• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think b2/w2 is the final main series pokemon game?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't know. What other ideas can they come up with? It seems like they're already running out of pokemon designs. But I won't give up hope on pokemon! They're successful now, doesn't mean they won't be successful in the future. I'll say pokemon'll be around for another few good more years to come. :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I have no reason to believe one way or the other, so I guess, Occam's Razor, they make a lot of money off of it, so I can't see this being the end.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I think that they need to make an M-rated Pokemon game. I know people would say that won't pander to the younger crowds, but the original people who played the original games are close to the age where they'd be in college, they need to bring those people back in if they want to make money.

Plus, I'm interested what they would do to make it M-rated, probably do something like a Fabled storyline, where the second half of the game takes place after completing the main story. (I've only played III, so if I'm wrong on the first two, forgive my ignorance.)

That, or they need to make like a Pokemon Rainbow, where all the generations are accessible (probably start with Unova so you can just talk to Skyla after beating Unova Elite 4, and she can take you to the other regions), and where you can catch all the legendaries and Pokemon where they were originally able to be caught. Just a thought.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
You don't need new pokémon per generation, maybe a mix of generations, new region, maybe old gym leaders etc.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What do you mean running out of ideas? You can make a new pokemon fairly easyly. Besides there is still a ton of animals and plants they have not yet used.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I don't know. What other ideas can they come up with? It seems like they're already running out of pokemon designs. But I won't give up hope on pokemon! They're successful now, doesn't mean they won't be successful in the future. I'll say pokemon'll be around for another few good more years to come. :)

I don't get this at all :\ some of the 'mons in Generation I were crap, just like some of them in Gen V are crap. But there are many in Generation V ones are awesome. There's crap in every Gen really.

But yes! I think it'll be around for a while yet.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I think they'll keep it up. Like people have said, it's pretty easy to come up with new pokemon (I came up with about 20 in math once) and the game is still popular.

Sirfetch’d

There will never be a time where there are no more pokemon ideas. I mean there are a bunch of cat and dog Pokemon. You can base many Pokemon off of the same animal, plant, or thing. I think we will have many more generations of Pokemon. There will not be an end anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Moved to gaming central since its more a discussion of what else is to come as well as is this the end of Pokemon main games in general.

Pseudo-woodo

Most definetly a grass type
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
As has been stated earlier, Nintendo just does this to make money. Pokemon makes boatloads of money, so there will be more Pokemon. If Pokemon stops making boatloads of money, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon, Pokemon will end. Its that simple.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
As long as the franchise is profitable, it will never, ever stop. Simple as that. If Pokemon is still as profitable in 500 years time as it is now, they still wont stop making the merchandise.

Years
I don't particularly think the series will end anytime soon seeing as how largely successful it has been throughout the world. And I don't want it to end anytime soon, as the games continue to get better and better with each new generation.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
If the main series ends, then it will be when:
a) there is no profit
b) there are no ideas (highly unlikely)
c) GameFreak is sold to a different company (we know that won't happen)
d) Ken Sugimori or Satoshi Tajiri leave GameFreak (that may or may not create the downfall of Pokemon, and is extremely unlikely.)

Oh, and the Pokemon Rainbow idea is awesome:

dragonnathan025 said:
That, or they need to make like a Pokemon Rainbow, where all the generations are accessible (probably start with Unova so you can just talk to Skyla after beating Unova Elite 4, and she can take you to the other regions), and where you can catch all the legendaries and Pokemon where they were originally able to be caught. Just a thought.

Anyway, B2W2 could not be the last ones because of Gen III remakes, and also the fact that N was in another region for 2 years sparks questions... Also, they could still put together a Gray version... which would cover possibly not only the 2 year gap but also the two storylines from BW/B2W2.

I know the Gray idea is far-fetched, but it would be cool...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
With how much more space is available on the 3DS cartridge in comparison to the DS cartridge, I can't wait to see what Gen VI will bring. As others have said, there will be no end to Pokemon anytime soon.

Years
Considering Black and White 2 sold more than 1.6 million copies in it's first weekend in Japan only, I think it's safe to say that there will be future games in the series. Plus with the cards and the anime still being pretty successful, I don't see why they would stop now, especially when they're still making all that money.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There will continue to be more Pokemon games made until they stop becoming profitable. And that's not going to happen for a loooooooooong-ass time. Creativity be damned; money makes the world go round! :D

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Not anytime soon. I don't think GameFreak is running out of ideas, but rather sixth gen will just have to dig deeper. It will have the 3DS though, which will give more of a capable jump than what BW could do (something like the jump from Gen 3 to 4.) Though when Pokemon is finally done, I feel like GameFreak will intend for it to go out with a bang, like the 'all region exploration' that will be suggested as an idea for the end of time.

Eventually it will end though, may it be because of declining profits, or bone dry from ideas. It will happen, but the concern is just when it will.

Back