• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Pokétch

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
The Pokétch was an item introduced in D/P/Pt. Basically it was a watch with various apps on it such as the Memo Pad, where you could jot down notes quickly and a friendship checker. It also told the time while having other various interesting apps such as 'Coin Flip' and the Dowsing Machine which could find invisible items. Overall, you could get more and more apps as your journey continued.

My question to you is, did you like the Pokétch? Would you of preferred to have a device like the Pokenav or the Pokegear instead? Did you have any apps you particularly liked? And remember to give reasons on why, they're always good! Without further ado, discuss!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
The Pokétch was awesome. I loved the apps who were in it. Like the app you could see if your PKMNs were happy with you, and all. However, I would prefer if they added the map card and a phone card in the Pokétch. Would've been a lot easier to communicate with others or checking map.

Last edited:
Years
I loved the Poketch, it had some neat apps that sometimes came in handy. My faves were the Friendship Checker (so I could check my Pokemon's happiness rate), Daycare Checker (which helped me see if my Pokemon laid an egg), Pedometer (handy for resetting the Vs. Seeker!) and the Digital Clock (cos I always want a clock). I would have liked to see it have functions like the Xtransceiver in 5th Gen but with all the apps included but it was still a nice handy item to use throughout the game.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It was a neat gadget with some pretty useful apps so it's probably one of the best 'devices' out of all generations. The daycare center app was extremely useful, as well as the memopad (I think?) for tracking down Mesprit and Cresselia. I also liked how over the course of the game you could get more, although I would have preferred if many of them weren't just given to you by their developer in Jubilife.

Last edited:
Years
The Poketch was a pretty interesting device that you're given, and it really showed that Pokemon had moved on from just a single screen experience. I didn't use it all that much, except for when I was attempting to chain Pokemon to find shinies (which I proved to be pretty bad at), and the Marking Map when I was trying to catch the roaming legendaries. The one app that I always seemed to leave it on, though, was the Dowsing Machine. I always love looking for hidden items, and this version of the Dowsing Machine made it a lot easier to find them rather than just pointing you in their general direction.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I didn't mind it. I liked having the time displayed clearly on the bottom screen. I also liked having some of the applications such as the friendship tracker, or the dowsing machine. They saved me a lot of time. Though a lot of the applications were useless.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
The Pokétch is pretty useful.
But I only used the Marking Map, Digital Clock, Daycare Checker and the Dowsing.
Well, I really hated some apps. I can just refer to them as nothing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked the Pokétch, as it had a bunch of neat functions like a happiness checker, pedometer and coin flip. I would've liked it even more if it had a main menu interface so that I won't have to cycle between apps.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I thought it was really neat. It provided ways to have a map and/or team right on screen at all times, and collecting the new apps was fun and exciting. But I wish it would have been part of a Pokegear with Match Calls.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I loved it! I wish it was still in the current gen. I think my favorite was the pedometer, though a lot of people thought it was useless? I did a ton of breeding in Gen IV and I liked to know approximately how many more steps I needed to hatch an egg.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I felt it was very useful that the gear in past games. My favorite thing about it was the calalator which help me with EV training.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
I love the Pokétch!
It's by far the best use they've made of the touch-screen in any of the DS-games, well, in my opinion that is.

The digital watch, pedometer, dowsing machine and marking map are all cool and handy, as you lot mentioned.
Two of my personal favourites though are the move tester and the dot artist app. Yes, I sometimes do forget the type effectiveness of certain matchups, so it can be helpful.
As for the dot artist app, I simply enjoy making patterns and images with it. *~*

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Ah, the Poketech. I loved that added feature and really wish it had stayed. I liked playing around with the marking map, doing things like marking locations of legendary encounters (or shinies). I usually have it set on the clock to keep track of time while I play, but otherwise I use pretty much every "app" it has.

Oh, and the Kecleon app you can get is allot of fun. Always set it to blue. :D

Oh, watching Pokemon bounce around the screen is a fun little screen saver too.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I seriously loved the Poketch. After that the Pokegear. The thing they implemented in BW/BW2 has to be the worst thing they added tbh. Something designed so specifically for wi-fi/streetpass seriously annoyed me as I can't access wi-fi with my nintendo lite.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
The Poketch was amazing and very helpful. I tend to keep in on the digital clock app, since I pretty much always need to see what time it is. The Daycare app is also useful, especially if I haven't played Pearl in a while and can't remember if I have something in the Daycare and if they have an egg or not. Plus, the drawing app is a lot of fun!

Years
The Poketch was all right. I admit I was a lot more used to the PokeNav so it'd have been nice if this item was a bit more similar to it. It did have some amazing uses though, like the breeding and party apps!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I liked the Poketch and it's various apps. It had the type checker for those who were newer, the Map, so you won't get lost (it also helped with roaming Pokemon), and the simple clock app...a great addition, and one of the reasons why Gen 4 was my fav gen.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
The Poketch was one of my favourite components of Pokemon Diamond. The omnipresent multi-functional device, with its numerous convenient and entertaining mini-applications (such as the simple clock, the drawing application, the cooking timer and the log of Pokemon caught) really added substance to the game, and the whole concept of it was new and exciting to me (I didn't see the PokeNav until a little bit later, and I found it somewhat lacking in comparison to the Poketch.)

Back