• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I find the humanoid Pokemon vaguely creepy because I'm imagining like...people in Pokemon just getting married to them lol.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
lol Toujours, creepy thought

Can't imagine how'd they reproduce though. Don't even think about elaborating!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well I figure there's no reproduction and it's not common, but in like...the Japan of the Pokemon world there will be people marrying Pokemon instead of robots like in our Japan, lmao.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I find the humanoid Pokemon vaguely creepy because I'm imagining like...people in Pokemon just getting married to them lol.
aww please no!! D:< that's just weird. i can imagine tyranitar though <3 in a tux @_@

Years
I picked a bad time to visit this thread. :<

Mr. Mime is seriously creepy even without the weird places Toujours' mind takes it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't think I've ever had a humanoid Pokemon on one of my teams.

And now that I've witnessed this discussion, I don't think it'll ever happen now.

SAY NO TO HUMAN-POKEMON MARRIAGE!!!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I picked a bad time to visit this thread. :<

Mr. Mime is seriously creepy even without the weird places Toujours' mind takes it.
If you see how he makes dinner and cleans the house though with that squeeky voice it's kind of cute XD

I don't think I've ever had a humanoid Pokemon on one of my teams.

And now that I've witnessed this discussion, I don't think it'll ever happen now.

SAY NO TO HUMAN-POKEMON MARRIAGE!!!
if gays can marry then pokemon and humans can too ok

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Guys my mind always takes people to weird places. In my mentor application I have "being completely inappropriate" as one of my interests.

And now comes the debates of whether Pokemon have human intelligence or animal intelligence!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I think they might even have more than human intelligence. Psychic and Dark types without a doubt and other Pokémon seem to be on par with humans.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But the question is, does that mean most Pokemon CAN'T? Because in the anime they seem to understand the gist of what's being said. And then the ones with incredible intelligence - CAN ALAKAZAM LOVE

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
And let's not forget that Metagross has four brains and the calculating power of a supercomputer.

Perhaps Pokemon can understand human speech, or maybe they're just really good at reading body language and are able to determine how humans are feeling that way.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Somewhere in the middle. Most of them are smarter than average animals but not most of them can solve human riddles. xD

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
But the question is, does that mean most Pokemon CAN'T? Because in the anime they seem to understand the gist of what's being said. And then the ones with incredible intelligence - CAN ALAKAZAM LOVE
I think he can lol, or well, do you mean romantic love, and with a human? I don't really see a Pokémon falling in love with a human XD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Pokemon can breed with Pokemon not of their species - to me, that means that they can fall in love with Pokemon of other species too. And if they can fall in love with things outside their species, why not humans?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well, okay I'm just gonna compare it with animals. A dog could uhh fall in love with a cat in that case, they are both animals, just different species, but that still doesn't mean he could fall in love with a human too, idk it's just different. I know the difference but can't really explain it atm.

Years
While the possibility always exist, it's not necessarily a given.
In fact it has happened both ways in the existing medias (although some involved some sort of hypnosis or illusions ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back