• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Most likely he meant the caught by caught National Dex Pokemon, which is in order words Pokemon that didn't exist in Unova like Hoppip, Mudkip etc... are also included.

Because Cedric evaluate the National Pokedex, while Aurea Juniper judges your Pokedex progress by Unova Pokedex.

Try talking to Aurea and look at the number that she tells you, and see if it's the 'correct' one.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Most likely he meant the caught by caught National Dex Pokemon, which is in order words Pokemon that didn't exist in Unova like Hoppip, Mudkip etc... are also included.

Because Cedric evaluate the National Pokedex, while Aurea Juniper judges your Pokedex progress by Unova Pokedex.

Try talking to Aurea and look at the number that she tells you, and see if it's the 'correct' one.

Ah right I see now. However I never caught a Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex as I am only focusing on the Unova region....so now I am more confused.

Also, Aurea Juniper says I 'Seen' 154 Unova Pokemon. But Juniper isn't what I am confused about :P But I do have a more clear understand between the two now. But I am still lost about the Pokedex Number and the Cedric number.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Ah right I see now. However I never caught a Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex as I am only focusing on the Unova region....so now I am more confused.

Also, Aurea Juniper says I 'Seen' 154 Unova Pokemon. But Juniper isn't what I am confused about :P But I do have a more clear understand between the two now. But I am still lost about the Pokedex Number and the Cedric number.
'Focusing on the Unova region', but Mass Outbreak takes place in Unova, is there a chance you caught one of those?
Pokemon like Bagon which are able to find in Hidden Grottos, most DW Pokemon from Entree Forest, Pokemon like Barboach which are able to find in Iccirus City and Moor of Icirrus etc... Are not consider as Unova Pokemon.
Though I'm sure you know it already.

toxictwinkie

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
'Focusing on the Unova region', but Mass Outbreak takes place in Unova, is there a chance you caught one of those?
Pokemon like Bagon which are able to find in Hidden Grottos, most DW Pokemon from Entree Forest, Pokemon like Barboach which are able to find in Iccirus City and Moor of Icirrus etc... Are not consider as Unova Pokemon.
Though I'm sure you know it already.

Nope, I haven't even encountered any if those pokemon, let alone caught. I have encountered/seen pokemon outside the unova dex, while completing it though.

.....so no one can answer my original question?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Nope, I haven't even encountered any if those pokemon, let alone caught. I have encountered/seen pokemon outside the unova dex, while completing it though.

.....so no one can answer my original question?

It was answered. You've caught 130 out of 300 of the Unova Dex and 142 out of 649 of the National Dex. Caught and obtained are the same thing. "Seen" means you've encountered it, but have not caught it yet.

toxictwinkie

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
It was answered. You've caught 130 out of 300 of the Unova Dex and 142 out of 649 of the National Dex. Caught and obtained are the same thing. "Seen" means you've encountered it, but have not caught it yet.

THIS! This is the answer that was clear cut and straight to the point. Also I know what 'seen' means. However I got thrown off with the 'caught' and 'obtained' as it was expressed differently from the pokedex and cendric which is another reason I got confused with how many pokemon I caught and how it was out of 300 and not 153 (which i had no Idea) Now I know the reason why, thanks guys for the help. Sorry if I sounded blunt. :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Easiest Way to backup gamesaves

So I've recently decided that I'd like to play pokemon and I've borrowed my brother's copy of White, and once I'm done with that I'll be playing his copy of Black 2. I'd like to know what would be the cheapest/easiest way to backup his save game, so as to allow me to create my own?

Years
So I've recently decided that I'd like to play pokemon and I've borrowed my brother's copy of White, and once I'm done with that I'll be playing his copy of Black 2. I'd like to know what would be the cheapest/easiest way to backup his save game, so as to allow me to create my own?

Sadly I don't think you can do that because Pokemon games can only have one save file at a time. You can try getting your own copies of the game yourself.

Years
I sold my Nintendo DS lite and got a 3DS and now game sync has been out of energy for more than 24 hours!!! how do I fix???
What exactly do you mean "out of energy"? I know for a fact when you change systems your friend code needs to renew, so try that, but I've never even heard of this problem.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
What exactly do you mean "out of energy"? I know for a fact when you change systems your friend code needs to renew, so try that, but I've never even heard of this problem.

the message reads "Game Sync Has Run Out Of Energy. It Will Take A Day To Recharge." BUT IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY!!! WHAT DO I DO????

WHY IS NOBODY HELPING ME???????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It takes more than 24 hours to resync most of the time. This is not something anyone here can help you with. All we can do is state what we did, how it happened to us and what not.

Contacting Gamefreak and TPC or Nintendo will give you a generic message.

Your game cannot be played for the duration of the 24 hours iirc. If it still does not fix after that try contacting TPC or Nintendo with your issue, in a respectible manner. No ALL CAPS AND EXCLAMATIONS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a person were to see that in their inbox when looking over their technical difficulties reviews they will close your issue and completely ignore you.

The only thing you can do is wait it out. It will sync eventually so long as they don't shut down the site.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
the message reads "Game Sync Has Run Out Of Energy. It Will Take A Day To Recharge." BUT IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY!!! WHAT DO I DO????

WHY IS NOBODY HELPING ME???????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To add what the mighty Ampharos guy said, normally you can't access Dream World if you use your game cartridges on a different DS/3DS from the one that you usually use. In your case, you're using your new 3DS, your Gen V game recognise your 3DS as a new DS, therefore you have to wait for an another 24 hours. If my answer doesn't work, please follow Xander's advice, contact Nintendo and/or Game Freak. AND STOP SPAMMING THOSE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! IT'S EXTREMELY IRRITATING TO SEE!!!!

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I keep getting blown back to the same corner of Mistralton Gym (see the attached screenshot). No matter which pathway I try, those pesky wind machines keep me from reaching any trainer beyond the first. What should I do, short of giving up?

Last edited:
Years
I keep getting blown back to the same corner of Mistralton Gym (see the attached screenshot). No matter which pathway I try, those pesky wind machines keep me from reaching any trainer beyond the first. Whzt should I do, short of giving up?

Try watching this video, it should give you the directions:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back