• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 25, 2010
Whoever is doing the graphical effects is really quite good. I haven't seen custom houses and buildings that well done! Nice looking menu as well.

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
could it be in between clacton on sea and margate?
it's to the right of london.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Unfortunately that is not correct. I know btw. (I wasn't allowed to enter)
Also, to Peeky, there is no bottom-right. I think you meant bottom-left. The one above it is Larcoon. I don't think we can disclose the name of the hometown yet. And I think we should stick to the deadline of April 1st, I think it is guessable.
Also, since I am head of storyline, could I devise some of the riddles to get the eggs? But I really do still prefer the leaders just giving you the egg. There could be some cute dialogue with you and the leader.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Your map "Okyto Region" is based on Lizard Point, Cornwall.

Those north-west mountains are around Helston.Sort of.

The bottom left town is pretty much exactly where lizard point is. The inlets at the top are near Truro.

Do I win?;)

Btw, your graphics, the buildings etc. are brilliant.Better than Pokemon Raptor, which seems to be the only downloadable game around here.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Nightrider434343: Thanks. The tiles are made by a selection of people, credited on the front page. All have been edited by me with my own custom pallets. The menu's being improved soon.

@shadowtogepi: See below post.

@pikarich: Yes, I did mean bottom left, I can't beleive I did that. Although, while typing this I automatically wrote right in the last sentence...
We could disclose the hometowns name, but I don't think it matches it anymore so it'll need a new one. Anyone got any suggestions? Yeah, aggreed. Of course you can, I was actually going to ask you to. Maybe there could be a choice, they tell you a riddle, or you give them $20,000?

@Amore: That's right! Congratulations, you now get to "be" a major character, decide his lines and even what he looks like!
You're actually the second person to guess correctly, Kyledove pm'd me with the right answer but said he wanted someone else to win. Edit: Forgot to reply to the rest of your post xD. Thank you, I've tried really hard to get the graphics this good :)
And if everyone is wondering what exactly the part it's based off looked like, look at this:
24b9f60.png

So quite similar to North Wales then ;)

@the-kahr: Cheating isn't allowed.

Update:
Map-6.png

I've changed the map as I forgot to include a desert. this time, I think I'll explain the parts in a little more detail. The big blue town at the left connects to the desert island by ferry. The desert island connects to the eastern one by plane. The red town in the middle of the sea is based off Pacifidlog town in Hoenn. You'll have to travel there and the connecting town by surfing. I've changed the top of Kindle Woods to have Auntumn trees, this will be shown in a future update.

For anyone who doesn't view Deviantart much, I've now set up an account there. I'll usually from now on post new screens and anything else to do with the game a couple of days in advance of here, so make sure you check it out: http://peekychew.deviantart.com/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Cool.That's the first time i've ever actually guessed something right on here.

Do I decide what pokemon this person has?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Cool.That's the first time i've ever actually guessed something right on here.

Do I decide what pokemon this person has?
Great! You decide practically everything about them you want to. Their lines/Pokemon/looks, you could even make them evil!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Mint....

How about....

He's on a quest to capture Rayquaza, and thinks you want it too, so every time you meet, you battle?But then in the end, you team up to take down Rayquaza?

Obviously, if you don't want Rayquaza in your game, ignore that.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Sounds great, since Rayquaza is actualy one of the few legendarys to be included in the game. We should probably move to VM as to not clutter up the thread, btw.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years

Map-6.png

The Okyto region.

I am having a guess that that is the southwest of england and the island seems to me the Isle of White. (What a great Holiday) (I have a feeling I am wrong though... and I live in britian... Shows how much I pay attention to the earth... even though I always look at Google Earth XD) And, I just noticed, Okyto is an anagram of Tokyo... lol.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Fair enough. I was just way too zoomed out. I could say something about sci-fi writers having no sense of scale, but I'm not sure how many people would get it.

Seems a bit of a waste to have over half your map filled with sea, though (particularly sea you can't go on). Is it supposed to be a small region?

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Congratulations to Amore for winning! I can already imagine what your character could do...
Anyways, there is already a quest I made for Rayquaza, but it is patchy, and I like your idea better, so I think I can help with your idea. Also Peeky, aren't all the legendaries included in the game? We have quests for Mew and Mewtwo already.
And yeah, I would love to design the riddles. I'll get cracking soon, expect an update in the next week or so.
As head of storyline, I congarulate you for winning a part in the game! Yay! Also, while we're on that topic, since I'm in charge of all the plots and such, I'd like to hold a contest to design the name of the hometown. It's a small place with only a few houses (very similar to Pallet and Twinleaf) and has a beautiful golden beach. The current name is GoldLotus, so submit your ideas, and whichever one I like best will be included in the game! (If it's OK with Peeky.)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Shun: Well, the island is the isle of wight. If I hadn't created the map I'd probably never have guessed. Yeah, it is. First person to notice!

@Maruno: Well in the official games they're way, way to zoomed out. I did try to keep the scale realistic. I'm in the process of improving that, maybe by extending the region east a little and adding or extending an island.

@pikarich: All of the legendarys will be included in the game, but they won't all be given indivisual quests. Only the "good" ones will. Sure you can hold another contest, although it seems people are already entering.
So everyone can get an idea of the name needed, here's the latest map:
HomeTown.png

@shadowtogepi: The meaning is kind of good, but the name it's self doesn't fit at all...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have to agree, actually.I'm no expert, but they look...cramped.

But will people playing the game be able to see all those trees, or just some of them?

Piazza Town?? (Italian for square)
Quadrat Town?? (Catalan for square)
Platja Town?? (Catalan for beach)
Spiaggia Town?? (Italian for beach)
Terra de Sol?? (Catalan for Sunny Shore.)
Giaciglio/Pagliericcio Town? (both Italian for Pallet)

Lol, just felt like contributing. My ideas on names aren't that good, seeing as I only like two languages

And, umm...Pikarich, what exactly can you imagine my character doing??(say by VM plz)

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
No, the player will only be able to see some of them.
And I kinda like Piazza, but the others are a little too, shall we say, continental?
And VM comin' up.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
I like the map, but seriously.. those are a lot of trees on the left side, maybe a little garden or something would be more in its place their. I like almost evrything about this game so far so i'll be sure to keep my eye on it!

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
One of the best looking maps, and custom sprites I've seen. You, have yourselves a follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back