• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Which browser sucks?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm going with IE and Safari (especially on iPod/iPhone and Windows). I'm gonna be honest, I tried IE9, and wasn't that impressed. I still find it clunky and it's not updated as much as the other browsers. Safari on Windows never seems to work at all and on iPhone/iPod it runs really slow.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Internet Explorer, definitely. It's so slow, plus no one uses it anymore. You're weird if you still use IE.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've always wondered what would happen if we were to force someone that thinks IE is the worst browser to use IE10 on Windows 8 for a week. The Next Web, if I remember correctly, had exactly one experiment that is similar - give up Chrome and use IE9 for a week.

I think for Internet Explorer to save its reputation, or whatever there is left of it, it needs to pull an Outlook.com - drop the old name and interface entirely. Maybe that is what they need to get their rep out of the gutter. It's kind of sad to see something that used to be good become bad, and then having a very hard time to redeem itself.

On the topic itself, after trying out Google Chrome on my newly-bought dual-core tablet... Well, throw in Google Chrome into "slow browsers". Really, mobile IE9 is faster... on just one core. Hope Jelly Bean smooths the kinks out.

*rant over*

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Haha, Internet Explorer. A given, I guess. But yeah, I just haven't had a good experience with that browser; it's too slow and laggy for my liking. Way back when I used it, Netscape wasn't my favorite to use either.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I have been spoil by Google Chrome but I have never ever ever ever liked Internet Explore. In school because I was in such a Mac heavy school district (it was always a 2nd choice but I always use safari) I didn't have start using Internet Explore till college. Man I dislike IE so much it just isn't pleasing to use.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I think IE got a bad rep over the years from newer and better browsers being released to compete with it. It got to the point people only used IE to download their preferred browser. I'm sure they learned and made it a better browser overall to use but it will take a while to get rid of the reputation it has. Ive seen Opera id probably vote that as the worst even over IE haha.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I don't consider it browser as its only use is downloading Chrome/FF/Opera/whatever after you get new PC/laptop but the worst is of course Internet Explorer.

This ^^^
So true lol. But yeah, Internet Explorer is the worst of all the browsers. I only use it to download Chrome when I get a new laptop/desktop :/
Oh and I use it to make use of the Real Player plug-in when my other browser doesn't support it for some reason.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Easy one: Internet Explorer.

Even IE10 is terrible. It isn't slow or something, but one of the first webpages I opened was messed up already. And err, I like to see websites the way they are intended to see.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't like Firefox, it never worked for me! I've tried it on two different computers and both times it wouldn't display any flash images. I know I've probably just installed it wrong or something, but a browser shouldn't be complicated to set up :( This is why I prefer Chrome, it's easy to work with and very reliable.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Easy one: Internet Explorer.

Even IE10 is terrible. It isn't slow or something, but one of the first webpages I opened was messed up already. And err, I like to see websites the way they are intended to see.

Fun fact: I've been browsing the web for a long time and have dabbled in some HTML and CSS. I've noticed that most cases of Internet Explorer messing up pages were caused by bad web page coding... I blame people developing for WebKit only. In fact, the easiest way to mess up Internet Explorer? Omitting the <!DOCTYPE html ...> part at the very first part of the HTML, or putting a comment before it - both invalid.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Fun fact: I've been browsing the web for a long time and have dabbled in some HTML and CSS. I've noticed that most cases of Internet Explorer messing up pages were caused by bad web page coding... I blame people developing for WebKit only. In fact, the easiest way to mess up Internet Explorer? Omitting the <!DOCTYPE html ...> part at the very first part of the HTML, or putting a comment before it - both invalid.

That may be true, but the fact is that some people are going to do this, and pretty much any other modern web browser can display these pages just fine.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That may be true, but the fact is that some people are going to do this, and pretty much any other modern web browser can display these pages just fine.

Heh. I'm actually a bit grateful that IE10's quirks mode for these messed up pages is in line with other browsers now, and they are still keeping the IE5 mode just in case.

People managing to make the DTD mistake need to have a crash course on web standards, since it tells the browser what to expect in a way - if the DTD does not exist or is invalid, almost all browsers will assume that the page is nonstandard and might need to make concessions to page layout and scripting.

I've seen my fair share of personal and experimental sites that fail in IE9 by default due to lack of a proper DTD, but flipping the F12 switch and forcing Standards fixes mosdt of them. Hmmm....

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think a more appropriate title would be, "Just how bad does IE suck?"

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I think a more appropriate title would be, "Just how bad does IE suck?"
I definitely LOL'd at that.

Anyway, I certainly despise IE. Whoever in Microsoft is in charge of IE development needs to get a dork stamp.

I don't like Chrome much. When your computer needs to perform a System Restore, try Google Chrome. It won't be so helpful then, and you'll wish you had IE instead. It happened to me, and Chrome flunked something fierce. And it has a weird bug that makes uninstalling nearly impossible when this occurrence happens.

Safari is okay. Not my favorite.

Opera is better, considering the DS version loads way faster than the PSP's web browser. Stupid NetFront ****.

Firefox is my favorite. It's a streamlined powerhouse built by a great community with loads of plugins available.

Although, IE haters are gonna disagree with me on this one, but...
IE and Safari are basically all the other browsers' parents. Without them, you couldn't have downloaded other browsers, unless you bought a Mac or Chromebook. Opera is the lonely kid at the school cafeteria who no one wants to hang out with. Chrome is the mathematical genius in the class, but overloads when confronted by the bigger kids. And lastly, Firefox is the coolest, most popular kid who everyone admires and wishes they could be that cool.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Very easy answer: Internet Explorer. Chrome and Firefox totally tops it in any circumstance. (I prefer to use Chrome over Firefox though, it's much faster.)

Back