• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Oh my... Let's make it quick.
Wonder Guard allows only super effective moves to hit, because Shedinja is a bug/ghost, it's killed by rock, fire, flying (from bug's type) and ghost, dark (from ghost type) moves.
As Shadow Lugia is Dark/Ghost, it has no weaknesses and that's why no attacking moves would work if it hypothetically had a Wonder Guard...

And let me prove you wrong with one move: Foresight.

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I'm attempting to Nuzlocke this game, and I'm not too far, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone else done it in video format? If so I'd appreciate a link.

I've got to say so far this game is great, I only have one complaint... The trainers/wild Pokemon/xp rates don't really work with the boss fights in this. Somehow it needs to be changed so you don't have to grind SO much to be equally leveled.

Youtube User 2canentertainment tried and fail. You will spend most of your time grinding for sure

_________

OP:Thank you for linking my LP Playlist. I haven't even considered myself good enough to even mention myself. I can't even do link here myself.(it's the walkthrough with 22 at the end of the URL)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years

Yeah, also a way. But that does not prove me wrong as XD100 would have no weakness before you use Foresight. And... let's be serious here... There's no one who would have Foresight at that time on any Pokemon on their party.
Well, with the way you had worded things up there, it made you seem as if you were saying that there'd be no earthly way of beating a Wonder Guard Shadow Lugia with an attack move. But since Ive never even gotten to Shadow Lugia in this hack, I'd have no idea if it was legit plausible for someone to have Foresight (Or Oder Sleuth) on a Pokemon.

On a different note, Ive decided to give this hack another go cleanly. The only cheating Ive done was giving myself one Lucky Egg to start (Had to sacrifice the Potion in my PC to do so) to help out with the leveling and alter MudSlap so it's double strong and double PP but the Lower Accuracy is halved. My team as of Tiki Village:

Calm Gabite LVL 24 (Dragonbreath, Slash, Dig, Bite)
Gentle Ivysaur LVL 18 (Tackle, SleepPowder, LeechSeed, Vinewhip)
Lonely Pigeotto LVL 19 (Tackle, Gust, SandATK, QuickATK)
Serious Drilbur LVL 18 (Scratch, MudSlap, RapidSpin, Submission)

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXmmB0aho&feature=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!

Last edited:

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXmmB0aho&feature=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!

this is what i did just to beat shadow lugia
1st bring 50 pcs of revive
2nd bring pokemon that has a skill of perish song or destiny bond
3rd you must need a lot of patience co'z "dark chaos" skill of shadow lugia is max to 35(i think)

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
You didn't disable Revives, perma-Sun Chlorophyll Stun Spores, or Destiny Bond. Honestly, I don't see how anyone has the patience for any of your mandatory endgame super-bosses, which all met the same fate in my game:

LQbnRNI.png

Regigigas's lack of high-PP ways to touch Gengar, combined with Substitute and parahax, gave me enough free turns to revive everyone in the middle of the match, refresh Destiny Bond PP, and then poke it to death with elemental punches. Everyone else ate a Stun Spore followed by Destiny Bond.

Frankly I don't see why people like this game so much when it has nothing but contempt for its players. Half of my team in endgame was good for nothing but cleaning up a few of the non-broken endgame threats, and half of those didn't even have legal sets. Never mind the fact that the rest of the game's level curve is out of whack (level 70 ubers before the 4th gym, anyone?) and in general an unpolished mess. If the faults I was finding were "too tiny" before, they certainly won't be now. I've gone through Cerulean Cave and Icefall Cave. I've seen the hack writing surrounding V and Light. I've been abducted by the Kecleon ship.

I wish you luck with your next hack, but I have to wonder how nobody seems to care about the issues that plague this one.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

I wouldn't say unbeatable just rather extremely difficult and annoying to beat. Lugia able to just spam its Dark Chaos move (which has like the max pp any move can have - 35 I think) and would OHKO every one on my team. Literally just kept reviving pokemon after they kept getting killed. Also my Blastoise the only one to tank that move, would get poisoned and then still die :( lol. Simply put I just waited the Dark Chaos and full restores out before being able to beat it. Also doesn't help that the champion has 6 pokemon as well

If the battle feels more like a battle and not a waiting game it would have been better, but I still love the hack

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I am really enjoying the hack so far thanks DarkRisingGirl. I Have beaten one gym leader and my team so far is Bagon, Pidgeotto, Corphish and Tynamo. Should I switch a Houndoor for my corsphish or no, Houndoom has a decent movepool but I am not sure.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..

Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine

Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Alright, so after realizing that I chose the worst Starter in this hack as far as Special Attack goes, Im once again deleting the files and starting all over again. And more than likely, Im gonna end up using YAPE to tip the scales in my favor again.

Last edited:

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.

Oh no. The game moves at a much faster pace than the world we live it lol. Most likely that would take maybe a couple hours or so, I'm not exactly sure.

What I did was just use this time to grind some levels on my pokemon using the VS Seeker battling the second ranger near the HQ. I did this a couple times during the day with some break and it happened easily. The process shouldn't take more than a few hours at the most.

Hope it works out

Years
I have a habit to keep my team happy and that is why I never fainted even 0.1 % of my poke in any hack that is why I just used Double Team, ThunderWave combo and then swap my team to finish of Shadow Lugia and I can say that it was not Immortal. Just did the job with two tries honestly !!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Tough? Powerful?
I must have been using wrong version...
I mean all you need is Umbreon... I did not even have team of 100 levels...
Umbreon can widstand any attack and is resistant to Dark Chaos which only poisons it and if Lugia's not Toxiced by Umbreon, it gets poisoned from Synchronize.
Game over.
Mewtwo was bigger pain in the butt...

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2022
I have a question! In the gameplay, do you use the genIII and before method of attack/special attack or do you change it to genIV and beyond's version?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is that guy that
lets u reteach a move to your pokemon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Hey, I had a quick question if no one minds.

I've been trying to download Dark Rising for a little bit now. After the 'press Start' screen, I receive a blue screen and an error message that reads "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". Then nothing else.

What can I do to fix this?

I answered my own question. Please disregard, nothing to see here folks!

Last edited:
Back