• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have to mention that there's actually an intricate plot hidden beneath the obvious story. M. Night Shyamalan be damned.

I was also advertising Earth and Sky, because we're running with 4 members (Quto, Grieger, Yellow, and myself) and we could definitely use more members. I highly recommend it from teens to adults.

You don't have to advertise in your every post here :3 I might be interested; I'm rather into trainer RPs than other RPs atm.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
|Equinox|-What, do they only say their name all the time? xD 'Cause that would be stupid, no offense!

Oops I didn't see that back there. Not really :3 It's like torture for the humans. You see, when they pop out they'll be forced to say their name for a few times before being able to do what they can (talk/walk) etc, just like in the Pokemon Anime.

This is a quote from my OOC thread (in creation). This is part one of the intro, made in someone's pov.

It is time, my children.

It is finally time, my fellow Pokemon.

It is time to turn the tides, to avenge our fallen allies and family; to show the humans the pain and horror of revenge.

--

All of my children, 649 types of them, have now gathered in the region of PokeSinnoh with only one thought in mind: to spread and conquer the other regions and to bring the humans to their knees. Sinnoh was, to be honest, too easy. It couldn't even withstand a single Pokemon raid, formed by thousands of my descendants.

But in my intelligent offsprings' minds, it isn't just a 'raid and kill' massacre. Fortunate...for us, we would now show them how it feels like to be trapped inside a miserable machine, how it feels like to be a human's slave or servant. They would finally know how repulsing it can be when a Pokemon is forced to say its name over and over again upon being summoned by those hideous contraptions due to the program inputted into the devices. That would never happen again.

Recently some resourceful Pokemon have created the Human Pokeball, which has no different than an original one except for the top part: it is now violet instead of crimson. Once a human gets caught and stored into the machine, the human would be granted the ability to understand all Pokemon languages for easy communication. As for the interior, it is set by the Pokemon owner and they can decide if they would provide you paradise, a house or a floating dimension of darkness. Mind you: most Pokemon have been in a bad mood lately. With this ingenious device, we can now use it to trap our captors, just like the way they used to capture us.

To give us even more pleasure, the captured humans would now have an elemental type, just like everyone out there. It would be wonderful to see humans fighting against each other with no power to disobey their owners!

--

It is the dawn of a new age, my children. With your powers having no limits, this is only the tip of the iceberg of what we can achieve. We would let them have a taste of their own medicine.

And it would not be pleasurable...for them.

- Arceus, relaxing in the skies

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
This isn't a question, but a desperate call for help.
See, I want to take part in one of those RP threads, but there is one huge problem, as I'm mexican and still learning English, I have lots of trouble trying to describe things (seriously, whenever I try, I'm like : "um... the sky is... blue... and it has... clouds" and I'm not joking), but I can describe things greatly in Spanish, so, I wanted to know if someone could help me translating what I write before I post it, as I know nothing but a few words in English but tons of words must people haven't heard in their lives in Spanish.
Please, I wanna have fun Role Playing, just like everyone else, but I can't because of this problem, just like Remy Zero said in the main titles of Smallville, "somebody save me", or in this case, "somebody help me".
It's not that I don't want to do the job of translating myself, trust me, I've tried to, but I can't without a Bilingual Dictionary, a Grammar Book and more than half an hour, and it's quite frustrating.

Last edited:

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
Uh, hi! I'm kinda new around here, but I've been looking in here off and on today. I kinda like the pokemon-reversal idea [Equinox] has. I find it kinda ironic and funny, along with a pretty cool plot as far as I can tell. I've read the other posts, the RP's advertised seem kinda cool, but it's like, midnight here and I don't feel like trying to comment on every single thing tonight. xD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Uh, hi! I'm kinda new around here, but I've been looking in here off and on today. I kinda like the pokemon-reversal idea [Equinox] has. I find it kinda ironic and funny, along with a pretty cool plot as far as I can tell. I've read the other posts, the RP's advertised seem kinda cool, but it's like, midnight here and I don't feel like trying to comment on every single thing tonight. xD
Well, since you're here, welcome to Pokecommunity.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

What machomuu said. Welcome to the RPC. Enjoy your stay.

And congrats to PTA for hitting the 5000 mark on their IC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahaha, I was gonna hit that 5000 mark. xD But I had writer's block earlier today. dang. >_< Congrats though!

Also hi *waves*. First time posting here. :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Oops I didn't see that back there. Not really :3 It's like torture for the humans. You see, when they pop out they'll be forced to say their name for a few times before being able to do what they can (talk/walk) etc, just like in the Pokemon Anime.

This is a quote from my OOC thread (in creation). This is part one of the intro, made in someone's pov.

Ahaha, not really, I guess. In the anime it was shown in an episode that saying their own names IS their language, not in fact torture. So I don't see why humans can't communicate in their own language freely.

What I feel is that if humans with their current technology have been taken over I don't really think it would be logical, considering all the weapons we had, even if it didn't turn into a full-fledged war humans would at least be able to defend themselves.

But, if it was this way from the very beginning, it could probably work. But it depends on you.

Also, welcome to all new RPers, glad to have you guys here. :D ALSO congrats to PTA for hitting 5000.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ahaha, I was gonna hit that 5000 mark. xD But I had writer's block earlier today. dang. >_< Congrats though!

Also hi *waves*. First time posting here. :3
AAAAAH MEG WHADDUP!!

Also, to all you chumps out there, the RPAs are back again this month! Be on the look out for especially awesome roleplayers and roleplays to nominate!!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Ahaha, not really, I guess. In the anime it was shown in an episode that saying their own names IS their language, not in fact torture. So I don't see why humans can't communicate in their own language freely.

What I feel is that if humans with their current technology have been taken over I don't really think it would be logical, considering all the weapons we had, even if it didn't turn into a full-fledged war humans would at least be able to defend themselves.

But, if it was this way from the very beginning, it could probably work. But it depends on you.

Also, welcome to all new RPers, glad to have you guys here. :D ALSO congrats to PTA for hitting 5000.

To be fair, as far as pokemon lore goes pokemon /love/ being 'slaves' to the humans and only a minority that gets specifically abused doesn't enjoy captivity. This goes back to Arceus himself whom apparently designed pokemon to serve humans. Thus, explaining the magic bonds humans and pokemon share and all that cheesy jazz.

Also there are hints that some pokemon aren't exactly... Well there are hints that some pokemon are really darn stupid. |D *Cough* Magikarp.

So yeah... artistic license...and...stuff. |3

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Wana say hi to the newcomers and also congrats for PTA. You guys have made 'history' :).

WHHATT?...WHAT?....WHAT? RPA is up again. I've gotta pull my pants up and start typing......HHHHAAAAAYYYYYAAAAAA >.>!!!!

*TYPING MODE ACTIVATE*

|Equinox|

Years

Well first of all, do you really think humans would stand a chance against elemental powers? Not everyone has a gun, but each pokemon can do so much damage they can blow a house into outer space.

It isn't supposed to be torture, but we actually never know about the real truth. We're not creators of Pokemon, and we can twist the facts that aren't clearly stated in the wiki or some sort. This is why we think outside the box, use imagination and creativity to change things a bit. There must be some Pokemon that dislikes calling his own name when being summoned out from the Pokeball. What would happen if we do that to humans? That would be 1. hilarious 2. a sort of revenge against the humans as a sign of revenge. Why just shut down the fun factor and say that 'it isn't torture'? Nobody said something like 'Pokemon like calling their names when popping out and it's needed everytime!' (: If every RP is the same, following the same 'rules' or so called 'facts' there would be nothing new ^^

By saying that the Pokeballs forced them into saying it can increase the tension between the races, not to mention that it can be quite entertaining...

But actually, you've missed the point of the entire RP. This RP isn't a War against Pokemon and Humans or some sort. It isn't about war or Human's comeback. This is just like our everyday 'trainer' life, only the other way around. A gym or two, a plotline and some twists where the Pokemon/Humans realize a few facts and problems about this new 'lifestyle'.

You can just say that this would be a trainer RP, just exactly opposite located in another dimension. No, this isn't a war or just fights between people. This is Pokemon Reversal.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

To be fair, as far as pokemon lore goes pokemon /love/ being 'slaves' to the humans and only a minority that gets specifically abused doesn't enjoy captivity. This goes back to Arceus himself whom apparently designed pokemon to serve humans. Thus, explaining the magic bonds humans and pokemon share and all that cheesy jazz.

Also there are hints that some pokemon aren't exactly... Well there are hints that some pokemon are really darn stupid. |D *Cough* Magikarp.

So yeah... artistic license...and...stuff. |3
But it was Mew who supposedly created pokemon, as theorized by scientists through the fact that it has the DNA of all Pokemon. On Arceus' side of the spectrum, we know even less about it. In fact, it could be comprable to the Christian God, we have no proof that it is the true God pokemon or even that it has the powers of one (other than Judgment). I wouldn't say that they "love" being enslaved. After all, that's why N was so passionate about his movement, and really, that is why the pokeball was created.

The theory goes that Arceus created Mew, and Mew created all other pokemon (and he created various other legendaries for different properties and facets of reality). Now, this is all theory, but it's canonical theory and is said and implied at various points in the story (as in all of the games).

Last edited:

|Equinox|

Years
If they love being enslaved they won't struggle when they're first captured (: We can only say that the bonding between the trainers and le Pokemon' good enough so they won't fight back and obey the orders. Eventually they'll turn into friends.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If they love being enslaved they won't struggle when they're first captured (: We can only say that the bonding between the trainers and le Pokemon' good enough so they won't fight back and obey the orders.
I don't know about that, it's rare that you instantly like someone when you first meet them, I certainly wouldn't put all my trust into someone I just met. I'd say it's more a matter of, "if they love being enslaved, why would the pokeball exist in the first place." There are several capturing apparatus made for the capture and what is essentially mind control (the latter being the capture styler, though to be fair it's simply relaying the ranger's feelings to the pokemon, but if they like to be enslaved they shouldn't resist the styler) when really trainers and people should be able to befriend them by natural means.

Supposedly Arceus created Pokemon to live in harmony with humans, I don't think that's the same thing as wanting them to be enslaved. It really depends on how the trainer treats the Pokemon, in Ash Ketchum's case he treated them well and he took care of them, so they stayed (I know he's an anime character, but I'm using the game's logic). However, in the case of...some bad trainer they didn't like, they may try to leave, but they're essentially bound to that trainer by the capturing apparatus. I don't think that's what Arceus wanted. I think Arceus simply wanted them to live together harmoniously, peacefully, and equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back