• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gem Stone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
(RMXP) Pokémon Gem Stone.

Story/Plot.
\

Welcometo beautiful region of Carthon. You and Grandmother live in the smallest andpoorest town in all of Cathon, Crater Village. Your Father Lives in the next city over, AstroTown and is also the regions Pokemon Professor. But all is not Peaceful in Carthon, A once underground Pokemonorganization has finally showed its face as none other than Team Hurricane.Little did they know that another Team with a stronger power anyone has ever seen. This team is called TeamEarthquake and they have the ability to control the Weather. The other Teamsacross the world will want to destroy the two powerful teams. "I'm afraid this has only just begun andsoon the world will forever more be at war." The first Pokemon World Warhas just begun and it's up to you to stop them.

Features.

New region.
All other regions Accessible.
The First Pokémon World War.
New Evil Teams that go across the Pokémon World.
Plot doesn't stop after one region.
Poke Overlook, a mysterious mountain in the middle of theocean that transports you to any region.
The Realm of Legends, The Middle Dimension where alllegendary Pokémon stay.

Screenshots.

OLD.

NEW

Credits.

Me.

CNG for kit

khkramer for tilesets

Pocill for making all this possible.

Nintendo for Pokémon.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Not alot going on here! Don't understand why the screenshots are on a different website... Alot of people say their games story can change the story through events and the story will never be the same, but it is alot of work, do you think you can live up to that?

I looked at your screenshots and, a mix of styles there, I too had a mix of styles, but have seen the light and is best when you don't mix, choose a style and stick to that... Try making a few edits to some tiles to give your game a uniqueness.

Story/Plot... This is neither, you have a little information about the story being changed at the beggining, like, 3 times, you've given some info on the starter Pokémon... I'm one of the more, nicer, subtle people in this community... So basically, this is me saying to you, revise some more, look at what your going to do or what you want this game to achieve... Keep this updated as much as possible!

Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
ok thanks I will do my best. But what do you mean by I switch styles? But just an update yes the story will be unique just I need to think about the you choose your destiny part because I don't know much eventing but I am an excellent mapper. Speaking of which I might need a team. Any help will be appreciated.

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Really like the story idea. It really intrigues me. However, I do have to give some constructive criticism. You really need more of a plot rather than a idea of what would happen in this game would be better. I just really want to know. Also, if your including 5/6 regions in this game and aslo creating multiple branching plot lines, it is defiantly gonna be a ton of work! If you think you can handle this, fine. Just a warning. Just a question: would there be new pokemon for the new region?

The screenshots are OK, but a few word of advice. On the 2nd, the chimney and house have different shadow angles (not very important). Also, In the 3rd, the sand/walkway is realy bland. Spice it up a bit (OK now I sound weird ;P).

Besides the absence of a story, I really like where this seems to be headed. Keep this updated!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
[SIZE="a"]Thanks. I will try to make the path look better and as an update I will need to renovate my choose your own plot idea as I am not a good eventer. But if people like this idea then if you can help with eventing this will be more possible.

Now recruiting tileset artists, mappers, and pretty much everything. Any help is needed.[/SIZE]

UPDATE.

I changed the tileset to a mix of BW and HGSS which will change the maps entirely. so to save some work i will remake the maps from images of HGSS in BW format. will post screenshots in a couple minutes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Finished Pallet Town and Route 1. Now working on Viridean City. I could use some help with mapping and eventing.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Posted here as request of 1ninjadude1701.

I say that you saw my game and wanted it to improve. I was just wondering what exactly do you think should improve? i know you give good critisism so i hope that you can give some or if you have time join the team. I know that maight be a little big but it's just me :( So i can't get much done. anyways hope you can help me.
Thanks.

Your using a Gen1 character, but Gen3+ tiles...

Try using one style, if you like the character you are using, change the tiles... If you like the tyles, change the character, that's a simple thing to do...

try posting you pictures on your thread, it's more convenient! We like pictures :classic:

The thing with a "destiny" of your character, is, they usually don't have one. Ash in the anime had a "destiny" to fill, within Pokémon 2000, that was about it, otherwise his "goal" was to reach the Pokémon League of all regions... Maybe your character would like to use that, for somewhere to start!

You said your game will change depending on events, believe me, this is ALOT of work! I'm doing it haha and I've evented probably 10% of KANTO, so it gets very tidius! Have you got the skills and such to do this... No... You've already stated that you can map, but you can't event, so this may be a little to high end for you! Stick to what you know! Try the old, here's your Pokémon, there's the exit, kind of story! Events don't need to be special (make sure they are grammically right though), too many switches may leave you confused, if you create an in-game story, make sure it's small, it doesn't have to be big to be good, I.E Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, going through Silph Co.... Simple yet effective.

For your thread itself, as I said before, add more pictures, even if it's of your main character, give them a bio, a name, age, etc.
The story is a little synopsis, tells you what is going on within the region, you were almost there with what you put, but, you made it more along the lines of a walk-through.

The idea about waking up early and receiving one of 3 Pokémon or getting up late and receiving Pikachu, keep this, nobody has done this (to my knowledge), it's a good idea... Well Done!
Just make sure the in-game event can offer this as "you snooze, you lose" kind of feeling!

The thing about being able to join either team, Earthquake or Hurricane (good choice of counter team names.), It's very much an unstable thing to create, It can go well to a certain point! Your game will crumble when you get there!

State more features, this is what brings in the fans! If you don't have any uniqueness to bring to the table, that's okay, we don't expect you to do anything you cannot achieve... It's almost unlikely your game will be any bit the same as another.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Thanks for your input. i updated the first post for the new and improved Pokemon Gem Stone.

Back