• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Wings and Things~ A Bird Pokemon Fan Club

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Wings And Things
Welcome to Wings and Things, a bird Pokemon fan club. We just love the bird Pokemon. If you like bird Pokemon, then ths is for you. Check it out!

Signup:
Username: (Your username.)
Partner Pokemon: (Choose a bird Pokemon that will appear next to your name in the Members list.)
Answer A Topic: (Answer one of the Current Topics.

Staff:

GoldenRayquaza (Owner)

Members:
GoldenRayquaza -
Titles:
exp.share.png
Club Owner

AlexOzzyCake -
396.png

kosuke -
276.png

crimsonskarmory -
227.png

Tetrakeet -
521.png

milkymew -
581.png

Nickle4aPickle -
178.png

CloysterOyster -
018.png

*Please note that if you have not been active to this club in 30 days, you will be moved to the Inactive Members list.

Inactive Members:
Luckily, none yet.

Titles
This is a list of titles you can earn.​

Club Owner: Be the owner of this club. Of course, only I can earn this one.
Club Staff Member: From time to time, I may hire staff members for the club. Be one to get this.
True Wings: Stay active to this club for over a year.
Soaring Eagle: Stay active to this club for over 6 months.
Sky High Flight: Stay active to this club for over 3 months.
Sticking With The Flock: Stay active to the club for over a month.
Extreme Bird: Have over 100 posts in this club.
Fully Grown: Have over 50 posts in this club.
Born to Fly: Have over 25 posts in this club.
Young Chick: Have over 10 posts in this club.
Born Shiny: A lucky member will earn this every 2 months. This will also make your partner Pokemon shiny.
Talented Wings: Win over 10 contests in this club.
Non-Birdbrain: Win the Tweety Trivia contest.
Writing Is A Tweet To Me: Win the Soaring Story contest.
Creative Caws: Win the Artful Wings contest.​

Contests:

Tweety Trivia-This is a bird Pokemon related quiz. Give the best answer to the following question, and you win.​

Name a bird pokemon that does not have the Flying type. Why do you think this happened?

Deadline: June 10

Soaring Story-Write a story over 250 words about the following topic. Best story wins!​

You are a Pidgey, and you are stuck on the ground, badly injured. A ____ attacks you, and you try to fight it off. What will happen?

Some points to consider:

• Why are you badly injured?
  • Why did the ____ attack you?
  • How will you defeat/outsmart the ____?

Artful Wings: Create a image of the following topic. Best image wins!

A Tailow is flying through the woods with some of his Pidgey friends.

Current Topics:

What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon?

Do you think there should be more legendary bird Pokemon?

Past Topics:

If you could give any bird Pokemon an extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it?

Join now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Owowow I love bird Pokémon but there's a lot to answer at once here ahah. I'll enter the competitions etc soon, but for now I think I'll just sign up!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Starly! It's such an adorable badass of a Pokémon; the much cooler version of Pidgey ;D

If you could give any bird Pokemon a extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it?
It would be Staraptor! I'd get rid of the Normal typing and make it a Fighting/Flying Pokémon, since to me that's what it always should have been. It's such a strong and aggressive bird Pokémon with reliance on moves like Close Combat and with great physical capabilities, so it always seemed odd to me that he didn't carry a Fighting typing. I'd love to see how much more impressive he gets with this addition!

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Welcome to the club AlexOzzyCake!

AlexOzzyCake's profile has been accepted!

And yeah, I agree with the Staraptor thing. It would be pretty cool with the Fighting type. It's aggressive too, so good point.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Username: kosuke
Partner Pokemon: taillow!
If you could give any bird Pokemon a extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it?
It would be more appropriate if Braviary's Normal type would be changed into Fighting or maybe Dark. He just looks too awesome for a Normal type, ya know.

crimsonskarmory

Alchemist
Years
Username: crimsonskarmory
Partner Pokémon: Skarmory
If you could give any bird Pokemon a extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it? I think Noctowl should be a Psychic and flying or a Dark and flying since owls naturally come out at night and he also looks a little dark to me.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I love Bird Pokemon as much as Flower Pokemon (is there a Flower Pokemon club too?)! :) My personal favorite Bird is the Unfezant♀ (and all the pigeon Pokemon in general).

Username: Tetrakeet
Bird Partner: Unfezant

Current topic: "
If you could give any bird Pokemon a extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it?"
Response: I'd like to give the Pidove line a Psychic type. They could learn sleep/sing abilities to lull their opponents. I think it would make sense since Doves are all about peace and the Tranquill itself even has a peaceful name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Username: milkymew
Partner Pokemon: swanna! it's so pretty and you can only find it (in the wild) in a certain area postgame, so it's rare!
Answer A Topic: If you could give any bird Pokemon a extra type, who would that Pokemon be and what type would you give it?

well if the fairy type really is a thing i would give it to swanna because it's so calm and serene-looking.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Okay. You're in. My computer is broken, so I'm typing on my 3DS, and I can't put your partner Pokemon pictures in until I get a new one. Hang in there

kosuke's profile has been accepted!

crimsonskarmory's profile has been accepted!

Tetrakeet's profile has been accepted!

milkymew's profile has been accepted!

New topics!

What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon! i like it! theres only one fire type bird (moltres), so a fire type bird that appears to be an early game common thing is good!

Do you think there should be more legendary bird Pokemon? yeah, theres only like, what, 3, maybe 4?

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
Hello! :D
Username: Nickle4aPickle
Partner Pokemon: Xatu
Answer A Topic: Fletchling
I think it's adorable and I really hope that its evolutions are cute, too!

I made an experimental userbar! Let me know what you think! If you guys like 'em, I'll make more!

Sig code. Made clickable. :D Just take out the *s!
[*URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302207"][*IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2rqhzz6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

crimsonskarmory

Alchemist
Years
What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokémon. I think it looks really cool and I really hope its evolutions look just as good as it does. As much as I want it to also be fire and flying I just don't think it is going to be because its type just cant change from normal to fire. Usually a type is either removed or added during evolution not changed completely.

Do you think there should be more legendary bird Pokémon? Yes legendary birds are awesome.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Looks cool. I hope its evolution will also look cool. It seems that they really have prepared for this. I also like its colors.
Of course! They should make something that has an unusual type combination. Maybe something like ghost/flying.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Well, I like Robins in general so this Pokemon was an auto-like for me. I also like the fact that it doesn't have mean looking eyebrows like the Pidgey and Spearow did! I'm worried that the Fletchling may just be a carbon copy of the Spearow though. I sure hope I'm wrong on that. >_<

Yup! I'd like to see a human-like/bird legendary type Pokemon. Human-like Pokemon legendary seem to be a trend as it is, so it could work! ^ ^

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I made an experimental userbar! Let me know what you think! If you guys like 'em, I'll make more!

I love that userbar. It's really nice. I'll add a Userbars section to the main post.

Nickle4aPickle's profile has been accepted!

By the way, the computer's still broken, so I can't get the images in yet.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Name a bird pokemon that does not have the Flying type. Why do you think this happened?

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/psyduck
Psyduck, the duck that cannot fly. It lacks feathered wings andis unable to fly, so it wasn't tagged as a Flying type, just Water.

(The strange part is that in Gen5 it is able to learn the Fly TM. How odd is that?)

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
1st Gen is done!
euivx0.jpg

Code:
http://i39.tinypic.com/euivx0.jpg

mbtm5d.jpg

Code:
http://i40.tinypic.com/mbtm5d.jpg

illkk3.jpg

Code:
http://i41.tinypic.com/illkk3.jpg

jh4f90.jpg

Code:
http://i40.tinypic.com/jh4f90.jpg

34s0aox.jpg

Code:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34s0aox.jpg

jg342g.jpg

Code:
http://i39.tinypic.com/jg342g.jpg

n1w2m0.jpg

Code:
http://i39.tinypic.com/n1w2m0.jpg

EDIT: XD That's hilarious, Tetra!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Name a bird pokemon that does not have the Flying type. Why do you think this happened? the torchic line. as torchic is based off a chicken, chickens cannot fly very high nor for very long, and in addition to that, torchic's wings are tiny and could not possibly support it in flight.

as for combusken and blaziken, their wings are actually arms, and they are not sufficiently feathered enough, not to mention such small wings couldn't hold up anything that size.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm so late :((((((((

Username: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: I think you might be able to guess which one ;)

What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon?

So happy! It's one of the few bird-based Pokemon that actually seems to have an happy expression, and I love it, it's not all birds who have markings giving them an angry expression after all >:O But that aside, I can't really be a judge of anything at the moment, since, from what I know, not much has been revealed about it yet. At first I thought it was going to be a bit of a weakling, but it's apparently able to learn Flame Charge or whatever the move was, so I guess looks are not everything after all :p All in all, I really like it, the design is great, and it looks like it's gonna be full of surprises, so can't wait! (even though I'm probably not gonna get X/Y till much later :()

Definitely! Unless you count Latias and Latios as bird Pokemon, we haven't seen any legendaries based on birds since the second generation, so I really hope the 6th generation fixes that. I'm not sure whether Yveltal would be regarded as a bird or not, but if nothing else shows up in X/Y, at least we have that Pokemon :)

I honestly can't really think of any apart from Psyduck/Golduck and the Torchic line, and both are pretty self-explanatory, as none of their bodies are really designed to support them as Flying types in the least. I can however think of a few that wouldn't make sense to be Flying types, as they shouldn't be able to fly. Most obvious one is Doduo/Dodrio, as neither of them actually have wings. Now, giving the the Flying type would make sense, as there isn't really any other alternative they could use, however, for some reason they decided to make both Pokemon able to learn Fly (in the first generation at least, not sure about other generations), which is what I find really odd. They have no wings, how are they ever going to be able to fly? By pulling a Wario and travelling around with rocket farts? Not really explanation for that.

There's also the Piplup line and Delibird, who all are based on penguins, and shouldn't be able to fly, as their wings aren't able to support their weight, so it's pretty much the same thing with Dodrio. It makes sense that they would give them the Flying type, but no reason to why they should be able to fly. But the thing with them is, that they all have alternatives to the Flying type. Water/Ice would make a good and reasonable type combination, and if not, just make Water type. They don't have to be Flying types, just because they're based on birds.

Why are you talking about Pokemon that do not have Bird type?
The only Bird type is MissingNo.
First off, a bird type hasn't been mentioned at any point in this thread, so I don't really get where you're coming from. The club is a fan club for Pokemon based on birds, and while there at some point has been a Bird type, it isn't related to this club at all :p

However it is quite interesting, and could explain why Pokemon like the ones of the Doduo line was actually made in the first place (well, not why they're able to learn Fly, and it doesn't really apply past R/B/G). I don't think the typing has actually been explained, but if you catch a MissingNo. in either Red, Blue or Green version, its typing would be a dual type of Bird and something else I can't recall, which probably means that in some point in the development of the games, there either was an additional type, the Bird type, or that the Flying type originally was the Bird type, but later changed to accommodate for other Pokemon who are able to fly, but aren't exactly bird Pokemon. This is probably why Doduo and Dodrio were even considered in the first place, because the Bird type would fit them, despite their lack of ability to fly. The reason that they're able to learn the HM Fly, may be because the games were programmed in a way, so that all Pokemon of a specific type would be able to learn specific TMs/HMs. Now, this isn't anything I know for certain, but it would make sense :p

Also, GoldenRayquaza, if it would make managing the club easier, I could help you with managing it until you get a new computer :)

Back