• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I like sound attacks, they are cool, but don't need a type yet.

And yet, as always, 'yet' is the key word here. After all, if the amount of Pokémon that use sound-related moves increases to the average number of moves which belong to each of the other types along with the number of sound-related Pokémon such that the latter group also begins to contain about the same number of Pokémon[/i} as all of the other types on average, then it might make sense for GameFreak to introduce this 'Sound' type. But they won't do anything about it until this event has happened, so I'd be patient if I were you and wait for more sound-related Pokémon and moves.

Ok, now I'm really confused with the whole Serena/Calem & Yvonne/Xavier, who is who? ;;

The Player Character has the X-Y name.

The Unselected Gender doesn't use the X or Y name. They have a different set of names.

Couldn't they have just used 'Serena' and 'Calem' for both[/I} of them? I like those names a lot better.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I bought a 3DS last year and at long last it feels worth buying with the upcoming release of X and Y, the only game that motivated me to buy it up until that point was Mario Kart 7 and then Mystery Dungeon.

What about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land? Didn't those titles interest you as well?

What is this talk of a possible pokemon EV? Does anyone know what that means?

"EV will be more visible" People think there will be a in-game facility to check them.

Or maybe there'll be a new screen that you can access from the 'Summary' item that you can pick from the list that pops up after you select a Pokémon from your team, like this?

They could easily show a screen with 'capabilities' with a talent-percentage (iv/31 * 100) and a bar that shows how well a certain stat is trained (ev's per stat) and overall trained (total ev's). Nothing confusing there and anyone could understand it. Have a character explain that each Pokémon has different talents and that how you care for your Pokémon trains their stats differently and you're done.

Is anyone else afraid of how slow the game could play? Especially the battle scenes.. I'd give up cinematics for a fast playing game anytime.

Hasn't there always been a setting on the 'Options' screen that lets you turn what it calls 'Battle Animations' on and off?

Speaking of graphics, I can already imagine Nintendo one day making a game with graphics SO realistic that they're sometimes disturbing & people will start saying X & Y's graphics were the best & a new era of Genwunning will begin {XD}

I think that GameFreak will only put realistic graphics into the Pokémon franchise after humankind starts creating real Pokémon through the science of genetic engineering (admit it, you want a Pikachu for a pet!)

I must admit and agree with AnonygooseD the graphics do look amazing which will in turn make those annoying encounters a little more interesting and enjoyable to experience.

Speaking of encounters, does anybody here think that GameFreak will eventually show some sort of shadow like those used for enemy encounters in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for a split second before a battle with a wild Pokémon begins with the randomly-selected Pokémon whose shadow just jumped out of the grass at you?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Seems we may get something in August
"A new special showcase has been revealed. For the first time ever, Japan will receive a trade show dedicated to Pokémon called the Pokémon Game Show. Running from August 17th to August 18th in Tokyo's Big Sight venue, this event will provide the latest in news for Tretta, Anime and Cards as well as give visitors an opportunity to play Pokémon X & Pokémon Y before others. The full details of this trade show will be revealed in July"- source: Serebii

Now we only need July and September to have something and I feel happy about the last three months of news left (well the games come out in October before the official release of Corocoro).

Years
i would really like to see in the games giovanni and mabye even red.
every time i play crystal/HGSS i feel that the team rocket saga hasn't really ended. they still looking for giovanni and they all admire their boss so much, that it really bug me that it end like that. i hope we will see giovanni in kalos and have someing that will make it feel like this story really end.

also i think it would be nice to see red who just disapear after we beat him

Years
Hey they never caught Cyrus or Ghetsis either, the former even said he won't give up in his plans...actually Team Rocket's story seems more finished than Team Galactic's...so Galactic should appear if any old team.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
According to Serebii, a Fennekin in a battle at the World Hobby Fair used (or knew, I haven't seen any footage) the move Psychic.

It's not a sure thing.....but it definitely doesn't hurt the case for a Fire/Psychic evolution.

A double battle was also shown but I didn't doubt it would return.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't know if GameFreak will troll us by making Fennekin's final form be pure Fire or Fire paired with another type (hopefully not Fighting), even though Fennekin was confirmed to be able to learn Psychic. Why? Because some non-Psychics are able to learn Psychic.

As for other Pokemon's moves, I was surprised when Chespin got Wood Hammer. It doesn't look...woody enough to use the move, but if it does have a good Attack stat, then at least it has a strong STAB to fall back on. I'm also hoping that Chespin also gets Seed Bomb so that it has a recoil-free STAB alternative.

Also, I was totally right on Froakie getting Bounce. I don't know if it'll get Acrobatics, though. (I was talking to AWSquared the other day on possible moves the starters would get and he agreed with some my predictions)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
According to Serebii, a Fennekin in a battle at the World Hobby Fair used (or knew, I haven't seen any footage) the move Psychic.

It's not a sure thing.....but it definitely doesn't hurt the case for a Fire/Psychic evolution.

A double battle was also shown but I didn't doubt it would return.

If true, means starters can be Grass/rock, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Flying.

To me, this makes Fenniken the weakest. Three best Fire Starters are all Fire/Fighting and Fire/Psychic can't really take a Stealth Rock. Pitted with possible stat ruining and with possibility of both Froakie and Chespin having evolution type advantage over it...It's a repeat of Snivy. Pray its a Special Attack oriented Fire Type.

Years
Well when you think about it grass tends to do worse than it's fellow fire and water members. Gen 2 has Meganium, which imo isn't much use beyond stall/status, Gen 3...Sceptile is good but is less used even though it has 4x strong against follow Swampert, Gen 5 has Serperior...small moveset.

Gen 4's seem the most even imo, and gen 1...Blastoise seems to be the least used...

Either way as long Fennekin has Swampert like stats (maybe it'll end up being a Fire, special version of Swampert) and a equally large moveset it'll be fine. Fire covers Steel, Grass, Ice, while psychic covers Fighting,and Poison. And while it may not face off well against Stealth rock it's still not as bad as Charzard...and it has additional stab unlike Typlosion.

Years
I was dead-on right with Fennekin learning Psychic, although Chespin getting Wood Hammer caught me off-guard. I do agree with PlatinumDude that it needs Seed Bomb for a recoil-free physical STAB. Froakie getting Bounce was sorta right given its description mentioned jumping as high as a tall building.

And while in most cases with starters the Grass-type was often treated the worst (except Kanto and Sinnoh) like Meganium being purely defensive, Sceptile not getting a lot of use despite its good stats, and Serperior's movepool being shallow. And while there's a slight chance that Fennekin may end up becoming the least used due to the possibility of Game Freak trolling and ruining the stats or something.

I do agree Fennekin may become Fire/Psychic when it evolves, but I don't know if Froakie's evolutions should be part-Flying. Chespin becoming part-Rock when it evolves is alright, given how many odd weaknesses and resistances it gets, like Cradily in 3rd Gen. No surprise if Chespin and Froakie's evolutions get a type advantage over Fennekin's. Also remember that in the Starter discussion thread here, Fennekin is the most popular right now, Froakie being least popular and Chespin being in the middle, but that may all change when the evolutions are revealed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keep in mind, this does not say that they learn it by level up. These can also be Egg and TM moves which would make sense for Bounce (em), wood hammer (em), and psychic (tm). A lot of things learn Psychic through TM. A good number learn Bounce as an egg move as well.

Years
They proably think it's a cool combo, and could care less about it's competitive aspects in the end if they do go ahead and do Fire/Psychic. Now Fire/Ground would be another combo it could have as it's based on a fox that lives in the desert (of course not all desert living pokémon are part ground...look at Cacnea). Plus if it has that combo it'll only have water and ground moves to worry about. And 4x weakness to another starter type has been seen before in Gen 3 so it's likely.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Serebii is saying a trailer was featured for Pokemon X & Y during a special preview for the new movie. Apparentely a new pokemon was featured in it called Aulotte/Orotto. Sounds interesting.

Serebii said it looks similar to Beeheeyem....

Did anyone else think Audino when they saw the name? It's probably just coincidence....

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Serebii is saying a trailer was featured for Pokemon X & Y during a special preview for the new movie. Apparentely a new pokemon was featured in it called Aulotte/Orotto. Sounds interesting.

Did anyone else think Audino when they saw the name? It's probably just coincidence....

Yup but since you said it looks like Beeheeyem i am expecting a Pokemon with a huge hat that Tierno will be using.Maybe it will resemble the musical instrument Aulos which is Flute in Greek.

BTW I was looking around to see France wildlife.
I found an animal that resembles Gogoat and 2 Salamanders.One that likes Fire and one that lives in water.So maybe Helioptile has a split evo?One Water/Electric and one Fire/Electric

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

I thought audino to when i saw it. I hope it is a audino evo, but i saw people pointed out it could be a snark. Another new pokemon was shown, i hope we still the trailer to see them soon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Well hopefully they carry on with the cool legendarys, That's what i'm looking forward to seeing next to the last evolutions of the starters

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
It could be the small, cute event-legendary Pokémon of this gen. Just like how Victini was announced for a new movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back