Rm2k3 games in the default 320 by 240 window size (the size of the screenshots) and not the double size (which is the default testing size). Design you buttons and menus with that small size in mind and not the doubled up test window. If I had a guess, those icons for the commands wouldn't even be 20 by 20 pixels.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I love the battle concepts. Even though being a pure Pokemon Game fan, I still think that it's awsome to be able to have all possible attacks :P. The Fatugue system makes it so realistic I can't even describe it. Great concepts!

Radnen

Pokemon Odyssey Network Monkey
Years
This game is looking very unique. I really like your oblivion-approach to open world gameplay with enemies as though they are on a "leveled list". These are some really A+ ideas.

Though I'm having trouble with this whole "programming" business. Last I saw, RM2k/3 never had a programming language, however its successor RMXP did: Ruby. Yeah, I know I'm a nitpick, why couldn't you call it "organised mouse-clicking?" lol

Well, hey it's great you get to struggle with rm2k/3 while doing this! I've always find it fascinating that people actually sit down with that software to create something it wasn't designed to make (cbs's or cms's, for example). I could never do that, I quit using that program when I found how hard it was to create detailed algorithms and procedures that would normally have been far easier to do in a real programming language.

I hope taking all that extra time to design the necessary systems doesn't discourage you! It's a really greatly conceived game!

Years
I'm instantly impressed by this game, especially the way almost everything is original and so different. I think the battle system is really interesting and the way you're going against the tide is brilliant.

Can I just suggest something (i know this isn't important now, as you're at the coding stage) but when you come to mapping and stuff, you should look into alternative tilesets- to complete the new feel of the game- rather than sticking to R/S/E ones.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Though I'm having trouble with this whole "programming" business. Last I saw, RM2k/3 never had a programming language, however its successor RMXP did: Ruby. Yeah, I know I'm a nitpick, why couldn't you call it "organised mouse-clicking?" lol
As a fellow Rm2k3 developer, I feel I must add.....

You trying to get me worked up or what? lol.
It's still programming, it just aint scripting. How do you think the bloody game runs? It's a programming language that Rm2k3 understands under the hood.
You still have to understand basic programming such as variables and branches if you wish to code anything good with Rm2k3.

Back