• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I'm a biker, koff~

I think it's kind of funny that I'm a biker and I like Koffing, which they often use. It'd be cool to be able to look like a biker at least or have your trainer sprite look like one when fighting other trainers. I think I'd rather have a leather vest (which I use) rather than a leather jacket. Anyways, any customization is better than none at all in any regards, koffi~

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I really like the amount of customisation that appears to be available, especially with different options for each city, and perhaps some clothing getting unlocked in miniquests.
However I'm a bit worried that male clothing may be more "boring" than female. I don't doubt for a second that your gender dictates the library available to you, and it seems a lot of creative effort has gone into Selena's stylish clothing options. Just hoping the male counterpart will be able to look as good.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
But making Calem a delicious trap is what I'm looking forward to the most!

I hope you'll be able to remove the hat at some point...
I don't really like the guy's default hat, and a fedora? Naaaaah.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Same here, I want the hat to be removable. Also I'll like it if there were more options for hats...like getting the hats of past characters (for both characters depending on their sex). I'll like to have my character wear Brandon's hat...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Considering the throwbacks they've made already (like the kanto starter fan service and pokes from earlier gens appearing early in-game), being able to pick outfits of previous protagonists might be a thing.

And I want it so much.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Considering the throwbacks they've made already (like the kanto starter fan service and pokes from earlier gens appearing early in-game), being able to pick outfits of previous protagonists might be a thing.

And I want it so much.

Gym Leaders too, koff~

I want to be able to look like Gym Leaders from every game in the series, that'd be fun, koffi~

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
^was just about to post that lol. wait here are a few I found from the trailer(I myself also got some pictures from the video). I will put them in a spoiler cuz their is alot of them lol

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I did look through the X and Y website today and I saw that the male player had not only a choice of hair color, but also skin tone as well, which I thought would be really neat to see.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

This one. Out of all the outfits I've seen so far, this one I like the most. It look like something I'd wear myself in real life. Maybe minus the hat, but I'd probably wear the hat too. Hopefully we get some outfits without hats. I''m liking the customization features it gives our characters more personality and gives a more realistic feel.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It would be quite awesome if they allowed us to replace our default backpacks with other types of bags... like handbags or hip bags. Or maybe even athletic bags. The bigger the bag you carry, the more item you would be able to store. They should even allow us to remove our bags completely if possible, and enable us to utilize our shirt and pant pockets for storage. d: After all, the pockets are there for a reason.

Last edited:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
^this. I dont want to imagine how the protagonist is gonna fit a bike into his pockets lmao(then again how can he fit all that stuff in a regular back pack. pokelogic lol)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^this. I dont want to imagine how the protagonist is gonna fit a bike into his pockets lmao(then again how can he fit all that stuff in a regular back pack. pokelogic lol)
Lol the bag must have a portal to infinite space...it's Palkia's doing!

I really want to see the player without the hat...

Years

I have only seen one picture with a bicycle, which is in lumiouse. Perhaps we can ride pokemon and use roller blades (among other forms of transportation) but not have a bike on us in the routes between towns unless it's a rental or specific to a route. Similarly, some cities will allow for several transportation features.

Again, this is completely speculation. The bike does seem to be more of an issue with the 3D overworld for some reason.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If we didn't have any kind of bags with us to put our bicycles into, then maybe we could push them around from place to place whenever we weren't riding these bikes. It would probably make it harder for us to travel by foot though, since it'd most likely prevent us from using our running shoes.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Lol the bag must have a portal to infinite space...it's Palkia's doing!

I really want to see the player without the hat...
Well you kind of can. When they are the rival they don't have their hat. We also know we won't be required to wear hats because of this picture:
pss_zps253592e4.jpg

The second player on the Friends tab isn't wearing a hat and neither is the third one under Passersby.

Since I have the picture up anyways, I think the guy with the purple hair is a good candidate for a Cress cosplay and maybe even Faulkner. Assuming you can change the colors of course.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
I'm probably going to give him blond hair, one of the hair colours featured.

I don't like Calem with the short haircut. He looks better with long hair. I hope that you can grow your hair long again if you get a short haircut.

Back